Patch Notes - R104 (07/07/16)

Options

Comments

• We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gamma Gamma hey is a song from Swedish rock band Sator, that's what I got from Google.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Jugernaught PVE should not have an exclamation point it should have a smilie.

This one icon_cry.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So wth the hint of gamma, gamma are we getting another Hulk???? Do we need Teen Hulk, Planet Hulk, Hulk Jr, Hulk 2099?

Hopefully it will be Abomination so it will at least be a villain.

Oh I know it will be Bruce banner and if you kill him or do 1500 damage to him in one go he transforms into the Hulk so you can have 6 powers instead of 3!!!! His release will be the Hulk PVE where you get a 3* Hulk in that one node. We will all be hoping it is 4* but it won't be.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone else hoping it's a 5* Maestro besides me? That's my favorite Hulk version besides Gladiator Hulk or Earth X Hulk with a tiny Bruce Banner riding atop as his eyes.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Gamma gamma hey!
    Aunt May?
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Leveling characters much faster when using Raise Level button.
    • Selling a cover in your Reward Cache no longer sends you to the top of the Reward Cache list.
    Fantastic! A lot of the minor changes we see on patches don't tend to tackle nagging concerns by the playerbase so it's nice to see these two in the notes. Thank you for this.
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Nick Fury no longer has his back turned to the enemy during battle.
    But now he won't look cool when walking away from explosions!
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Yelena Belova has been removed from Standard packs and Prologue. She can still be earned as mission rewards in Versus events.
    I'm curious why this was done (not that I'm complaining)....it couldn't be to round out odds better because new characters are constantly being added to standard tokens.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Obviously it's a typo, and should have said "Yo Gabba Gabba".

It's DJ Lance. Or maybe Dazzler.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone else hoping it's a 5* Maestro besides me? That's my favorite Hulk version besides Gladiator Hulk or Earth X Hulk with a tiny Bruce Banner riding atop as his eyes.

The clues are always for a 4*.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babinro wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Yelena Belova has been removed from Standard packs and Prologue. She can still be earned as mission rewards in Versus events.
    I'm curious why this was done (not that I'm complaining)....it couldn't be to round out odds better because new characters are constantly being added to standard tokens.

I guess what we would need to know is what's happening to the gap left by Yelena. Is her share of the token being distributed amongst the rest of the 1* tier? This would mean that each star tier would still have the same overall chance. Or is her share being used to open up more space for 4* releases?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    "David wrote:

I guess what we would need to know is what's happening to the gap left by Yelena. Is her share of the token being distributed amongst the rest of the 1* tier? This would mean that each star tier would still have the same overall chance. Or is her share being used to open up more space for 4* releases?

Spitballing here, but the drop rate for any given 1* from a standard (character, not specific power) is around 10%. If they were putting a 10% chance of pulling any 4* cover into a standard token, I'd be over the damn moon.

No, I think it's more likely that they're going to rotate in a new 1* character to replace Yelena covers in the prologue and keep the drop rate about the same overall.

OR they're going to tweak the 2* and 3* drop rates in response to veteran complaints that standard tokens in the daily drop aren't worth a miniscule feline.

I don't think this move has anything to do with 4*.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My instinct says (and longs for) Abomination.

Please, not another Hulk just yet? Soooo many variants.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gamma gamma hey!

I want to preface this by saying I hope I am wrong.

When Banner gets hit by the gamma blast (subsequently turning him into the Hulk), what the heck was he doing out there in the desert, on a testing site for experimental bombs? Well, I'm glad you asked. He was saving Rick Jones from being hit by a gamma bomb's explosion.

Now, let's take a trip down old memory lane...

latest?cb=20051124042930

I can't find the page online, but anyone who has the comic knows that, on page two, Bruce Banner grabs Rick Jones, and Rick yells, "HEY! Lay off, four eyes."

Since we are now doing alternate universe characters (Hi, PegCap), this is possible.

Also, if we are staying in the 616 universe, Rick also says, "HEY!" when Banner grabs him - seen here:

gamma-bomb.jpg

However, Rick doesn't turn into the Hulk, because he isn't hit by the blast. Until...

4654818-2.png

He becomes this stupid character: Blue Hulk (A-Bomb).

One of those is our next Hulk.

Or, you know, World War Hulk like everyone wants (sorta).

Free Sinister, please, for the love of god.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Holy ****, how could I forget A-Bomb?!

Now I gotta go binge Agents of S.M.A.S.H
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaentom wrote:

The clues are always for a 4*.

"out of the blue"
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So new She-Hulk variant?
    My guess would be Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross) icon_cool.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Yelena Belova moved to Bagman status. Priceless.

We can do this for a character in every tier! Rags for 3*, Chulk for 4* and SS for 5*
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am itching for Hulk: Herald of Galactus, not only is he awesome and shiny, but should give a bonus when used w/ SS if they do it right!

Probably WW Hulk to go with Ragnarok movie though.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have the Yelena covers in prologue been replaced with Spider-man covers?
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Yelena Belova moved to Bagman status. Priceless.

We can do this for a character in every tier! Rags for 3*, Chulk for 4* and SS for 5*
    I, for one, would like the chance to get a 5star, even if it's Surfer, as a random prize after each PVP battle.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Probably WW Hulk to go with Ragnarok movie though.

The one coming out in 2017?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe a non hulk hulk?

Bruce Banner?

I think we are due for a 5* no?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Edit : gamma gamma hey

Worst clue ever. Insanely obvious
    At least this time we won't have to try to figure out who's posting spoilers and who's just a highly confident guesser.
    What, obtuse posts with 20 upvotes isn't clear enough? icon_evil.gif