Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Il Palazzo wrote:
    I can do it a lot if time with 2x 3 hours and an 8 hour but I like to keep a comfy lead so there's no stress at the end so I'll usually overkill a tad for that purpose.

Killing the opposition's morale. It's evil. I like it.

Basically, yup. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just churned out 15-16 matches in an hour for a net gain of 39 points. Woohoo

I think I might've even earned 1000 ISO with all the skipping I had to do.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Psyko just double tapped me

He's a bad person
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Just churned out 15-16 matches in an hour for a net gain of 39 points. Woohoo

That's a sign you should use a shield. I hit 700 points and then figured I should shoot for 800. An hour later I'm still at 700.
  • Yeah, sorry about that. You just showed up in my MMR and you were worth, like 27 points. And then 25. And then 23.

And then 21...
  • Toxicadam wrote:

I did about the same. Broke shield to try to shoot from 825 to 900. Made it to 890 and found a 24 pointer. Came out at 845. Another loss or 2 in there somewhere and I finally managed to shield at 881 right before 3x -41's came in.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:

I did about the same. Broke shield to try to shoot from 825 to 900. Made it to 890 and found a 24 pointer. Came out at 845. Another loss or 2 in there somewhere and I finally managed to shield at 881 right before 3x -41's came in.

I was in this boat last night, I got up to 828. All of my matches were 8 pointers, so I just shielded up and called it a night. I had close to a 200 point lead at the time, it's down to 54. I've risked it before and it usually ends up costing me.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've managed to stay top 10 on my bracket by shielding for 3 hours and playing my retaliates. I was trying to wait to shield up again at 1 am to be able to shield only for 3 hours but I'm being hit hard. I don't understand how is it possible that a lot of people is hitting me for 30+ points but everyone that appears on my nodes is worth 15 points at most. I shielded again because its not worth to hit those roosters and be retaliated for 30 points :S

I think i won't be able to climb past 700 points on my bracket, I've been up and down from 680 to 600 for 2 hours already. I'll see how it goes the next hour, if I'm still being hit hard and noone worth 25+ appears I will shield again and hope 663 points its enough to make top 25. I really need to get some 3* covers to start the transition to 3* heroes.

Right now PvP seems to be a lot of fun compared to the insane lvling PvE events icon_razz.gif, its the second time I'm fighting to get top spots since I started playing.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vohnkar wrote:
    I've managed to stay top 10 on my bracket by shielding for 3 hours and playing my retaliates. I was trying to wait to shield up again at 1 am to be able to shield only for 3 hours but I'm being hit hard. I don't understand how is it possible that a lot of people is hitting me for 30+ points but everyone that appears on my nodes is worth 15 points at most. I shielded again because its not worth to hit those roosters and be retaliated for 30 points :S

I think i won't be able to climb past 700 points on my bracket, I've been up and down from 680 to 600 for 2 hours already. I'll see how it goes the next hour, if I'm still being hit hard and noone worth 25+ appears I will shield again and hope 663 points its enough to make top 25. I really need to get some 3* covers to start the transition to 3* heroes.

Right now PvP seems to be a lot of fun compared to the insane lvling PvE events icon_razz.gif, its the second time I'm fighting to get top spots since I started playing.

Man those Roosters can be c*cks huh?
  • Vohnkar wrote:
    I've managed to stay top 10 on my bracket by shielding for 3 hours and playing my retaliates. I was trying to wait to shield up again at 1 am to be able to shield only for 3 hours but I'm being hit hard. I don't understand how is it possible that a lot of people is hitting me for 30+ points but everyone that appears on my nodes is worth 15 points at most.

The higher your score a fatter target you are. Going by typical leadboards, I'd guess no more than 10% of pvp participants crack 600 points. Most of the ones that do get that high shield when they're done climbing, taking them out of matchmaking. So you've got a relatively small number of players that would be worth equal points for you, and most of that minority are shielded. There's just always going to be more players with less points that can see you when you get that high.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what's the general consensus on alliances so far?

I was going to avoid this tournament, but then Hulk finished and heroic Juggs is boring since I don't have lazyThor. So far I've been doing OK - with a little bit of effort I can probably pick up a yellow cover for Panther.

So that leads me to my point - I should probably be in an alliance, shouldn't I?

Is it worth creating an alliance of 1? Are alliance points cumulative or average or some hybrid? Cumulative seems unfair as the alliance with the a lot of members will generally be able to grind past any alliance with less. I've seen it argued that average isn't fair, if somebody doesn't take part, the entire rest of the team gets pulled down.

Should I be hunting for recruitment?

So many questions.
  • If you want to put in a minimum of effort, search alliances and join one that's almost full. You won't get any good rewards most likely, but you might get the HP if anyone else is playing.

If you want a shot at any decent rewards, you need to check the recruitment forum. For fearless defenders, alliances are optional in the sense that you have the option of shooting yourself in the foot, or joining one
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, it was the HP rewards that really grabbed my attention, rather than the covers (although I'm starting to think blue might actually be BP's best ability).

Time to get recruited then.
  • Got distracted and missed my shield expiring by >5 minutes.
    Got semi lucky that I only was attacked twice. A -45 and a +21 so damage done wasn't bad. I did a 20 point match to nearly balance out and tossed on a final 3 hour.
  • Never really used shields before until this event, but it seems to really be worth the hero points. Got up to 700+ at one point, but decided to wait until the 3 hour mark and dropped to 636. Shields will just keep me safe and hopefully at top ten for the rest of it.
  • So annoyed I just lost 2 matches in a row by lucky cascades by the AI. I cannot fathom as to how they went from almost zero AP to one Lightning Storm basically giving them unlimited AP the rest of the match. I hate using Spidey, I really do... But the never ending cascades by the AI is so frustrating.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

That's a sign you should use a shield. I hit 700 points and then figured I should shoot for 800. An hour later I'm still at 700.

Did you ever bother shielding? I have you in my sights wiggling your luscious 21 points in my direction...
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I broke my shield to give a final push, I've been hitted for around 150 points while shielded. I've been exchanging hits with a player that was retaliating me 3 times in a row, he was getting -10-20 points from me and I was getting 26-32 points from him. On the las retaliate he dropped too many points and it was not worth anymore to retaliate, so I left the node just in case he pushed a little bit.

I skipped all my nodes except that one and I started to get worthy matches again, 25+ points, I've been lucky enough to being hitted only once for 25 points while pushing, and seeing that I catched my top 1 I decided to risk it and did a final fight to get top1 rank. I shielded again and 762 should be enough to do top 10 on my bracket, there are some players still climbing, and I suppose some of the top ones with shields will do a final push at the end of the event. Shame that I have to wake up at 7 and the event finishes at 5 >< (it's 2:30 on here already), but its been the event I enjoyed the most icon_e_smile.gif. I've never had so many points in one PvP event, usually I stop at 400-550 because its too dificult to continue climbing the ranks.

For the player "123456781" if you are around, it's been fun fighting against you, although your punisher was hitting me hard and I had to use some boosts to beat you. Next time do not retaliate again if I'm worth only 10-15 points to you, you lost at least 50-75 points only against me. I didn't retaliate on my last fight before shielding to not down your rating even more.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Did you ever bother shielding? I have you in my sights wiggling your luscious 21 points in my direction...

I shielded at a bad time, was like 6h 45 minutes left when I did a 3 hour shield so couldn't really do anything fancy. The first time I shielded I didn't pay attention to the time left and then I spent an hour getting back to the score I originally had. I put a pretty weak team because of Heroic Juggernaut I can't use a team that has any possibility of getting downed due to the need for health packs for that event.

I don't usually care too much about getting hit. It's going to happen sooner or later, but it really sucks when you mistimed your shield. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vohnkar wrote:
    I broke my shield to give a final push, I've been hitted for around 150 points while shielded. I've been exchanging hits with a player that was retaliating me 3 times in a row, he was getting -10-20 points from me and I was getting 26-32 points from him. On the las retaliate he dropped too many points and it was not worth anymore to retaliate, so I left the node just in case he pushed a little bit.

I skipped all my nodes except that one and I started to get worthy matches again, 25+ points, I've been lucky enough to being hitted only once for 25 points while pushing, and seeing that I catched my top 1 I decided to risk it and did a final fight to get top1 rank. I shielded again and 762 should be enough to do top 10 on my bracket, there are some players still climbing, and I suppose some of the top ones with shields will do a final push at the end of the event. Shame that I have to wake up at 7 and the event finishes at 5 >< (it's 2:30 on here already), but its been the event I enjoyed the most icon_e_smile.gif. I've never had so many points in one PvP event, usually I stop at 400-550 because its too dificult to continue climbing the ranks.

For the player "123456781" if you are around, it's been fun fighting against you, although your punisher was hitting me hard and I had to use some boosts to beat you. Next time do not retaliate again if I'm worth only 10-15 points to you, you lost at least 50-75 points only against me. I didn't retaliate on my last fight before shielding to not down your rating even more.

It's I think a form of logic for some that if you know they will retaliate then you won't attack them again because its not worth the points you get after they take some back in retaliation. Or its a point of honour or something.

Whereas if I am hitting you for 26 and you are retaliating for 11, that is the same as me hitting a 15 point target that I know will not retaliate. I will hit that baby so hard child services will get involved.