Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    on a completely unrelated note - had to adblock your sig Emeryt... damn big and annoying tbh
  • morgh wrote:
    on a completely unrelated note - had to adblock your sig Emeryt... damn big and annoying tbh
    Ok, np icon_e_smile.gif I'll just changed it to the generic one.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    morgh wrote:

FWIW, the other one was really cool. It did take up a ton of space though. Still pretty damn sweet as it is now, too!
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is probably a stupid question, but I'm not a big comic book guy--why is Magneto in the Fearless Defenders event? I always thought he was an X-Men villain.
  • Am I in an easy bracket or are people feeling non-competetive because reduced rewards in top 5 and no incentive to hit 500 anymore?

I guess they thought by lowering the high end rewards, more people would try to get them. But as of right now, 400 points is good enough for top 10, which is the most sensible goal.

P.s. I'm in Bugpops bracket.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    morgh wrote:

FWIW, the other one was really cool. It did take up a ton of space though. Still pretty damn sweet as it is now, too!
    Thank You icon_redface.gif

The other one was a miniature of myself, which was sculpted by a friend of mine. I like showing it everywhere I can, for obvious reasons lol. You can check it out here http://www.coolminiornot.com/276125
    vudu3 wrote:
    This is probably a stupid question, but I'm not a big comic book guy--why is Magneto in the Fearless Defenders event? I always thought he was an X-Men villain.
    I'm not into Marvel NOW! much (only Thunderbolts, Hawkeye and Punisher), but AFAIK he
    lost some of his magnetic powers and is now helping the X-Men or he's one of the members of X-Men now.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

He swaps sides more often than a spinning coin.

From a comic point of view, marvel Now Magneto is best classed as 'currently not a threat to humanity unless he gets bored'. He's working with Cyclops in the outside the law mutant school.

For the purposes of our story, Magneto was working with Osborne until the Psylocke event where we were destroying all the labs. In that we found out that he had been a part of the Cabal and had been a little bit mind wiped by Doom. He's a bit snippy about that so he's now on the side of the angels.

Presumable C Magneto is either the variant who worked with the cabal or the next iteration of Magneto when he turns on us again in a couple of weeks.
  • They need to make a top 10 reward tier for Alliances. Even if its only 50 extra HP. Seems pretty silly to get the same prize when you are in 2nd or 49th.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    They need to make a top 10 reward tier for Alliances. Even if its only 50 extra HP. Seems pretty silly to get the same prize when you are in 2nd or 49th.

I think their problem would be that that might be squeezing too much money for alliance positions in one hit. At the moment you don't need a 20 player Alliance to get the non-first place reward.

But I anticipate it down the track.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for shielding up, Jozier - saw that and used you for my final push over 1100.
    Sheesh, what a pain. Never again.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Thanks for shielding up, Jozier - saw that and used you for my final push over 1100.
    Sheesh, what a pain. Never again.

Glad you were able to benefit. I ran out of time to play this morning so only got a few matches in. I'll have to unshield later and get lucky.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    They need to make a top 10 reward tier for Alliances. Even if its only 50 extra HP. Seems pretty silly to get the same prize when you are in 2nd or 49th.

I think their problem would be that that might be squeezing too much money for alliance positions in one hit. At the moment you don't need a 20 player Alliance to get the non-first place reward.

But I anticipate it down the track.

Yeah, I also think they're getting people used to the idea of alliances first before they tweak the rewards later. When the event first started the top alliance reward (or top 2?) was a 4* character rather than increased HP but that changed fairly quickly to the current prizes, so they were tweaking the rewards right up till the start.
  • Sitting in 1st at 740 and 2nd is at 580. Was taking tons of heat so had to shield up for a bit.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some bracket... mine 740 is enough for 3rd spot with 2 first at 940 and 850...
  • morgh wrote:
    Some bracket... mine 740 is enough for 3rd spot with 2 first at 940 and 850...

I am pretty good at picking my start times icon_e_smile.gif. I typically have this kind of lead with 12 hours left in most pvp tourneys. Whenever the people at 500-600 start pushing I'll push to 900-950 and more often than not they just give up.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    Which enemies you can see as actual enemies to fight with has absolutely nothing to do with your bracket at all. It is determined by your MMR (match making ranking). Everytime you win it goes up, everytime you lose it decreases (it's probably elo, all game developers are lazy and use the elo system, you can wikipedia it). If you are at a point where you can only find 141 enemies, it's time to tank your MMR. This is what people refer to as tanking (I'm sure you read it before if you are active in the forums at all). You must win with a weak team that sucks, and then wait a few hours / over night. Hopefully a ton of people attacked you and won and your MMR is back low again so you get beatable enemies. The easiest way to do this is in Lightning Rounds, since they are short and if you join directly at the start, you get level 1-15 enemies regardless of your MMR (since the tournament is empty) which you can easily beat with a **** team.
    Does this really work? If a bunch of people attack me my MMR will drop but so will my score in the event. After that, I'll have a bunch of new matches that I can win available to me but by the time I raise my score to where it was previously won't my MMR be right back to where it was at the start?
  • So, for MMR clarification purposes, is your defense team the last team that won a match or just the last team you place in the "Fight screen" before you enter the match?
  • WesFaram wrote:
    So, for MMR clarification purposes, is your defense team the last team that won a match or just the last team you place in the "Fight screen" before you enter the match?

The last team with which you won a match.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Am I in an easy bracket or are people feeling non-competetive because reduced rewards in top 5 and no incentive to hit 500 anymore?

I guess they thought by lowering the high end rewards, more people would try to get them. But as of right now, 400 points is good enough for top 10, which is the most sensible goal.

P.s. I'm in Bugpops bracket.

I'm rank 9 with 581 points on my bracket, top 1 is with 704. And I'm being hit quite often for a ton of points, so people seems to be active at least on my MMR zone. I'm having some trouble ranking up because either I get lvl 100+ matches or low points ones, so I've stoped playing until tonight to not get too many retaliates. I'm already being hit hard enough. I hope I can jump to the 3 star transition soon to be able ato compete with more teams soon, I need some more spiderman/ironman covers to get at least 1 3* high enough to be a threat tot he 2* teams icon_razz.gif
  • radav
    radav Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This alliance stuff is crazy... but since it's obviously not going away and will probably only become more and more involved. Something just doesn't seem right about having it be purely numbers based but, the other scenarios for scoring would get pretty complicated. Hopefully, this just ends up being something you can use to get some bonus HP and ISO rather then tossing more and more covers into the mix and taking away from the solo rewards. Unfortunately the amount of cash they probably saw from this will influence things in the opposite direction. I guess I'd rather see more of this then Lazy Thor and the sorry 10 pack they're offering. lol If anyone is interested in an active player with a half way decent roster send me a PM.