Who plans to buy into VIP when it goes live?

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
We have the details of the new VIP program available and already the torches are burning. I'm curious to see what the reactions are as a nice statistical figure. Simple question, simple answers. And they're not even loaded! Please feel free to opine/expand on your vote, especially you "yes" people out there. Based on the response threads thus far, I'm fairly confident I know how this will play out. Even so, I'm eager to see where it goes.

Personally, I'm unimpressed by the offering and will not be buying in at all. It's almost exactly what was proposed during the poll they ran in-game and I voted "no way" on that, too. I'd need a hell of a lot more Iso and free roster slot(s) on top to even consider shelling out 10 bucks a month. I'd consider paying 5 for the current model.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• kewlguirarist
    kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Probably the odd month. It is worthwhile occasionally but is a tad disappointing. At least give 1000 HP through the month to afford a roster slot.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll buy in at the start and evaluate from there.

More LTs and CPs are always needed.
  • Fratriarch
    Fratriarch Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I can afford it, I love the game most of the time, and I feel like it's decent value.
    I will buy in for the first month, and see how enjoyable it is from then on.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I will wait and see what $9.99 changes in to for Australian dollars first.
  • slarti
    slarti Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I will give it a try for a few months for the LT and to support the devs.

At the same time I clearly expect that the devs use the additional income to develop the game (this has not happened for a long time)... If this is not the case, I might stop again...
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Don't plan until there will be some huge ISO included.

Also I think such VIP package should include 4* cover of your choice as reward on day 28. This would for sure interest me.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    killercool wrote:
    I will wait and see what $9.99 changes in to for Australian dollars first.

I've seen a few people say that it's half the price of a Logan's Loonies, so it'll be $12.50 in Australian Dollarydoos.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have $14 saved up in Google survey credits, so I'll use it to support the game. But I won't buy again until I get more Google survey credits. So only once every few months (I earn about $3/month). I find the prizes themselves to be pretty non-existant. It's basically the same prizes I'm already getting through regular play, given at a tiny trickle. I don't think it will make much of a difference.

I'm sure a ton of people will pay for it though. Millions of players * $10/month * %X of VIPs should come out to millions of additional revenue for the game per month... not bad for the relatively small amount of work required to create this program, and the fact that the prizes won't do all that much to enhance actual progress.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to wait until I get specific details before I make that call, but I'm at the point where a roster spot essentially costs me $9.

some extra CP and tokens each month in place of a tiny part of that HP, eh, I'm not hugely torchforky about that.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    There should be an option for maybe or undecided. I was planning on giving it a shot for a month, but in 5 LTs in the past 2 days, I have pulled red Elektra, yellow Venom, purple Fury, black Pun, and green IW. I could only use the Punisher cover. I've only pulled one 5* with the "improved" rates, and the latest reminder of the luck needed for progress in the game made me less likely to put additional money into it.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am personally on the fence about whether to buy in or not. I want to give the development team my support but I am unimpressed with what VIP offers and the other avenues for spending money in this game I find unreasonable and argue are cost prohibitive for the general player.

Also they haven't generated any new content that appeals to me.

PvP is the same ol' one, two, step.
    LRs have been on cruise control since almost forever. Almost.
    PvE is mostly Dark Avengers pt. MMXVIII
    DDQ is still the best designed game mode. (The 4* one-on-one battles are a personal fave)
    New 4* characters are usually rendered obsolete by the 5* tier
    Gaining 5* covers is almost entirely luck based.

I would love to see:
    *More puzzle-like challenges.
    *More NCPs (Sentinels, Dark Elves, Hydra agents, Skrulls, Moloids, etc)
    *A greater variety of PvP events
    *An Alliance tab that had season alliance events that go beyond the current 8 hour refresh formula
    *A single player Story mode that had an on going story with new chapters being added once a quarter.
    *Character Skins (start with 5* characters: Silver Surfer----> Silver Surfer with underpants (Jack Kirby style) and Norrin Radd, OML --> Weapon X and Weapon Omega, Phoenix---> Dark Phoenix and Marvel Girl, etc)
    * Guerrilla events
    and more...

And of course, I would love that 3* Spidey buff <3

But as far as I know, none of that is on the agenda.

Honestly, I think this "VIP" reward is actually targeted toward newer players. The increased health regeneration and the ISO seems like nonsense to us in the "godly" 5* tier and those in the "demigod" 4* tier but I wouldn't be surprised if it appealed to someone just starting out and would actually offer a meaningful way to accelerate progress. We complain that 700HP isn't enough for a roster slot but newer players aren't facing the 1000HP slot price just yet. Instead of "VIP" they should probably call it "Rookie's Riches" or something more reflective of their target market because these certainly don't feel like "VIP" perks.

I will probably end up playing the wait and see game. I will wait in the hopes that they offer something more substantial either in terms of VIP perks or in terms of game content. At least now if they do add something I really like this will be a cool way to say "thank you" and show my support. icon_e_smile.gif
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    not me. I'm still at the point where I just drew a Drax, and i have to decide if i even want to waste a roster slot on him. I'm not paying $10 for what seems to be a marginal improvement over the daily bonuses.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I doubt it. For half the price in Future Fight, I can get a monthly subscription that generates about 10x the subscription cost in crystals over its 30 days. For about the same price in FF, I can get a daily biometrics package that over the 30 days is enough to take one character from nothing all the way to 6*.

2 LTs and less than one LT worth of CP isn't nearly enough value at that price point. 25% faster health regen? Puh-leeze. So if my 10,000+ HP 3* Thor eats 8K of damage in a match he'll only take 4 hours instead of 5 to heal? Oh be still my beating heart.
  • mpqr7
    I will say this game reeks of stinginess. Even for $10, you barely get any additional prizes. Certainly not worth paying my own money for that, when $10 could buy you a fantastic new game for your cellphone (or even a few good, less expensive games).

As many people have stated, they need 4,000,000 iso just to level up a portion of their roster, and they only make around 10,000 to 30,000 per day, so even doubling the iso still won't be too much iso.

I have a feeling that a few months later, they're going to majorly improve the VIP package, and then all of the early adopters will feel upset that they payed the same price for worse benefits... but such is life.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    I could NOT care less for another money dump feature.

New events please.
    More varied/new PVPs with 4*.
    3* / 4* limited PvE so 5* won't break scalling.
    Bugfixes - fix the LAG!
    etc.

So I voted big fat NO.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Lets look at it as someone with 1100 hours on account:
    - HPs are useless - not enough to buy a slot, pointless to waste them on RNG based covers
    - LTs useless - more and more 4*s are being sold by me because i have many covers that are 5/0-3/0-3, also i m barely able to champ my 3*, seriously dont have millions of ISO to upgade 4*s
    - Tokens are useless - RNG based, dropping mostly 2*s (so 250ISO)
    - CPs - same as LTs
    - ISO - Too low, i can get 10 000 by common playing... 10 000 for 28 days is ridiculous.

Verdict? Compared to other offers, price is fair. Compared to my gains and efforts, VIP is nothing i could call "useful".
    IF VIP contained 50% or double ISO boost for given time (28 days), i would not hesitate.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Probably the odd month. It is worthwhile occasionally but is a tad disappointing. At least give 1000 HP through the month to afford a roster slot.

It's 700hps not 1,000.
  • mpqr7
    It would really seem like a no-brainer to make it give you double-iso. Then people would go nutz for it.

This 25% health regen is complete and utter icon_neutral.gif though... they say it like it's something to get excited about. My powerful characters take 6-7 hours to heal when they die, so that's umm changing it to 5-6 hours instead? And my fast-healing characters heal in 1 hour, so 45 minutes instead? Really makes no difference either way. When enough of my characters have died, that's time for me to take a break.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    if it came with one roster slot (along with the HP, not in replacement of), I would admit to being tempted.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    No.

Ever since 5* tier was announced and we saw the stats on Silver Surfer I stopped financially supporting the game. Despite being extremely lucky with my pulls and competing with top tier 5* players I still disagree with the execution of this tier of play. I'm fundamentally against an RNG token system with no generous fail safe in place for those who are unlucky.

Other problems surround 5* cropped up that I wasn't able to initially predict that only further reinforce my decision to remain free to play since the change. Most notably the fact that all 4 stars are pointless since PvP and now PvE test scaling makes them too weak and too slow to run.

Of course my answer has nothing to do with VIP. As far as the VIP offer is concerned I recognize and admit that it's a good value. People do buy clubs for CP and this is $10.00 for what is essentially 59 CP plus a few added bonuses. That's a win compared to $100.00 for 140 CP buy club. It makes sense that people will buy into VIP and I can't blame them.