Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Eddiemon wrote:
    Vohnkar wrote:
    I broke my shield to give a final push, I've been hitted for around 150 points while shielded. I've been exchanging hits with a player that was retaliating me 3 times in a row, he was getting -10-20 points from me and I was getting 26-32 points from him. On the las retaliate he dropped too many points and it was not worth anymore to retaliate, so I left the node just in case he pushed a little bit.

I skipped all my nodes except that one and I started to get worthy matches again, 25+ points, I've been lucky enough to being hitted only once for 25 points while pushing, and seeing that I catched my top 1 I decided to risk it and did a final fight to get top1 rank. I shielded again and 762 should be enough to do top 10 on my bracket, there are some players still climbing, and I suppose some of the top ones with shields will do a final push at the end of the event. Shame that I have to wake up at 7 and the event finishes at 5 >< (it's 2:30 on here already), but its been the event I enjoyed the most icon_e_smile.gif. I've never had so many points in one PvP event, usually I stop at 400-550 because its too dificult to continue climbing the ranks.

For the player "123456781" if you are around, it's been fun fighting against you, although your punisher was hitting me hard and I had to use some boosts to beat you. Next time do not retaliate again if I'm worth only 10-15 points to you, you lost at least 50-75 points only against me. I didn't retaliate on my last fight before shielding to not down your rating even more.

It's I think a form of logic for some that if you know they will retaliate then you won't attack them again because its not worth the points you get after they take some back in retaliation. Or its a point of honour or something.

Whereas if I am hitting you for 26 and you are retaliating for 11, that is the same as me hitting a 15 point target that I know will not retaliate. I will hit that baby so hard child services will get involved.

If it's advantageous to retaliate then you should always do so. Since generally speaking only one guy comes out ahead in a back and forth deal, the guy who is coming out behind should stop retaliating and that should cut off the chain.

Then again sometimes I get hit by the same guy 5 times anyway, and in that case you might as well retaliate, because you're probably 1 of the 3 guys on his matchup list that's worth anything and you might as well fight back (assuming shield and no other good opponents are available of course)
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I don't usually care too much about getting hit. It's going to happen sooner or later, but it really sucks when you mistimed your shield. icon_e_sad.gif

I thought playing Spidey AND OBW was overkill. I normally run MagNowto with Spidey when I need to be sure. But I'm happy with my 7th and am in no rush to hit people unless the denizens below start clawing their way up to my position.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I don't usually care too much about getting hit. It's going to happen sooner or later, but it really sucks when you mistimed your shield. icon_e_sad.gif

I thought playing Spidey AND OBW was overkill. I normally run MagNowto with Spidey when I need to be sure. But I'm happy with my 7th and am in no rush to hit people unless the denizens below start clawing their way up to my position.

I was running Spidey with OBW and Punisher yesterday. It's just not fair, stun, steal AP, light em up with Frank.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

I'm shielded now. It is overkill but I needed all my health packs for heroic Juggernaut. I don't see being able to get too much more offense out of the roster that wouldn't dip into my health packs so I figure I'll just wimp out with OBW/Spiderman. I'm sure that invited a lot of attacks.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:

I was running Spidey with OBW and Punisher yesterday. It's just not fair, stun, steal AP, light em up with Frank.

I'm running Patch/OBW/Spiderman. That team works fine but you're also inviting people to attack, because everyone can see you have exactly one guy capable of doing damage so it's very easy to handle.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I was running this team, too. It is a bit of overkill, but hey, saves on health packs and I plan on getting as much use out of Spidey as possible before the nerf comes down.

I was also running IM40 (with 4 yellow), GSBW, and Spidey. Now that team I had a lot of fun with. I had a lot of different options depending on what color was most prevalant on the starting board. To get the run of powers going, I could collect yellow, purple, green, blue, even red... it all worked. Didn't work as well when OBW was in the opposing lineup to steal my AP, but that's when I would switch back to Punisher/OBW/Spidey.
  • I ran Punisher + OBW + Spidey and I see now that Spidey is unnecessary. I think I will pair them up with C. Magneto when farming ISO in Shield Training. Not an option here, obviously.

What hero is good as a third with Frank and OBW?
  • Ghast wrote:
    I ran Punisher + OBW + Spidey and I see now that Spidey is unnecessary. I think I will pair them up with C. Magneto when farming ISO in Shield Training. Not an option here, obviously.

Lazy Thor would go well here, and that'd be true even if he's nerfed. Lazy Thor simply benefits a lot from characters who can generate AP, since his playstyle basically goes through a truckload of APs.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    I ran Punisher + OBW + Spidey and I see now that Spidey is unnecessary. I think I will pair them up with C. Magneto when farming ISO in Shield Training. Not an option here, obviously.

Lazy Thor would go well here, and that'd be true even if he's nerfed. Lazy Thor simply benefits a lot from characters who can generate AP, since his playstyle basically goes through a truckload of APs.

And Ares until you can afford Mr T(hor).

I would suggest Hood as a yellow using third, but he's unavailable in this tournament. I generally don't want to fight anyone who has Hood/OBW down. They are soft as melted butter 80% of the time but the other 20% it is a horrible loss. Much prefer to fight a Hulk/Punisher combo because you know what you are getting and can manage them easily.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I'm running Patch/OBW/Spiderman. That team works fine but you're also inviting people to attack, because everyone can see you have exactly one guy capable of doing damage so it's very easy to handle.
    Only one can do damage and all have fairly low HP, but all three are rather annoying to fight against. Especially since one blue match powers 2 spidey stuns. Honestly, patch is the last one I'd target
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Only one can do damage and all have fairly low HP, but all three are rather annoying to fight against. Especially since one blue match powers 2 spidey stuns. Honestly, patch is the last one I'd target

OBW + Spiderman + whoever basically can't threaten unless you have purple and whoever's primary color you have at the same time. If you just have purple they'll stun OBW. If you just have whoever your damage dealer's color they can stun him (or just withstand the damage if it's not serious). It's pretty much an ideal matchup for a team with Spiderman.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Currently sitting at posittion 221 after being on the 6-10. I think i rather take my chances with 3 standard tokens than take that green thor.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

OBW + Spiderman + whoever basically can't threaten unless you have purple and whoever's primary color you have at the same time. If you just have purple they'll stun OBW. If you just have whoever your damage dealer's color they can stun him (or just withstand the damage if it's not serious). It's pretty much an ideal matchup for a team with Spiderman.
    Just match damage escalates when your characters keep going in and out of stun, and the board doesn't line up in a way you can effectively deny colors
  • This is a question to Nemek.

Hi, I want to ask you, would you recommend a 5/5/3 Spider-man, or a 3/5/5?

I had a 5/5/3 Spidey before. But since many recommended 3/5/5, I went for that respec after I got 2 purples.

My personal review is that slowing is quite harder, but you have better damage mitigation.

But honestly, what is your recommendation?
  • I unshielded at the last moment and retaliated against a 25 point target, then hit 2 other 20ish peoples in hopes of climbing the list before anyone could respond. Locked out of it right now, hope this will work.
  • Hmm, only got 250 iso for top spot, rather than 3000 or so expected.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    I finished first, got all my rewards...The ISO I received was only 250 though?? That's clearly a mistake.
  • Did people in 2-5 spot get 250 too, or 3000?
  • Spoit
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    This is a question to Nemek.

Hi, I want to ask you, would you recommend a 5/5/3 Spider-man, or a 3/5/5?

I had a 5/5/3 Spidey before. But since many recommended 3/5/5, I went for that respec after I got 2 purples.

My personal review is that slowing is quite harder, but you have better damage mitigation.

But honestly, what is your recommendation?
    I'm not nemek, but I can't recall a single time where being able to pull off a heal for 1 less yellow match would have saved me.
  • Bacon Pants
    Options
    bughunt wrote:
    Did people in 2-5 spot get 250 too, or 3000?

I'm not sure, I already sent a ticket in.