Who plans to buy into VIP when it goes live?

1235»

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Polares wrote:
    PS: Should we create another thread with a poll? Renew yes or renew no?

Yes, please!!!!!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    PS: Should we create another thread with a poll? Renew yes or renew no?

Yes, please!!!!!

I came here to see if it existed, I'm on last day and was debating about it.

Then figured I didn't need to follow the crowd, and already decided not to renew. Two LT's are nice, but that's really all that is in there....I still think either VIP rewards should be more or VIP cost should be less (or VIP rewards should increase each time you buy, like daily drop slowly does!)
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Debating renewal as well. The HP is meh, but it did get me a roster slot (I'm 2 star transitioning).

If this were $5, I'd call it a no-brainer and auto renew. At $10...it's not like I can't afford it. It's more like I don't want to afford it. No purchase in this game lets you come away feeling good. Is this not an issue to the Devs?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I decided to do a one and done with the VIP and so far it's been okay - not exactly inspiring, but 2 legendary tokens for $10 isn't too bad. As others have echoed, having it simply be 2x ISO-8 with 2 legendary tokens and no additional benefits would have likely earned a lot more VIP purchases - nobody buys ISO at the insanely paltry ROI, do they? Surely not!
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Same here, one and done. Not renewing. It's $14.99 per month here in Australia. Too pricey for what it offers.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I'll renew. For $10, I support the game and no longer feel tempted to purchase the pricey options meant for bigger whales. 2 Legendary tokens alone make it a no-brainier for me. Particulaly since I don't hit 1300 in PvP and I only have the time to grind top PvE progression on weekends.

I just wish VIP gave your Alliance-mates a gift like every other purchase. I like rewarding my mates.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    I decided to do a one and done with the VIP and so far it's been okay - not exactly inspiring, but 2 legendary tokens for $10 isn't too bad. As others have echoed, having it simply be 2x ISO-8 with 2 legendary tokens and no additional benefits would have likely earned a lot more VIP purchases - nobody buys ISO at the insanely paltry ROI, do they? Surely not!

I would love to know some numbers about iso direct buy. I have been playing the game for about 2 years now, and northernpolarity's excellent (if woefully outdated) guide highlighted what a bad value iso was then. That was in a 3* meta when maxing a new release cost less than 250k iso and whaling a top tier new release cost the 'paltry' sum of $60 (if you bought a stark salary).

Can people still be chasing iso down with cash at these outrageous prices? ($100 US gets you
    about 22% of the iso needed to max a single 4*.)

If people do spend a lot on iso, it would go a long way to explaining why Demi has been so reluctant to adjust pricing or even comment on the issue, but I can't imagine that people spend a lot of cash on such a bad value.

At least when Ice stated that roster slots were a big revenue source for demi/d3, that made a lot of sense.

As for VIP, didn't buy it at release, not buying any time soon. at 5 or 10x the iso, it might be tempting.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I found the HP most useful out of all the rewards. Next time I'll just buy HP directly...

This is my inclination as well after a month of VIP. Unfortunately legendary tokens are pretty valueless when you're still finding space for your 3*s, cp is nice but there's not enough, and I don't need the Iso-8 that much. So, yeah, I need the HP more than anything, and I can get HP at a better rate by just purchasing it.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I caved and bought the first month a few days later, so my renewal isn't up yet. My 2 lt were cho and iw, neither of which I have champed. The faster healing has yet to make a difference, and the rest of the rewards are paltry. I'd rather throw my $10 at impulse convenience store purchases. Lesson learned.