**** Peggy Carter (Captain America) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Peggy Carter (Captain America) icon_peggycarter.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 14956 Tile Damage: 74/83/65/13/12/11/4.5x
    Ultimate Soldier - 9 redtile.png AP
    When Captain America has a mission, no one gets in her way. Peggy lands a well-placed blow, ignoring any Protect tiles and dealing 806 damage to the target.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1136 damage. Level 3: Deals 1475 damage. Level 4: Deals 2136 damage. Level 5: Deals 3466 damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 2873 damage. Level 4: Deals 4161 damage. Level 5: Deals 6751 damage.

Legendary Presence - 0 yellowtile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Tales of Captain America’s combat prowess are told far and wide, so when she enters the battle, her enemies panic and falter. While Peggy’s health is greater then 50%, all enemy powers cost 2 AP more.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: While Peggy’s health is greater then 40%, all enemy powers cost 2 AP more. Level 3: While Peggy’s health is greater then 40%, all enemy powers cost 3 AP more. Level 4: While Peggy’s health is greater then 30%, all enemy powers cost 3 AP more. Level 5: While Peggy’s health is greater then 30%, all enemy powers cost 4 AP more.
    Max Level
      Level 3: While Peggy’s health is greater then 40%, all enemy powers cost 3 AP more. Level 4: While Peggy’s health is greater then 30%, all enemy powers cost 3 AP more. Level 5: While Peggy’s health is greater then 30%, all enemy powers cost 4 AP more.

Do as Peggy Says- 11 bluetile.png AP
    Captain America lands a direct hit with her shield, disabling the enemy team and helping her allies get the drop on their target. Stuns all enemies but the target for 3 turns and places one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile (that deals 102 damage) for each active ally.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Disable all enemies but the target for 3 turns and place one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that deals 167 damage for each active ally. Level 3: Disable all enemies but the target for 3 turns and place one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that deals 482 damage for each active ally. Level 4: Disable all enemies but the target for 3 turns and place one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that deals 1113 damage for each active ally. Level 5: Disable all enemies but the target for 3 turns and place one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that deals 2726 damage for each active ally.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Disable all enemies but the target for 3 turns and place one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that deals 936 damage for each active ally. Level 4: Disable all enemies but the target for 3 turns and place one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that deals 2160 damage for each active ally. Level 5: Disable all enemies but the target for 3 turns and place one 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that deals 5292 damage for each active ally.

Comments

• notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      The passive will be really annoying to fight while hopping. The stun is at least targetable, although it is way too costly compared to Iceman, at least in the late game. It will be useless with only one enemy left, but very useful early on. Stun two people and take out the remaining guy on the same turn, and you have three free turns. The red better do good damage, because ignoring protect tiles is pretty much meaningless. Outside of PvE, I can't remember the last time I saw a protect tile besides Luke Cage's, which is negligible except against match damage. Overall, as with all characters, usefulness will depend on final numbers and max level of powers, but seem mid-tier right now.
    • Tiger_Wong
      Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
      Whatever it is, I like it.

That passive is hot.
    • Thanos
      Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
      Those are Captain America's colors, hmmm.... icon_e_wink.gif
    • Smudge
      Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
      Cool! A red/yellow/blue hero! There aren't enough of those!
    • mattonline
      mattonline Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
      edited June 2016
      Red damage that with counter to protect tiles
      Yellow passive dealing with AP
      Stun that creates special tile(s)

4* Captain Marvel
    • kirk justice
      kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
      My guess is Steve Rodgers Captain America to promote his new comic that recently came out.
    • STOPTHIS
      STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
      My guess is Steve Rodgers Captain America to promote his new comic that recently came out.

My thoughts too. Even his red counters Captain Falcon's yellow pretty well.
    • OneLastGambit
      OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
      Also if you take into account his new comic revealed him as a hydra agent the abilities make even more sense...

Ignores protection - hydra MO is to remove protection.

Increases cost - double agents are there to reduce efficiency

The colours don't make too much sense if it is captain hydra but the powers do.

Hope I'm wrong and this will be the only version of cap I don't roster
    • I gotta go with Rogers on this one as well. Especially since the clue was "a hero reimagined".
    • Dayv
      Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
      notamutant wrote:
      The red better do good damage, because ignoring protect tiles is pretty much meaningless. Outside of PvE, I can't remember the last time I saw a protect tile besides Luke Cage's, which is negligible except against match damage.
      Agreed. I find myself wondering how much cheaper 5* Spidey's 14 AP green attack would be if it didn't ignore protect tiles. It would still be a nuke with a random stun, but maybe 11 or 12AP? How much do we pay to bypass a tile that nobody really cares about much?
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      DayvBang wrote:
      notamutant wrote:
      The red better do good damage, because ignoring protect tiles is pretty much meaningless. Outside of PvE, I can't remember the last time I saw a protect tile besides Luke Cage's, which is negligible except against match damage.
      Agreed. I find myself wondering how much cheaper 5* Spidey's 14 AP green attack would be if it didn't ignore protect tiles. It would still be a nuke with a random stun, but maybe 11 or 12AP? How much do we pay to bypass a tile that nobody really cares about much?

This red power should give us a good indication. Without the "bypass protect tiles" it's just pay 9 AP to do X damage. Hulkbuster's Rocket Punch provides a baseline expectation - 630 damage per AP. I would expect this ability to deal less than 5670, unless power creep is being purposefully introduced. That said, let's assume that no power creep happens - a touch over 5.5k is not very much damage in the 4* champ & 5* tiers; I'd sooner bring Hulkbuster and just collect more red or use Strike tiles to go over the top of enemy protects.

Ultimately, I think I would have preferred if the ability were Black, did huge damage and still ignored protect tiles but also generated a decently strong enemy protect tile on each use - the more you use it, the more you have to use it since you're mitigating your own damage from other sources.
    • thisone
      thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
      mattonline wrote:

4* Captain Marvel

Yes, most definitely.

Looks to be a beast of a character. I suspect the red will be a bit underwhelming damage wise, but 3 turn stun on two characters and that passive.. very nice.

Hero reimagined. Ms marvel.. binary.. warbird...captain marvel. Carol has been reimagined plenty.
    • Tiger_Wong
      Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
      Spider-Man?
    • fmftint
      fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
      has some nice pve synergy with KK, should be pretty easy to keep above 50%
    • We_are_Venom
      We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
      thisone wrote:
      mattonline wrote:

4* Captain Marvel

Yes, most definitely.

Looks to be a beast of a character. I suspect the red will be a bit underwhelming damage wise, but 3 turn stun on two characters and that passive.. very nice.

Hero reimagined. Ms marvel.. binary.. warbird...captain marvel. Carol has been reimagined plenty.

Mar-Vell. Not Carol but it's "re-imagined".
    • KGB
      KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
      I wonder if that passive is at 1 cover or at 5? If 1 cover increases by +2, imagine what 5 covers might do? It may be +3 or more in addition to lowering the health requirement!

He/She would be a monster in PvE where the goons can't move tiles. Imagine it increasing Muscle threaten CD from a cost of 3 to 5+ or a Kishu Caltops from 7 to 9+. Even feeder nodes (Wolvie+red feeders in EOTS) will be a lot less deadly if the costs are increased by 2+. This power could single-handedly change PvE.

KGB
    • We_are_Venom
      We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
      I'm going to go with Citizen V because it would be an inspired choice and follow in the footsteps of releasing a semi known character like Moon Knight.
    • halirin
      halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
      Pairs great with star lord!

Also, my guess is Nazi Cap.
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      What is this passive going to ramp up to at 5 covers? Will it be an extra 4AP or will his health need to be above 25% or both. This passive will be really annoying in PVP. Red will be nice in PVE, but you don't see many protect tiles in PVP. Blue again looks really good. the PVE for his release will be a blood bath.
    • Phaentom
      Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
      Re: Patch Notes Preview - R103
      by Phaentom » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Could it be.... Captain America Hydra Agent?

That was my guess when this was first posted, and with the colors being redflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png I'm sticking with Captain Hydra.