Patch Notes - R104 (07/07/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R104

Gamma gamma hey!

What’s New
    - Versus combat with Peggy Carter! - Juggernaut PVE!

What’s Changed
    • VIP mode now underway! Fixed purchase error bug related to VIP mode. • Leveling characters much faster when using Raise Level button. • Selling a cover in your Reward Cache no longer sends you to the top of the Reward Cache list. • Nick Fury no longer has his back turned to the enemy during battle. • Fortified tiles no longer lose Fortification effect when converted to a Countdown tile. • Banner at the beginning of Wave 2 no longer displays Wave 1. • Screen shake animation no longer continues when viewing Options Menu after using Steve Rogers (First Avenger)'s Shield Bash. • Fixed Countdown tile descriptions for Criterion's Shadow Knives & Detonate and Control's Teleneuropathy. • Gameboard no longer sometimes fails to reshuffle when no matches are available. • Incorrect tiles no longer highlighted during the move tile hint sequence. • Yelena Belova has been removed from Standard packs and Prologue. She can still be earned as mission rewards in Versus events. • Fixed PC bug: Iso-8 amounts now update correctly after spending Iso-8 to level a character. • Banner for downing an enemy no longer appears before the player's power animation plays. • Daken (Dark Avengers)'s Healing & Heat now displays its banner correctly.

Comments

• zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FINALLY!!!!!!! A raise level button!

Is the sky falling?

Edit: Haha, jokes on me...its just "faster". Grrrrrrrrrr.........
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Selling a cover in your Reward Cache no longer sends you to the top of the Reward Cache list.

BEST QOL UPGRADE EVER.

(I'm only slightly joking. Selling just the about-to-expire covers from a queue of 50+ is not fun.)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Give us the level up 1 level button devs!

Please, I don't want to post a reminder every month.

Edit : gamma gamma hey

Worst clue ever. Insanely obvious
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Leveling characters much faster when using Raise Level button.
    • Selling a cover in your Reward Cache no longer sends you to the top of the Reward Cache list.
    thank you! if we can't have a +1 button at least it will be faster now. and scrolling through things to sell the ones about to expire was REALLY annoying. lots of positive fixes here. hope it its bug-free.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is a good collection of Quality of Life improvements.

Not sure what to make of the character hint besides someone Hulk-related. Maybe The Leader (the clue sounds like something a cheerleader would say) but unless he is prominent in a comic right now I don't think he is as likely.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gamma gamma hey!

"Gabba Gabba Hey!" is a classic Ramones lyric. Gamma rays are, of course, what makes the Hulk go. Put them together, and there's only one logical conclusion: Following on the excellent reception of Demiurge's first original character, Peggy Carter as Captain America, we're now getting a playable version of Jaded Punk Hulk!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gamma gamma hey!

"Gabba Gabba Hey!" is a classic Ramones lyric. Gamma rays are, of course, what makes the Hulk go. Put them together, and there's only one logical conclusion: Following on the excellent reception of Demiurge's first original character, Peggy Carter as Captain America, we're now getting a playable version of Jaded Punk Hulk!
    that would be....totally awesome!!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't see any fix for From the Ashes not working while stunned
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yelena is gone from standard packs! I wonder how her 67% chance of being picked is being redistributed.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Yelena Belova has been removed from Standard packs and Prologue. She can still be earned as mission rewards in Versus events.

what in the actual...?
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yelena Belova moved to Bagman status. Priceless.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some good updates! Faster Leveling is great! As is.. see ya later, Yelena! And Wave 2 will now be.. wave 2! I like it.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At least this time we won't have to try to figure out who's posting spoilers and who's just a highly confident guesser.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am very happy about this.

*Leveling characters much faster when using Raise Level button.
    Thank you. A time saver.

*Gameboard no longer sometimes fails to reshuffle when no matches are available.
    I hated this bug. This cost quite a few players some points, as they had to retreat during PVP, and were usually hit in the process. This should have been fixed with an emergency patch.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Gamma gamma hey!"
    That one is easy.
    She Hulk letters page
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:

At least this time we won't have to try to figure out who's posting spoilers and who's just a highly confident guesser.

Guess our only speculation would be as to which version of big green we are getting...
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Raise level button = YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
    Selling a cover no longer sends you back to the top = YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Another possible variant = Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    "Gamma gamma hey!"
    That one is easy.
    She Hulk letters page

Yup, saw that myself when I googled gamma gamma hey. First thing that came up was Planet Hulk (with the words "without a She-Hulk" kind of inserted between the words Planet and Hulk). So I guess some sort of Planet Hulk variant of She-Hulk?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gamma gamma hey!

"Gabba Gabba Hey!" is a classic Ramones lyric.

They're from the song 'Pinhead' on the album 'Leave Home.' When does Hulk leave home? Could we be getting a Planet Hulk / World War Hulk version of Hulk in gladiator gear? Or perhaps his son, Skaar?

The lyrics to 'Pinhead' (and the song itself) also reference the movie 'Freaks.' Could be getting the giant, incestuous Hulk from 'Old Man Logan.'

I'd be into a 5-star Grey Hulk, as long as it's not a Joe Fixit version.
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nice patch!
    Yelena - good.
    Raise level - good.