**** Moon Knight (Marc Spector) ****

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Well that's a proximate explanation, yes. But it does not explain why the powers behave differently.

My guess is that it actually is a bug, and has more to do with powers with multiple effects firing multiple times, once for each "effect" (ala Chemical Reaction)

You could test this with Chemical Reaction, in fact. If you end a match with the "first" part of Chemical Reaction, does it still consume strike tiles to do extra damage? Or does the match end before that happens?

Already seen that happen my friend. Chemical reaction does indeed still consume the strikes even if the first part of the power downs the opponent.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Already seen that happen my friend. Chemical reaction does indeed still consume the strikes even if the first part of the power downs the opponent.

This is the final opponent, and the match ends?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Just champed Moon Knight to be ready for his buff week. He is a fun character and can hit very hard.
    Now being champed, I find that I re-spec him away from 5/3/5 more often. 
    Why? Well, I already have a few good green/purple users, so speccing MK's purple up to 5 can really make that passive kick. His black is already very good, especially if you can time it to down an enemy. 
    So run him with any R/Y/B user (there's lots), and a G/P active-ability char and this makes for a well rounded team. 
    And by the way, at 5/5/3, once you have just one enemy left his green still hits for 5K+, which is better than some AoE damage to a solo target.

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love my Moon Knight as a damage dealer under normal circumstances, but him being boosted during the 7-day slog known as Prodigal Sun has been a godsend. 13k damage for black? 24k damage for green!? Yes please.

I've been partnering him with IM40 and Peggy for the hard nodes and shredding them apart almost as quickly as the easy nodes. Peggy tanks IM40 completely and Moon Knight fills out their rainbow. With Moon Knight healing himself off black I've only had to use a health pack or two in this whole event so far, for periodic damage against Peggy.

One cast of IM40's recharge is usually enough to fill up Peggy's red & blue and MK's green. I'd stun with Peggy's blue and then usually her red was enough to take down the first opponent, leaving me with control of the board. MK's green is more than enough to take down one of the stunned opponents, next. After that I'd just match black to take down the third, or if I couldn't do that Peggy's blue countdowns would resolve and take the third out for me.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got him Champed thanks to the ISO from raising my SHIELD rank.  I'm thinking of running him at 5/3/5, as the black is a nice healing shot when timed right.  Anyone who has had him longer, and has used him more, have any thoughts about (non IM40/Peggy) teammates?
  • Rick_OShay
    Congrats! MK is a personal favorite. I team him up with many Y-R-B users, 4Cyke, 4Thor, not to mention Peggy as you've requested no to, ha.
    However, Coulson works well since his purple charge & swap can really help build up green for MK more easily. Coulson's yellow comes in handy if you can get the AP, and then you can choose any red-blue user like Ironheart etc. 

A unique pairing is with Mordo, since his blue charges black tiles for MK to gather, then add a yellow-red user as in C4ge or even St4r-Lord to reduce power costs.

Mockingbird plays very well since you may earn a MK power for free due to her passive. Depending on who is stronger, her purple may gain black for MK.

Among 3-stars, there are just so many to choose from. Lots of characters help to build green, Kamala, GSBW, Thor, and even 3Star-Lord (who can be surprisingly good at gaining green for the team).  
    Some people play 3* Fist so that his cheap purple spams black for MK, and leaves a spot open for a Y-R-B user.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vulture would help with firing his insane green.
  • Rick_OShay
    Anon said:

Absolutely right, but, since MK is the new toy he will want to be playing him a lot, and thus wanting to use his own black for true healing. Guessing here, what is your roster status?

• Anon
    edited November 2017
    Anon said:

Absolutely right, but, since MK is the new toy he will want to be playing him a lot, and thus wanting to use his own black for true healing. Guessing here, what is your roster status?

Mine? 22 4* Champed (I have at least 1 cover of all of them). All 3* Champed. Not in 5 land. I have covers, I just don't level them.
  • Rick_OShay
    Oh actually the original poster's roster. But, I certainly know where you are coming from Anon!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 in green is actually overkill a lot of the time (depending on your scaling), 5/5/3 is better in that case.
  • Anon
    Oh actually the original poster's roster. But, I certainly know where you are coming from Anon!
    Lol thought you were asking me. All good!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:

I've got most of the 4-stars champed, and the ones that I don't have champed don't have 13 covers.  I'm leveling up my 12 cover Winter Soldier (2/5/5) now, especially since cover I get from my 3-star Cap in about 10 levels will be #13.

Vulture was the last one I champed prior to Moon Knight, so I'm still toying around with him.  I think Vulture's Green is probably my favorite green ability in 4-star land, with the possible exception of Rulk...but I haven't seen the full power of Moon Knight's yet.  I do know it can hit Invisible characters, and doesn't trigger Thing's Rock Solid either.  I found that out when my team was on the defensive side of things. :(

I could see Cloak and Dagger feeding his Black, and their yellow getting rid of the enemy tiles that Moon Knight might create if I don't put 5 levels in that ability.  That would leave room for a Red/Blue user...which brings us to the Cyclops/Peggy combo.

I don't think I would have thought of Mordo on my own unless they were both boosted...I may have to try that in sim if I can find a non Medusa/Grocket team!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got him Champed thanks to the ISO from raising my SHIELD rank.  I'm thinking of running him at 5/3/5, as the black is a nice healing shot when timed right.  Anyone who has had him longer, and has used him more, have any thoughts about (non IM40/Peggy) teammates?
    Cloak & Dagger. Especially when Moon Knight is boosted - his black is all you'll need. If C&D aren't manufacturing black tiles they'll be making attack tiles; these can get nasty when coupled with Moon Knight's special tiles from his purple (even when his purple is only set at 3). This is a good team when you are looking for a twosome on essential nodes and the other character you have to bring is junk (like a PvE 2-star essential node, for example).

I agree that 5/3/5 is a good default build, but I'll set his green to 3 when using the above team because it's rare I'm matching anything other than black or can gather enough green to ever fire it.

Otherwise, as you've alluded, IM40/Peggy/Moon Knight is awesome. One of my favorite teams. Still relevant in SHIELD sim for offensive climbing. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr. Knight is getting a lot of love right now cover-distribution wise.  PVP and PVE placement/progression rewards. Get them while you can because it’ll probably be awhile before he comes around again!

I should get T5 PVE (3 covers), as well as 2 more from PVE/PVP progression. I’m also in the midst of getting him from daily resuply as well (I got two already,with the last one coming in about a week).

With my 9-cover Moon Knight getting an infusion of 6 covers, I guess Marc is my next champ! (As soon as I get the iso!) 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Can Moonsilver Blades hit invisible heroes, since it's random ? 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    I seem to recall this being the case.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited December 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    Yes, but be careful: An invisible enemy cannot be the final enemy.
    Against Prof X for example, MBlades can hit him when invisible if he has another opponent on his team.
    Strangely, if you down his last ally while PX is invisible, the ability will state that you have no available targets, and will Not fire. 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 said:
    Against Prof X for example, MBlades can hit him when invisible if he has another opponent on his team.
    Strangely, if you down his last ally while PX is invisible, the ability will state that you have no available targets, and will Not fire. 
    Good to know. Thanks :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    Well that sounds like a bug.