Fearless Defenders Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Celerity wrote:
    Anyone have experience pushing to 1100-1300 recently? The most I've seen since the shield nerf is maybe 1000, just curious how hard it would be.

I hit 810 and couldn't find a match over 15.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Anyone have experience pushing to 1100-1300 recently? The most I've seen since the shield nerf is maybe 1000, just curious how hard it would be.

I hit 810 and couldn't find a match over 15.

I have been extremely happy always being able to find 15 pointers. Back in the olden days 'twas 5-7 pointers to fill our searches.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am at 1063 ATM, the field is almost entirely 5-7 pointers and any attack on you will cost you 46 points. I was at 1084 at one point, got hit twice and was in the 900s. still painful, but doable if you shield as you go.
  • Clint wrote:
    I am at 1063 ATM, the field is almost entirely 5-7 pointers and any attack on you will cost you 46 points. I was at 1084 at one point, got hit twice and was in the 900s. still painful, but doable if you shield as you go.

Clint you are quite the trooper. I can't help but settle for the 950 and shield. You should save that fight for the next elite tourney. I would say you shouldn't need much patience.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I was running into all 8 pointers earlier, so I shielded at 828. I'm hoping that opponents will at least be in the double digits tomorrow.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Say Jozier, you planning to go for the green Baglady?
    Because I don't particularly want to battle you since I can't play during the final stretch (European timezone).

I'd be nice to know whether I should even bother icon_e_wink.gif
  • Nah. I want my BP covers and if I can I might go for Psylocke. But I'm not particularly attached to IW since I have 5 green already so if I'm nowhere near Psylocke I won't be gunning hard for first place.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Yeah, Psylocke is a secondary goal for me as well - if I can hit 1100 then all the better.
    Good luck to both of us then icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I wish I could find the quote, but I recall one of the devs doubting that people would rush out and max their alliances due to the prohibitive costs. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Of course now is the upcoming kitty storm when they reduce the cost to add extra slots in a few weeks, and of course don't offer any sort of refunds (but seriously, unless they kept meticulous records, it probably would be prohibitively time intensive to track who spent what on slots and try to offer it back in a 'fair' manner)
  • Spoit wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I wish I could find the quote, but I recall one of the devs doubting that people would rush out and max their alliances due to the prohibitive costs. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Of course now is the upcoming kitty storm when they reduce the cost to add extra slots in a few weeks, and of course don't offer any sort of refunds (but seriously, unless they kept meticulous records, it probably would be prohibitively time intensive to track who spent what on slots and try to offer it back in a 'fair' manner)

Actually I'm pretty sure they do keep records of stuff since people can get refunded on accidentally buying tokens, and it's fairly verifiable that soandso did indeed purchase some alliance slots.

If they're interested in the long term value of the game they should offer a refund for alliance roster slots purchases and move the cover rewards out of the alliance rewards (that's obviously the reason why people are joining alliances left and right). You can't just charge a prohibitive cost for alliance roster slots (they even said that themselves) and then immediately offer something that causes people to shell out up to 19500 HP (cost for upgrading slot 15 times).
  • I just looked at the team members of the first place Alliance, "S.H.I.E.L.D." icon_eek.gif It's exactly like reading the forums.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knock3r wrote:
    I just looked at the team members of the first place Alliance, "S.H.I.E.L.D." icon_eek.gif It's exactly like reading the forums.
    Look at the 5 venoms too icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knock3r wrote:
    I just looked at the team members of the first place Alliance, "S.H.I.E.L.D." icon_eek.gif It's exactly like reading the forums.

I'm still waiting for my invite to arrive in the mail.

I just keep hitting refresh but it isn't showing new messages. Maybe I should report a fault.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Sorry Jachdo, Polarity and locked - trying to avoid forumites, but there's absolutely zero high target values in the 800 range :S

Feel free to retaliate, just put up a 3 hour shield icon_e_wink.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Knock3r wrote:

Everyone should start doing their matches tomorrow, so will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I wound up popping a shield at exactly 1100, pretty grueling to get to 1100 on this one.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    Aren't they S.H.I.E.L.D , not S.H.I.E.L.D. ?
  • I shielded at 908, but something weird happened. Got attacked twice, once was a retal from a 500 pointer. When I was at about 620 I got attacked by someone who was apparently at 1320 for -20. What part of that makes sense. And to boot, did not get a retaliation available for them. Now as I was confused and looking for a retaliation that didn't exist, I don't even know if I actually lost points from that fight. That's what I get for playing at 5 in the morning I guess. Sleep time.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So excited to have reached 300 and I get a Heroic Token.

Bag-man.

I thought this wasn't possible. Apparently it is.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    So excited to have reached 300 and I get a Heroic Token.

Bag-man.

I thought this wasn't possible. Apparently it is.
    Hey, I was able to finish my BagMan no later than last week. Finally I have all the covers!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay!

One day when I have roster space, maybe me too...