Who plans to buy into VIP when it goes live?

Comments

• AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    No way I pay 9.99 euros for that.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    For what they are offering I might do 20 bucks for the year but they are not offering nearly enough for $10 a month, they need to sweeten the pot a lot more for this to work.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me it would need an iso multiplier, even as low as 1.25, and reduced health pack recharge time.

Give me those 2 things and you can keep the rest
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    If I was still spending money on the game, I would. But I've stopped spending for now.

I'd be happy to start again if the new stuff they're working on is aligned with what I want to see in the game. However, most of the recent developments have gone in the opposite direction.

If we knew what was coming, and it was good, I'd happily spend.
  • I was really hoping the first month would be half off as a special deal or something.
  • billsrule7
    billsrule7 Posts: 46
    Still a little on the fence. I will most likely buy at least the first month and see from there. I too would like more value added to it, especially in terms of ISO and 1 roster slot.

IGN: Foster
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on if the wife let's me. She's got pretty irritated about me whaling a lot the first month and a moderate amount the second month I played. I'm hoping this is an option that let's me support the game without breaking the bank/incurring the wrath of wife, but we'll see.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same as boll here, when I looked at my cumulative bill over the past year, I spent way more than I thought I did, so the idea of giving anymore to the game for this improved daily resupply is a bit iffy right now. Probably will do the first one, but it doesn't sit well with me that they made it so we're paying $10 for a 13 month year.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    To me $10 a month for a LT and a handful of HP, ISO, CP is a good deal. Until I get my 4*s covered enough that I have a good change of duplicate covers from LTs I will continue to do it. (good being bad in this case)

I predict however they end up going to multiple levels of VIP (like other app based games) where you pay the $10 for level 1 then pay another $20 to become a level 2 which gets you another set of rewards then another $20 to get to level 3 and then... etc.
  • Kingofpopcorn
    Kingofpopcorn Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I will definitly try VIP on day one and make my opinion at that moment.

@Bowgentle : how are you now with your 5* pulls ?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Bowgentle : how are you now with your 5* pulls ?
    Rotten.
    I had a streak of 4 OML pulls that got him to 11 covers, but I'm still below 5 % with over 400+ pulls by now.
    3/31 now under the new odds, zero OML.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Putting aside all notions of how good or otherwise this deal is, putting aside all concepts of whether this is a fair price or too much to ask for a subscription...my issue is simply this.
    There isn't enough content outside of new characters being created monthly to justify paying a subscription.

I pay a subscription to Netflix because I get limitless access to TV and movies. I'd pay into Audible to let me listen to audio books that are hundreds of hours long. I'd subscribe to website like Gamespot back in the day because it gave me access to high resolution trailers and some extra insider goodies as well as their regular stream of content.

MPQ provides new content at such a slow pace that I don't know what I'm subscribing to. I guess that's why they call it a "VIP package". It's almost like a loot crate, when I think about it. Only you get the same loot every time =/
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we know they live off of a 13 month calendar, 2 new characters a "month" makes more sense...

I wonder if their payroll department uses the same 28 day monthly pay cycle?
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    As has been written a few times, no new content means no new spending from me. If they aren't making any new content except for new characters (which we know they minimally test out) then what are they spending all this money on? I do like that Civil War didn't crash, but was that because less people got duped into playing or they actually bought some new servers? Also, I know customer service is a joke since 2 different people with the same problem will get treated on the opposite sides of the spectrum so they aren't spending money there. So where will this money go? Is this a last ditch cash grab? Is there new features coming out? As of right now, I am staying put with my f2p play after spending way too much money on a company that doesn't appreciate my spending.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see:
    *More puzzle-like challenges.
    *More NCPs (Sentinels, Dark Elves, Hydra agents, Skrulls, Moloids, etc)
    *A greater variety of PvP events
    *An Alliance tab that had season alliance events that go beyond the current 8 hour refresh formula
    *A single player Story mode that had an on going story with new chapters being added once a quarter.
    *Character Skins (start with 5* characters: Silver Surfer----> Silver Surfer with underpants (Jack Kirby style) and Norrin Radd, OML --> Weapon X and Weapon Omega, Phoenix---> Dark Phoenix and Marvel Girl, etc)
    * Guerrilla events
    and more...

And of course, I would love that 3* Spidey buff <3

But as far as I know, none of that is on the agenda.

I agree with this 110%. VIP should be giving those access to exclusive features. Separate versus events, ongoing story modes and so much more. Yes it may well create a rich get richer environment but at the end of the day people pay to get a boost over the free players. I really hope the income generated by this will go towards actual new content and not just new characters or new story events. Let's he honest the time spent on these things can hardly be keeping a whole team busy 8 hours a day for 2 weeks. If the developers were to give players new game modes such as challenges (win using abilities less than 5 times), survival mode (waves start at level 10 and increase by 10 each clear), new Prologue chapters, and regular smaller alliance based events then this would not only help the ISO shortage but divert players attention from most other shortcomings allowing themselves breathing room to actual fix those shortcomings. As it is I see this as another way to get players to part with money for the least amount of developer effort possible.

I won't ever be purchasing VIP, there are already options in game to buy (overpriced) resources, and as I am 1/103 on 5* pulls from tokens I really don't see how more LT will help me and due to my ever growing collection of 4* I need iso by the millions, not Hero Points
  • If you pay for VIP in clubs or at concerts or various events you get access that standard patrons do not. Special areas, backstage, content otherwise unseen by the masses.

I'll buy VIP for sure. The time I pour into this game, $10/month is a drop in the bucket. But it would go a long ways if the VIP's could have access to even 1 event a week that others didn't have access to, with very juicy rewards just for participation instead of meager daily rewards. I guarantee that the number of VIP memberships would skyrocket as well.

D3 should make me their fun coordinator and see their bottom line soar.

~DW
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    El Satanno wrote:
    We have the details of the new VIP program available...

No, no we don't. We don't have a list of the daily rewards, so we don't have the most critical information on the program.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

No, no we don't. We don't have a list of the daily rewards, so we don't have the most critical information on the program.

Yes, Yes we do.
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello,

Here are the rewards:
    0 Legendary Token
    1 1000 ISO
    2 100 HP
    3 Heroic Token
    4 3 CP
    5 1000 ISO
    6 100 HP
    7 Heroic Token
    8 1000 ISO
    9 500 ISO
    10 100 HP
    11 500 ISO
    12 3 CP
    13 Legendary Token
    14 100 HP
    15 Heroic Token
    16 1000 ISO
    17 500 ISO
    18 100 HP
    19 Heroic Token
    20 3 CP
    21 1000 ISO
    22 100 HP
    23 Heroic Token
    24 1000 ISO
    25 1000 ISO
    26 100 HP
    27 Heroic Token
    28 1500 ISO

The player does not have to login each day one after the other, you can skip a few days and move to the next day. I'm not sure the exact amount of inactive days you skip before coming back to get the next reward though.

Much more is being worked on, this was a system that finished now and will give players who want it a chance for more stuff. We can't wait to share the other things we are working on with you.

icon_greengoblin.png cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png
    Found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45751&start=80
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Slarow wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

We do lol, dont be lazy and search...
    Here are the rewards:
    0 Legendary Token
    1 1000 ISO
    2 100 HP
    3 Heroic Token
    4 3 CP
    5 1000 ISO
    6 100 HP
    7 Heroic Token
    8 1000 ISO
    9 500 ISO
    10 100 HP
    11 500 ISO
    12 3 CP
    13 Legendary Token
    14 100 HP
    15 Heroic Token
    16 1000 ISO
    17 500 ISO
    18 100 HP
    19 Heroic Token
    20 3 CP
    21 1000 ISO
    22 100 HP
    23 Heroic Token
    24 1000 ISO
    25 1000 ISO
    26 100 HP
    27 Heroic Token
    28 1500 ISO
  • There should be an additional LT on day 28 to encourage everyone to play everyday and hit the final reward....

Sheesh....Its borderline ridiculous how many improvements can be made at first glance in every facet without any additional coding at all....Sure you get one again at day 1 after day 28...but really....Let's get creative folks.

D3 should make me their fun coordinator....

~DW