MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2016 Edition *Updated (07/29/16)

Options

Comments

• pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Herald wrote:
    Where was it confirmed the new character is a 5*?
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47296

Note the number of stars.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(07/11/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Story & Versus events & Weekly Buffs.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dark Avengers Heroic was not quite what I had in mind when I saw TBA... Oh well.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]*(07/11/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Story & Versus events & Weekly Buffs.
    A suggestion David: If there is another time that an unknown event needs to be listed, use "TBD" instead of "TBA". To be announced could imply something that hasn't been run before, which coupled with the 5* preview, made people think there might be a launch story event. To be determined removes that implication.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Well that's a bummer (Heroic). Came here today hoping to see some good news. Oh well.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    A suggestion David: If there is another time that an unknown event needs to be listed, use "TBD" instead of "TBA". To be announced could imply something that hasn't been run before, which coupled with the 5* preview, made people think there might be a launch story event. To be determined removes that implication.

Appreciate the suggestion and I'll keep it in mind. However, the event was already decided, just not yet announced. And it changed. TBA was more accurate than TBD when it was posted. I get your point though that players will make assumptions.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dissapointed with lack of a new content.
    At very least I would welcome a rerun of Antman's/Cho's release event...
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess this means that the new 5* will go straight to tokens? After all, I seem to recall that it was decided a long time ago that no more new characters would be released in Heroic events. And I was so hoping for a boss battle release like Demi did with Cap and IM. Oh well.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    omg.....lmfao at y'all thinking there would be new content.

That makes me sad for everyone AND depressed about the game in general.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got excited as well. And now I am sad, as per usual. Time to skip pve again, as I can't stand fighting those same old dark avengers for the umpteenth time.
  • slarti
    slarti Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Not sure if I misunderstand David's reply - to me it seems they planned an event, but then they finally changed (e.g. as they were not yet ready)....

"David wrote:
    Moore"]
    ZeiramMR wrote:

Appreciate the suggestion and I'll keep it in mind. However, the event was already decided, just not yet announced. And it changed. TBA was more accurate than TBD when it was posted. I get your point though that players will make assumptions.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    slarti wrote:
    Not sure if I misunderstand David's reply - to me it seems they planned an event, but then they finally changed (e.g. as they were not yet ready)....
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    ZeiramMR wrote:

It certainly seems that way, but reading between the lines seems to be a dangerous practice that got us here in the first place.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    Meander wrote:
    slarti wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    ZeiramMR wrote:

It certainly seems that way, but reading between the lines seems to be a dangerous practice that got us here in the first place.
    Tell that to the developers. They are the ones giving us the hints! They want us to guess and guess we will.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dsds wrote:
    Tell that to the developers. They are the ones giving us the hints! They want us to guess and guess we will.

We get hints for stuff, sure - I think the point was "TBA" wasn't intended to be a hint to be guessed at, though. It really did just mean "To be announced."
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another limited roster event. Meh!

Lets see what rubbish they give us to work with this time.
  • Quebbster
    Options

It's on page 1 of this thread...

4* - Cyclops, Kate Bishop, The Thing, Venom
    3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Thor, Vision
    2* - Ares, Magneto
    1* - Black Widow, Juggernaut

Essentials are Nick Fury, 3* Spider-man and 2* Thor. Only thing unknown is who the reinforcements are, but it's a pretty good selection.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

2* - Ares, Magneto

Essentials are Nick Fury, 3* Spider-man and 2* Thor. Only thing unknown is who the reinforcements are, but it's a pretty good selection.
    Cyke will single-handedly wreck this of course, but no way to deal with Bullseye's protect tiles makes sure you'll be taking plenty of damage.

No, Redwing is no counter to the 15 protect tiles BE spams.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

2* - Ares, Magneto

Cyke will single-handedly wreck this of course, but no way to deal with Bullseye's protect tiles makes sure you'll be taking plenty of damage.

Venom with 5 black, -60% to enemy protect tiles
  • Quebbster
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

2* - Ares, Magneto

Venom with 5 black, -60% to enemy protect tiles
    It's a darn shame I don't have more covers for Kate Bishop, she and Venom looks like a darn good combo with either Thing or Cyclops...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this heroic will be so much better than jugs was.