**** Peggy Carter (Captain America) ****

Options

Comments

• ghostrobot
    Options
    Considering the description, with Peggy being from an alternate world where Rogers is dead, that would seem to indicate being exclusive of Rogers ... Ice explainer for Cho and Banner being exclusive was Cho was from an alt universe in which Banner was dead.

BUT, she's also noted as being Team Cap ... like she's been retconned into Civil War somehow ... a WWII era character being retconned into a 21st-century storyline? Did she also fall into ice and wake up decades later?

I certainly hope they can be played together.

So exclusive of Rogers or alt of Rogers or new time-traveling, continuity-hopping ally of Rogers? Find out later this week ... As The Releases Drop!

Yes! So many questions. Would it be 1940's Peggy waking up in the modern world? An origin comic could be awesome.
  • goozen
    goozen Posts: 16
    Options
    Is it just me or is this hero horribly broken? The AP increase has an increased effect on spammy abilities this means that cascading against you or facing bosses is made much, much easier. If you combo her with hood and a good prot generator you can outlast almost everything.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Anybody wondering if galactus is going to be immune to her power or did she just become part of the anti-galactus tier, if it gets upgraded to 3 ap then galactus will never get his on hit kill move off therfore allowing you to kill him while just worrying about the damage from him destroying cosmic tiles. Take that galactus, scared of the mighty Peggy Carter icon_lol.gif
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Geno, please. It'd be more entertaining to see that they never considered that conflict, delete it! icon_e_wink.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ludaa wrote:
    Geno, please. It'd be more entertaining to see that they never considered that conflict, delete it! icon_e_wink.gif
    Nah, they'll just reduce it to 24/26 ap, making it that much harder for every other team
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    The character equivalent of the game jumping the shark. Now we have devs inserting their own fan fiction in it, does Mattel own them or is toy guru their secret boss.

I think it's awesome. Minus the tie, the entire character is quality. It's better than what marvel is creating these days, actually.

Nah. It's pretty much on par with what Marvel is doing these days. Spider-Gwen or X-23 Wolverine. Same thing. This might be slightly dumber, because they thought a Brit should be Captain America.

I'm disappointed we didn't get the Agent Carter version. Hayley Atwell was charming as hell in that show.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    The character equivalent of the game jumping the shark. Now we have devs inserting their own fan fiction in it, does Mattel own them or is toy guru their secret boss.

I think it's awesome. Minus the tie, the entire character is quality. It's better than what marvel is creating these days, actually.

Nah. It's pretty much on par with what Marvel is doing these days. Spider-Gwen or X-23 Wolverine. Same thing. This might be slightly dumber, because they thought a Brit should be Captain America.

I'm disappointed we didn't get the Agent Carter version. Hayley Atwell was charming as hell in that show.
    She's only a Brit in the MCU. In the comics, she's American.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    geno685 wrote:
    Anybody wondering if galactus is going to be immune to her power or did she just become part of the anti-galactus tier, if it gets upgraded to 3 ap then galactus will never get his on hit kill move off therfore allowing you to kill him while just worrying about the damage from him destroying cosmic tiles. Take that galactus, scared of the mighty Peggy Carter icon_lol.gif

Have we still not learned not to post stuff like this?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Starsaber wrote:

She's not a brunette in the comics.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy wrote:

I like as an alternate universe character, but I can think of a hundred characters we could have had rather this, even ones Cap related.

Give me Red Skull or Modok over a fan drawing anyday.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Starsaber wrote:

She's not a brunette in the comics.

She's not Captain America in the comics. Why are we arguing again? icon_cool.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of the Agent Carter show, and I am unbelievably pumped to get (any) Peggy Carter in game! And she's super kick ****! Only way this could get any cooler is if we also got America Chavez in game. (and Hellcat...)
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe we could get Luis from Antman as as Goliath.

Though really, I'm guessing Mary Jane as Iron Man or Pepper in her Rescue armor.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    goozen wrote:
    Is it just me or is this hero horribly broken? The AP increase has an increased effect on spammy abilities this means that cascading against you or facing bosses is made much, much easier. If you combo her with hood and a good prot generator you can outlast almost everything.

I don't follow, why are those scenarios much easier.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Keegan wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    One thing I noticed, there is no issue number on the cover, has anyone ever seen this comic before?

There isn't one because it's not a real comic. It's exclusive to the game, notice the credits for Marvel Puzzle Quest. They made up a character just for this game.

Thought that was probably the case as I couldn't track down anything, not even an issue of 'what if?' with this premise in it.

Have to say it is a fairly disappointing addition, not because of the design or character being poor as they are good, but simply because there are still so many characters that are very popular and still not in the game. Not to mention that the most useful power at one cover is yet again not the t100 prize. icon_e_sad.gif

Could have used this cover and dropped captain America. Peggy carter agent/founder of shield would have been awesome.

http://marvel.com/images/gallery/issue/ ... #0-1004375
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since Peggy is already available in game (and we still don't have an official update), I managed to get her full stats. If anyone is interested, here they are:
    Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    note: she can be teamed up with both FalCap and Steve
    health at lvl 270: 14956
    Ultimate Soldier (9AP)
    Lvl 70:
    1. 806 damage to target (ignoring protect tiles)
    2. 1136 dmg
    3. 1475 dmg
    4. 2136 dmg
    5. 3466 dmg
    Lvl 270:
    3. 2873 dmg
    4. 4161 dmg
    5. 6751 dmg

Legendary Presence (passive)
    1. When Peggy's health > 50%, all enemy powers cost 2AP more
    2. 40%, 2AP
    3. 40%, 3AP
    4. 30%, 3AP
    5. 30%, 4AP (!!!)

Do as Peggy Says (11AP)
    Lvl 70:
    1. Stun all enemies but target for 3 turns, place one 3-turn blue countdown (dealing 102 dmg) for each active ally (note: that includes also her, so max 3 countdowns)
    2. 167 dmg per countdown
    3. 482 dmg
    4. 1113 dmg
    5. 2726 dmg
    Lvl 270:
    3. 936 dmg per countdown
    4. 2160 dmg
    5. 5292 dmg
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Since Peggy is already available in game (and we still don't have an official update), I managed to get her full stats. If anyone is interested, here they are:
    Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    note: she can be teamed up with both FalCap and Steve
    health at lvl 270: 14956
    Ultimate Soldier (9AP)
    Lvl 70:
    1. 806 damage to target (ignoring protect tiles)
    2. 1136 dmg
    3. 1475 dmg
    4. 2136 dmg
    5. 3466 dmg
    Lvl 270:
    3. 2873 dmg
    4. 4161 dmg
    5. 6751 dmg

Legendary Presence (passive)
    1. When Peggy's health > 50%, all enemy powers cost 2AP more
    2. 40%, 2AP
    3. 40%, 3AP
    4. 30%, 3AP
    5. 30%, 4AP (!!!)

Do as Peggy Says (11AP)
    Lvl 70:
    1. Stun all enemies but target for 3 turns, place one 3-turn blue countdown (dealing 102 dmg) for each active ally (note: that includes also her, so max 3 countdowns)
    2. 167 dmg per countdown
    3. 482 dmg
    4. 1113 dmg
    5. 2726 dmg
    Lvl 270:
    3. 936 dmg per countdown
    4. 2160 dmg
    5. 5292 dmg

These stats seem pretty amazing at my first glance. That passive is a game changer at five covers. Too bad I'll probably never get enough covers to actually play with her icon_e_confused.gif
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's absolutely no way that yellow stays in the game without a nerf.

Adding 4 AP to all enemy skills on a character with great health is so beyond reasonable that I have no idea how this could have made it through testing.

To even try and justify this skill she should have Xavier levels of health and even then the 4AP would really need to be reduced to 3AP. I think most of us expected the skill to stay at 2 AP all the way through and that would have felt powerful enough to make her top tier.

I really hope the devs tested this well because you'll have a LOT of angry players when this gets nerfed after people spend hundreds in buy clubs on CP.
  • Orangecrush
    Orangecrush Posts: 119
    Options
    If those yellow stats are correct, they need to change her ASAP. That is at least 2 times worse than 4* Thor or xfoce wolvie ever were. That yellow makes her better than some 5* toons. Matches against her will take way too long.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Where is the confirmation that her yellow increases enemy costs by 4ap?

If true, I partly agree with babinro. This power is wildly out out of proportion with other 4* powers.

But I don't know that is more OP than some other features that have been introduced in the past without killing the game (c.f. OML).

Overall this would be another bad sign; Demiurge is no longer just dabbling with power creep, they are plunging right into the deep end of the power creep pool. Getting harder to see this as anything but a cynical play to keep whales whaling for their 35th 4* (and beyond).