Patch Notes - R104 (07/07/16)

Options

Comments

• Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Diarchos wrote:
    I guess the Devs forgot to put in any 3* in the standard tokens when they removed Yelena.

I saved up 64 tokens and got 0-zero 3*

And only 10 2*.

Is this something to open a ticket about?

Feel a bit cheated on this.
    3*s drop at like a 1% rate from standard tokens. 2*s at around 20% I think. There is nothing at all unusual with the distribution you posted.
    After the update I pulled 61 standards and got two 3*s and seven 2*s.
    EDIT: My streak before that was two 3*s in 311 tokens. It was getting pretty bad.

Since March I've pulled 850 tokens and gotten 2*s at 11.88% and 3*s at 2.94%

Thx it feels so much better now icon_e_wink.gif
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sheesh! I wish I had the time to track every token I open
    And I wish I had a 3 color OML and almost all of my 3*s champed. icon_e_wink.gif

There are occasional benefits to working on a computer all day. Not health benefits, but benefits like "access to my google docs after opening a token hoard" which looks a lot more like work than "staring at a game on my phone."

I started tracking when I "joined" the 50 Token Club to make opening standards a little (a very little) more exciting and rewarding. And opening them in big bunches makes it easier to track than trying to track/remember every single token.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are occasional benefits to working on a computer all day. Not health benefits, but benefits like "access to my google docs after opening a token hoard" which looks a lot more like work than "staring at a game on my phone."
    That was my last job icon_e_smile.gif If I could have it back indefinitely, I'd trade my whole roster.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Selling a cover in your Reward Cache no longer sends you to the top of the Reward Cache list.

Instead, it just locks up the game now
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Selling a cover in your Reward Cache no longer sends you to the top of the Reward Cache list.
    How many rewards are in your queue? People are reporting long delays after selling covers if they have a large queue.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I finally figured out why I can't update. I have my game installed through Amazon's app store, but MPQ keeps sending me to the Play store. The Amazon store doesn't have the update available. When would I be able to get this?

Edit: Now it's available.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Leveling characters much faster when using Raise Level button.

WT actual F.

Why not just make it a +1 button? What is the purpose of making us hold it down to charge a level up? This has never made any sense and it now somehow makes even less because you could've actually fixed it but instead you've just MADE IT FASTER.

RNGesus wept...
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Resources Store looks prettier now - although you guys still forgot to move the comma to the right and add an extra 0 at the end on the ISO amounts we get. Maybe next time right? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    The Resources Store looks prettier now - although you guys still forgot to move the comma to the right and add an extra 0 at the end on the ISO amounts we get. Maybe next time right? icon_e_wink.gif

Very nice!
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The locked board bug has gone all the way around. Now it shuffles even before cascade matches resolve. Wth d3?
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So... The pictures for ISO dead drop and treasure box are a joke right? Right?
    I know the women are seriously outnumbered by the men in-game but this kind of phallic symbolism seems a step too far.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:
    New Loading screen! icon_e_smile.gif
    b556c5164ec42b86acbcec50a3fa0311.png
    I demand that this loading screen sticks around at least as long as the one with Cho did. You may change it in December I suppose. Or just slap a Santa hat on Peggy and call it a day.
  • Diarchos
    Diarchos Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    How many rewards are in your queue? People are reporting long delays after selling covers if they have a large queue.

I had 63 and it slowed down after about 6-7 sellings,

went out from the page and back again and it was fast again, a couple of covers later, then slow again icon_e_smile.gif
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Since March I've pulled 850 tokens and gotten 2*s at 11.88% and 3*s at 2.94%

Really? Interesting.....I opened a couple large piles of standards earlier this year, and both times, I pulled 2* at literally twice that rate, and 3*s at literally half that rate.

I wish the devs would post the odds on standards. Why not? Results vary. A LOT.

Hey, maybe I'll hoard standards for a year, open them all, and decide that's an approximation of The Odds.

Nah.

Really liking the queue staying where I left it when selling a cover.

Faster leveling bar is nice. Next time I level a 5* to a soft cap it will be fun to see how much faster it is. I do foresee increased frustration when trying to game 3* and 4* selling points ..... heh.

Don't have the figures to hand but my 3* pull rate from standards are approx as follows...
    2* = 9%
    3* = <2.5%
    4* = 1%

Yeah I know... People dont believe that 4* come from standards but I had one last month so I know they can. What's more odd is my chances of a 4* from standards are almost as Good as my chance of a 3*

Standards actually give me more 4* than heroics (which are heavily skewed in favour of 2*) the rate is only marginally higher (roughly 0.05 Or so) but it's still weird that my 4* pull rate from standards is higher than heroics at all
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Granted I had nearly 150 covers in my queue, but I found that if I was at the bottom selling the ones about to expire the game darn near crashed and it took probably 10 seconds to recover and leave me back in the spot. However if I was selling covers higher up in the queue, maybe 15-20 down from the top, the delay was much shorter, only 1-2 seconds. It made me think that the game is just freezing the screen while it resets to the top and then "automatically" scrolls itself down to where you just were.

All in all it's still better than having to manually scroll all the way back down, but I'm just adding my experiences to hopefully help the devs figure out any issues.
  • TML
    TML Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For me since November 30, 2015, 1,625 standard tokens has yielded...

1* - 86.4%
    2* - 11.7%
    3* - 1.9%

My 3* pull rate has been right near 2% for almost the entire time. Never seen a 4*.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Granted I had nearly 150 covers in my queue, but I found that if I was at the bottom selling the ones about to expire the game darn near crashed and it took probably 10 seconds to recover and leave me back in the spot. However if I was selling covers higher up in the queue, maybe 15-20 down from the top, the delay was much shorter, only 1-2 seconds. It made me think that the game is just freezing the screen while it resets to the top and then "automatically" scrolls itself down to where you just were.

All in all it's still better than having to manually scroll all the way back down, but I'm just adding my experiences to hopefully help the devs figure out any issues.

Same experience except i had 250 covers in queue. Whats worse than selling is rostering, it seems to take even longer. I didnt time but it felt like 45s plus to roster a character at the bottom of my roster.

Now onto leveling. Its actually slower for the first so many levels now then it actually is faster as you move up, maybe after the first 10 or so levels.

It may help to allow us to sort covers by character or * rarity in addition to the default time to expire. Have 3 tabs on the top of the existing page.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    • Banner for downing an enemy no longer appears before the player's power animation plays.

I'm still seeing this bug when finishing a fight using 4* Cyclops' Combined Forces. Haven't tested other tile-targeting powers yet.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okay i scrolled down maybe 100 covers or so in my 221 cover stash. Sold one took 7 seconds, the next, 11 seconds, the 3rd 20 seconds. So ill add to the poster that said it takes longer the more you do and gets faster if you exit out.

Before the changes i noticed scroll speed was buggy like this getting slower as you sold more covers and refreshing on exit and reentry. So perhaps some code can be modified to fix this.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,061 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Figure15 wrote:
    The locked board bug has gone all the way around. Now it shuffles even before cascade matches resolve. Wth d3?

I've seen this once myself. On a column drop 3 greens in a row were falling in and the board reshuffled thinking there was no match to be made. I thought maybe I imagined it but seeing you post the same thing says I didn't.

KGB