Who plans to buy into VIP when it goes live?

Comments

• The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I've signed up to Google Opinion Rewards to see if I can fund VIP.

I'll see how that goes :p
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    The Herald wrote:

I can t find it on the google store. Is it only reserved to Americans?
  • The Herald
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

I'm a UK resident. Only done one that generates money so far, up to 50p :p

Mod Edit: Link removed
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    The Herald wrote:
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

Thank you. Seems to be not available in France...
  • The Herald
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    The Herald wrote:
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    The Herald wrote:

Thank you. Seems to be not available in France...

Booooooooooo! That ain't fair. Sorry icon_e_sad.gif
  • QuietRiot
    QuietRiot Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I find there timing really odd. Maybe if they released a 4* daily DDQ or finally picked on a pve system and stopped running a half dozen tests I'd feel more confident in further purchases...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on day 3 now, and I can confidently say that the rewards are negligible. I've done it because:

* I want to support the devs
    * I have some google survey rewards money

But I would never ever do it because:

* I need the rewards (because they are useless to me)
    * I want to spend my own hard-earned money on this

So I certainly won't be doing it again until a few months from now, whenever I earn another $10 answering questions about if I love using expensive products that I've never heard of and will never use.

Anyone who's on the fence about buying it, just realize that it won't do very much at all to help you. Only do it if you're someone who already spends tons of money on the game (in that case, this is a better value than what you're currently spending on), or if you're someone who just loves spending money in general and has an unlimited bank account, so money is never something you worry about anyway.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I decided to give it a go... I am going to monitor the cover pulls to see how I go

First cover pull 5* Steve Rogers Blue

Which is a problem for me as I ditched my old 5*s to fix scaling... Can't decide whether to slot him in or not (mind you I pulled 2 5* IM's just before this!!)

As an Aussie the "regional equivalent" is 14.99 - which is more than the exchange rate of USD TO AUD... So why we have to pay more needs to be explained - 9.99US converts to around 13.30AUD

And I mean explained in detail or they are going to lose me as a spender.... And I can tell you I have spent!!!

In other words a very disgruntled VIP Here icon_e_surprised.gif

Do I get an additional token or something for paying above market price??
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne wrote:
    I decided to give it a go... I am going to monitor the cover pulls to see how I go

Which is a problem for me as I ditched my old 5*s to fix scaling... Can't decide whether to slot him in or not (mind you I pulled 2 5* IM's just before this!!)
    You have championed 3*s. Stop selling 5*s!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the end the consumer in me couldn't resist it, and I bought it. For me, the LTs are the highlight (are two LTs worth the money?), all the other staff is not good enough to be of relevance but I will monitor and see how it goes.

PS: I hate all of you who got a 5 from the first token, I got a Nova, which is cool, but I want 5s !!!! icon_razz.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 500 and 1000 iso are paltry and pathetic rewards. 500 is even kinda of insulting, this should have been 2500 and 2000.

It should have been worth equal to or slightly more than what we can win daily in the big enchilada.

And at the rate that I've been getting 2s from heroics for the past three months, I wouldn't be duprised if their draw rate haven't gone up.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne wrote:

You have championed 3*s. Stop selling 5*s!

Ditched them prior to champions existing... These are the first I've pulled since then!!
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne wrote:

As an Aussie the "regional equivalent" is 14.99 - which is more than the exchange rate of USD TO AUD... So why we have to pay more needs to be explained - 9.99US converts to around 13.30AUD

And I mean explained in detail or they are going to lose me as a spender.... And I can tell you I have spent!!!

In other words a very disgruntled VIP Here icon_e_surprised.gif

Do I get an additional token or something for paying above market price??

So I have to say.... I am pretty disappointed in the end payouts...

For a PvE player The faster healing is of no real benefit with you are doing 3 clears 8 hours apart...

The token pulls - a shambles - nothing but 2* dark avengers and a human torch... Really frustrating

Will not purchase again unless the current heroic tokens change to a guarantee of at least 3*s
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, after one month of VIP I have to say that the results are worthless.

Iso: All iso helps, but an extra 1000 a day, just some days... Well totally negligible
    Tokens: ...
    HP: Totally negligible
    Regen: Well, this one is beyond negligible. When you need 2h+ to regen, having to wait 1h30min makes no difference. This is the silliest of the rewards.
    CP: Too little too.

So the only thing that mattered (maybe, I still need to open them) is the LTs. The 2 LTs is the only thing that can have any impact.

I don't plan to renew. Quite dissapointed, I hope the number of renewals is very low and then Devs will need to change the rewards...

PS: Should we create another thread with a poll? Renew yes or renew no?
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Agree. The first round got a bonus LT. You won't even get that if you renew.

It really doesn't seem worth it. I'll buy some Pokemon incubators instead.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CFacto wrote:
    Why wouldn't you get that LT again?
    I'm pretty certain you will, cause that's the whole point of the subscription.
  • CFacto
    Bowgentle wrote:
    CFacto wrote:

I got the impression that was an introductory 'sign on' bonus.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CFacto wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    CFacto wrote:

I got the impression that was an introductory 'sign on' bonus.
    They'd need to track who signs up for the first time and who renews.

Having known their coding for 1000 days, they won't have coded that.

So buy VIP - get LT for buying VIP, every time.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found the HP most useful out of all the rewards. Next time I'll just buy HP directly...
  • CFacto
    OJSP wrote:
    To stop the argument.. one of our alliance mates have bought the 2nd VIP, got the token and got 5* Hulk.

I'm glad to be corrected. Thanks