Who plans to buy into VIP when it goes live?

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would be more interested if there was anything actually new about the daily rewards. For example, replace the Moonst... err, Heroic Tokens with a new 3 star/4 star only VIP token, and it would look more attractive to me.

As for the improved 25% healing , blah. I imagine just about everyone would rather have 25% bonus ISO-8 for the month.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    killercool wrote:
    I will wait and see what $9.99 changes in to for Australian dollars first.

I reckon it'll be $15.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    killercool wrote:
    I will wait and see what $9.99 changes in to for Australian dollars first.

It would be $12.99, same with Stark Salary which is USD$99 and AUD$129 for us
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    There should be an additional LT on day 28 to encourage everyone to play everyday and hit the final reward....
    You don't miss rewards if you skip a day. Like the daily resupply, it picks up where it left off when you start playing again.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    There should be an additional LT on day 28 to encourage everyone to play everyday and hit the final reward....
    You don't miss rewards if you skip a day. Like the daily resupply, it picks up where it left off when you start playing again.

But do they reset each month? If so, that's a good reason to play each day.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Just looking at the poll. At first glance, it looks bad because majority of them are no's, but when you look at it more closely, it's not that bad. The majority of people playing the game probably are not spending money or any significant amount of money. So if you consider this point, the poll doesn't seem so bad.

However I don't feel the forum represents the majority of people playing as not everyone comes to the forums.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The saddest thing is that if they took that list of rewards and stuck them in the daily resupply for free, instead of recruit tokens, I'd actually be more likely to spend money on the game than I am now, just out of sheer awe at the lack of grubby fingers trying to pick at my wallet.
  • kewlguirarist
    kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Phaentom wrote:
    Probably the odd month. It is worthwhile occasionally but is a tad disappointing. At least give 1000 HP through the month to afford a roster slot.

It's 700hps not 1,000.

That's why I said it's disappointing. They could have at least given enough for a roster slot.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was excited for this and was looking forward to spending my money on the game in exchange for an increase in my enjoyment of it via more covers, ISO, HP, and CP, but now that I see what it is.... I will sadly have to pass. The price point is fine, but the value is terrible. I'm hoping they greatly improve the program. If they do, they'll have me as a customer, month after month.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a shame too because this just feels rushed and thoughtless. It's a missed opportunity, they could have really added some fun elements. I gave my suggested rewards revisions in a post on the other thread, but one example:
    mega ghost wrote:
    5) Forget Heroic Tokens, six of those will get me six 2-star Dakens or Johnny Storms. In the 75-ish I'd get in a year maybe one or two would be a 4-star cover, 15 to 20 would be 3-stars, and the rest would be 2-stars. Someone can calculate what the actual pull-rates would be, but you get the idea.

The remaining 22 rewards days should be taken up with 22 VIP Vault Tokens. The VIP Vault could be 80 items like any other vault, except there would be no 2-stars, and no boosts or health packs. And you can't buy more tokens with HP or CP. You get your 22 per vault, and you get what you get. Everyone gets the same vault, no variation in prizes.

The top 15 rewards should include a special 5-star token (like a Legendary Token that only pulls 5-stars), four different 4-stars with a cover in each color, 20,000 ISO, and 1,000 HP. The remaining 65 items would all be 3-stars. Heck, maybe even be nice and make the vault a 60 item vault, and increase our odds of getting one of the top 15 prizes.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't say I'm terribly surprised at the results so far here. A lot of us saying the same types of things. I agree with almost all of the criticisms, and a little ashamed I hadn't even considered the "What will the devs/pubs do with all this extra money?" angle. I'm fully ready to play the cynic and say nothing. More new (and generally underwhelming) characters, and maybe a new story or boss event every six months. Whee.
    dsds wrote:
    Just looking at the poll. At first glance, it looks bad because majority of them are no's, but when you look at it more closely, it's not that bad. The majority of people playing the game probably are not spending money or any significant amount of money. So if you consider this point, the poll doesn't seem so bad.

However I don't feel the forum represents the majority of people playing as not everyone comes to the forums.

I wanted to address this in particular because it resonates with me. I wholly agree that the forum regulars are a tiny subset of the overall population of players. I will also fully agree that many probably are not spending, although what a "significant amount" means is a rather malleable term.

But what bears mentioning and is oft-repeated is that the forum population are one thing: devoted. We enjoy(?) and care(?) enough about the game to spend our time continuing to talk about it, and talking about talking about it, and talking about talking about...friggin' MPQ inception. We are the hardcore fans, and could be and/or are the evangelists that bring in the new blood that keeps the game alive. It just makes good sense to at least hear what we have to say....when we're not **** for more rewards, that is. icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    NOPE

only way i would ever buy into VIP

double iso on all events
    VIP only events with very good prizes

and the biggest

maybe do 9.99 a month or lock in a 6 months or 12 months for 4.99
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I was originally just going to do it because well, it's only $10. The more I read your points, I have decided to pass. Many names here are very recognizable to me from either high end play or buying groups and I have to wonder what the future of this game is. This game is beyond boring at the moment and new content is what I need to see before investing (wasting) another dime on this game.

I enjoy the alliance events like Civil War but they aren't run very often. Lighting rounds wold be the easiest thing to change by adding all characters to it and still no changes have been made there in forever. Sadly I have 1 foot out the door and just hoping something will happen that will keep me interested. Ten dollars is not a lot of money but it can also be spent more efficiently somewhere else.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind that those poll numbers are of forum users which probably spend more on the game than average player so over 60% saying no on this forum probably means over 90% of average players saying no if you consider the entire player base.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    No.

Even coming back to this game starting from scratch on mobile, the VIP program seems entirely underwhelming.

Every VIP renewal should come with a slot.
    Every day where there's no ISO reward, double ISO from all other sources.
    Every day where there's no token reward, double tokens from all other sources.
    Every VIP token should be legendary.
    Scrap the health recovery reward; it's poorly thought out. Just give us +5 max health packs.

It's too bad, because I'm in favor of the model.
    Alternately, just make it $4.99. I'd say that's closer to fair.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    how does one use Amazon Coins to purchase IAP for this game?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Install the game from the amazon store, open the game, make a purchase. It should offer to let you use coins if you have enough.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how many that were on the fence, are off it now?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that I see the price - $13.99 Canadian - nope, not a chance. 2 LTs and a bunch of fluff that won't add up to a whole lot just aren't worth that. Slash the price in half or significantly increase the goodies & I'd consider it.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    9.99€ for mideastern Europe is a joke too...