MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2016 Edition *Updated (07/29/16)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    this heroic will be so much better than jugs was.
    "Better than jugs" is a pretty low bar though.
  • GameDemonKing
    Options
    I would love to see when Devil Dino had his clash of the Titans that the reward is a Devil Dino cover
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(07/14/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events & Deadpool's Dailies.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vision with boosted cyke = booo. colossus is a 2 character event. colossus does nothing. vision will be the same way. at least bullseye will contribute.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love to see when Devil Dino had his clash of the Titans that the reward is a Devil Dino cover

I have Dino predicted on October 14th.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817

I forget if Dino gave out only Dino last year, or did he give out LT? Duck only gave out Duck, I could see Dino only giving Dino this time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I forget if Dino gave out only Dino last year, or did he give out LT?
    Dino's reward was an LT.
    And they better keep it at that.
    I don't want to champion him just to get that LT.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(07/18/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events & Weekly Buffs.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is the upcoming boss event alliance or individual effort? My alliance is low in members currently...
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A boss returns for revenge...

Could that be World War Hulk?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    vision with boosted cyke = booo. colossus is a 2 character event. colossus does nothing. vision will be the same way. at least bullseye will contribute.

I had some fun with Colossus throwing 4Cyc up for some huge damage.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

I was tossing Thing up - he comes down and no matter what he's doing a ton of damage.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

That runs a 33% risk of useless sexy butt shot.

I threw Thing all event. Sometimes a board shake, sometimes a stun, always a nuke! icon_twisted.gif

Also tuned Colossus to 355 for a 1-turn return, and hopefully less AI use on Colossus red on my behalf. Worked great!

Actually, the first 4 times I did it, all I got was ****. **** **** **** **** ****. Swapped to Thing because of that, but I think Cyc is better overall for damage as well as defense and ended up going back to him. Couldn't give him up.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    A boss returns for revenge...

Could that be World War Hulk?

No, that's not where the new character hints go. It's a boss battle.

I meant the boss battle will be against World War Hulk. New 5* Hulk, WWH was all about returning for vengeance against the people who shot him into space and killed his wife, and the new Intro screen...
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Another excellent boost list wasted on the off-season. Even worse than normal due to the boss battle too... It will only be in effect for one PvP and one PvE...
  • TxMoose
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Another excellent boost list wasted on the off-season. Even worse than normal due to the boss battle too... It will only be in effect for one PvP and one PvE...
    I completely agree. I got excited when I saw the list:
    4* - Ant-Man, Jean Grey, Thor, X-23
    3* - Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke
    I've been working on finishing all my 3s and this will be the first week I have every boosted 3* champed. I also have 3 of the 4 4*s champed. all for the offseason and boss fight where it won't matter. blegh.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we have more details on the boss battle please? Is it a re-run of Ultron/Galactus/CW or something new? What will the rewards be?
  • TxMoose
    Options
    But nah. I bet its Ultron rehashed.
    hope its better rewards than marvel/vision like last run. don't think its been run since then has it?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Can we have more details on the boss battle please? Is it a re-run of Ultron/Galactus/CW or something new? What will the rewards be?
    I suspect that if they wanted us to know, they would have told us.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hopefully, it's a hulk centred event with 3 covers for red hulk and a 5* banner cover.

If it's cho hulk, this one will be deeply saddened.

Since I asked for a hulk themed event during the civil war run in. This one now requests a guardians run in for april with mantis rewards... pretty please? icon_e_smile.gif
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    It says returns for vengeance not revenge.

That means ghost rider,

and if you look at the rewards for current event he is the 1 slot reward so he will be essential character as well.