**** Peggy Carter (Captain America) ****

Options

Comments

• Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whoa, so only 10% health at max to increase ap cost.

A shame that the TV series is cancelled tho. So much for synergy.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh good, we have apparently now run out of all available characters to be introduced into the game or at least that seems like the only logical reason we get for another alternate universe version of a character that is already more than provided for in this game. icon_e_sad.gif

The powers look more than decent, but the choice of character is terrible.
  • Crowl
    Options
    One thing I noticed, there is no issue number on the cover, has anyone ever seen this comic before?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well Wolvie is no longer the character with the most variations (not counting Daken)

2* - Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    3* - Wolverine (Patch)
    4* - Wolverine (X-Force)
    4* - X-23 (All-New Wolverine)
    5* - Wolverine (Old Man Logan)

2* - Steve Rogers (Captain America)
    3* - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)
    4* - Sam Wilson (Captain America)
    4* - Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    5* - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)

The Wolverines have actives in all colours except blue. Whereas all the Caps are purely red/blue/yellow

I would say that if you don't count Daken, you shouldn't count Sam and Peggy. Daken does wear the Wolverine costume, at least, and is called Dark Avengers Wolverine.

Still, that yellow is a game changer.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    One thing I noticed, there is no issue number on the cover, has anyone ever seen this comic before?

There isn't one because it's not a real comic. It's exclusive to the game, notice the credits for Marvel Puzzle Quest. They made up a character just for this game.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

Nope, that cover was made for the game. Amanda Clarke works for Demiurge.

I love that Peggy Carter is in the game though I'm a little eh on her being a Cap variant.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She might actually pair well with Starlord icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not in PvP, but I am wondering about PvE goon nodes. Her yellow combined with his Red would increase costs by 4. If you add Hood as the 3rd member to steal their auto-generated AP they might only be able to get off 1 or 2 CD's for an entire match. Peggy even has the handy stun to use against the Tiatsu's so they don't turn to smoke.

KGB
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    atomzed wrote:

In the last month, I received the black oml cover from daily rewards. At the same time, the latest pve test gave me 5 x23 covers. By your account, I should sell the x23 covers because she is mid tier and max oml immediately.

But my experience is that champing x23 didn't set me back too much. After I champ x23, I only took 2 weeks to soft cap my oml. That didn't set me back too much.

In any case, Vhal it is a good discussion. We can agree to disagree:)

I don't think we are actually disagreeing; I am just not doing a good job explaining myself.

In your specific circumstances, (5 x-23 covers, or adding 15 levels to an OML that was already at 390+) you clearly made the right choice. And discussing a desire for variety of play and how to not quit the game is a matter of personal preference.
    That's kind of beyond the scope of what I was trying to discuss. So I don't see any gaps between your position and mine with respect to those issues.

I am just trying to think through the optimal way to deploy resources to get the most rewards out of the game (assuming a set amount of time spent playing). And it seems to me that once you already have a function group of decent 4* champs, the bar for adding more 4* champs goes up significantly. And with the newer 4*s looking fairly strong, older 4*s that used to make the cut probably don't any more.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The character equivalent of the game jumping the shark. Now we have devs inserting their own fan fiction in it, does Mattel own them or is toy guru their secret boss.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    KGB wrote:
    She might actually pair well with Starlord icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not in PvP, but I am wondering about PvE goon nodes. Her yellow combined with his Red would increase costs by 4. If you add Hood as the 3rd member to steal their auto-generated AP they might only be able to get off 1 or 2 CD's for an entire match. Peggy even has the handy stun to use against the Tiatsu's so they don't turn to smoke.

KGB

I can't think of many circumstances where a need trick like add 4 to the cost of enemy abilities is worth suffering star-lord on your team. Her passive is basically what Star-Lord's abilities should have been. But he will always suck as long as they remain relatively expensive/fragile powers.

In your example, I think it would just be better to bring peggy + JG + Switch/IM40 and just obliterate their CDs before they do any damage.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Also, don't love the tie as part of of the costume. And I am amused by the idea that Captain America is a british officer (at least in the MCU continuity)!
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    The character equivalent of the game jumping the shark. Now we have devs inserting their own fan fiction in it, does Mattel own them or is toy guru their secret boss.

I think it's awesome. Minus the tie, the entire character is quality. It's better than what marvel is creating these days, actually.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can she appear on the same team as Steve Rogers or Fal Cap? Not that I'd want that color overlap. Just curious.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:
    Can she appear on the same team as Steve Rogers or Fal Cap? Not that I'd want that color overlap. Just curious.

No reason she wouldn't be able to. Only case that different people using the same name can't be used is Thoress and the other Thor(s), but that's due to Mjolnir and i think Venom because the symbiote can only be in one place at a time.
  • Crowl
    Options
    Keegan wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

There isn't one because it's not a real comic. It's exclusive to the game, notice the credits for Marvel Puzzle Quest. They made up a character just for this game.

Thought that was probably the case as I couldn't track down anything, not even an issue of 'what if?' with this premise in it.

Have to say it is a fairly disappointing addition, not because of the design or character being poor as they are good, but simply because there are still so many characters that are very popular and still not in the game. Not to mention that the most useful power at one cover is yet again not the t100 prize. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mega ghost wrote:

No reason she wouldn't be able to. Only case that different people using the same name can't be used is Thoress and the other Thor(s), but that's due to Mjolnir and i think Venom because the symbiote can only be in one place at a time.
    Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Chulk can't be in the same team with Hulk and Spider-Gwen can't be in the same team with Spider-Man. Not that we lose much by not having those team compositions available to us icon_lol.gif
  • ghostrobot
    ghostrobot Posts: 6
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Keegan wrote:
    Crowl wrote:

Thought that was probably the case as I couldn't track down anything, not even an issue of 'what if?' with this premise in it.

Have to say it is a fairly disappointing addition, not because of the design or character being poor as they are good, but simply because there are still so many characters that are very popular and still not in the game. Not to mention that the most useful power at one cover is yet again not the t100 prize. icon_e_sad.gif
    If you look at all their other games and promo, Marvel has been doing a huge Cap push for the 75th Anniversary and 4th of July. http://marvel.com/news/group/1070/saluting_captain_america
    Personally, I'm glad we're getting something original, rather than another Steve Rogers. I'll take a badass Peggy over Hydra Cap.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Chulk can't be in the same team with Hulk and Spider-Gwen can't be in the same team with Spider-Man. Not that we lose much by not having those team compositions available to us icon_lol.gif

Spider-Gwen and Spider-Man can be on the same team...you can even through Miles on too if you're crazy.

The historical rule has been as long as the name before the ()'s is different you can use the characters together. So until Cho gets renamed Amadeus Cho (Totally Useless Hulk) he'll never get to play with his hero Banner....or I guess if Banner gets renamed Bruce Banner (The Real Hulk)...or until they rework the game engine I guess.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I continue to not be happy with the pace of new additions, but I LOVE the character.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:

The historical rule has been as long as the name before the ()'s is different you can use the characters together. So until Cho gets renamed Amadeus Cho (Totally Useless Hulk) he'll never get to play with his hero Banner....or I guess if Banner gets renamed Bruce Banner (The Real Hulk)...or until they rework the game engine I guess.

Not a game engine thing ... the AI can use any lineup. And that's not how the devs have (attempted) to explain it here when asked. Arbitrary, case-by-case, hard-coded rules. They did do some name changes when Flaptain dropped, and started following a new convention, to make the exclusions look more consistent. But with enough releases, the current convention will likely break down as well.

Considering the description, with Peggy being from an alternate world where Rogers is dead, that would seem to indicate being exclusive of Rogers ... Ice explainer for Cho and Banner being exclusive was Cho was from an alt universe in which Banner was dead.

BUT, she's also noted as being Team Cap ... like she's been retconned into Civil War somehow ... a WWII era character being retconned into a 21st-century storyline? Did she also fall into ice and wake up decades later?

I certainly hope they can be played together.

So exclusive of Rogers or alt of Rogers or new time-traveling, continuity-hopping ally of Rogers? Find out later this week ... As The Releases Drop!

The AI in most games gets to play by a different set of rules when forming teams...I never claimed it would take a herculean effort to apply those same rules (or lack thereof) to the player just it would likely need to happen.

I can almost guarantee you that it's not a convoluted case by case hard-coded thing...or else we wouldn't have nonsense like Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel).

Also Cho and Banner are the same universe from my understanding. The devs just use the 'logic' that since Cho only got his powers after Banner lost his they never co-existed as "The Hulk"...of course since comics are a quagmire of retcons, time-travel, body-doubles and basically every soap opera trope 'logic' breaks down in a hurry.