**** Moon Knight (Marc Spector) ****

Options

Comments

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Posted the details, will review and make any fixes or answer questions when I can.

Thanks for posting all the stats!
    What's a "reading point"? I suspect you meant breaking icon_e_biggrin.gif . However, I demand you sit down and finish at least 3 chapters of the novel first!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a character that will be very irritating to fight (especially if they ever pair him with green feeder goons).

He won't be especially good on offense. But all hail power creep. With drax, Kate bishop, and this guy we have clearly entered the cyclops/iron fist/Kamala khan phase of the 4* tier.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    This is a character that will be very irritating to fight (especially if they ever pair him with green feeder goons).

He won't be especially good on offense. But all hail power creep. With drax, Kate bishop, and this guy we have clearly entered the cyclops/iron fist/Kamala khan phase of the 4* tier.

Yup.
    That Green is still a little expensive for my tastes, but I think that 5/3/5 might still be the best build because once you get 12 Green you're going to be fronting a tonne of damage. If you've been lucky on your Lunacy roll, chasing Green could mean you've also churned out a bunch of Strike tiles to boost that damage even more.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Posted the details, will review and make any fixes or answer questions when I can.

There's no values posted for the tile strength of the attack and strike tiles for Lunacy

Mawtful wrote:
    Yup.
    That Green is still a little expensive for my tastes, but I think that 5/3/5 might still be the best build because once you get 12 Green you're going to be fronting a tonne of damage. If you've been lucky on your Lunacy roll, chasing Green could mean you've also churned out a bunch of Strike tiles to boost that damage even more.

Depending on the values of the tiles for his passive maxing it might be mandatory because there's one other important thing that's not stated in the power text, and it's the fact that it doesn't say anything about a limit on the amount of tiles that it can make so hello sweet sweet cascades of death with it.

Honestly just seeing that purple can give you 1105 free damage on match when rolled is enticing enough, what the hell strength tiles is he cranking out with a bonus like that at max?

I think black is a mandatory max though, gets rid of downside, hits pretty hard for 9 AP and has a true heal on kill which is why you want it to have the most damage possible. I really don't like his green because it's random target on top of the 12 cost, depending on the purple tile numbers, optimal could even be 5/4/4.
  • Mawtful
    Options
    <snip>
    Depending on the values of the tiles for his passive maxing it might be mandatory because there's one other important thing that's not stated in the power text, and it's the fact that it doesn't say anything about a limit on the amount of tiles that it can make so hello sweet sweet cascades of death with it.

Honestly just seeing that purple can give you 1105 free damage on match when rolled is enticing enough, what the hell strength tiles is he cranking out with a bonus like that at max?

I think black is a mandatory max though, gets rid of downside, hits pretty hard for 9 AP and has a true heal on kill which is why you want it to have the most damage possible. I really don't like his green because it's random target on top of the 12 cost, depending on the purple tile numbers, optimal could even be 5/4/4.

Agreed on all counts. My reason for taking Green to rank 5 is purely a defensive choice. If it gets 12 AP, the AI is going to fire that ability and 12k damage is probably going to cost a health pack, even if you win. To me, that makes MK the sort of threat that can't be ignored, and that's exactly the sort of character I like to have on my team.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm absolutely leaning towards 5/3/5 here too. Black at 5 seems like a given to get rid of the drawback, and green doing 12000 damage means I can probably live with the random aspect. icon_e_smile.gif
    That said, if the attack/strike tile has the same strength as the extra damage dealt by Purple Lunacy I'd probably go with 5/5/3 instead...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    The spirit of Khonshu drives Moon Knight’s thirst for vengeance, pushing Spector to his reading point but keeping him in the fight.

Curse you, malcontent! Now sit down while I lull you to sleep with a sardonic rendition of "Goodnight Moon"!
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    Moon Knight loves to read, I didn't design him :p

Thank you for point it out, i'll fix it
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Lunacy - 0 purpletile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Moon Knight’s psyche has cracked, and he no longer knows who he really is. At the start of a battle,

IF that power changed (once per match)/every 5 / 3 / 2 /1 turn depending of how many covers you have in it it would make this character GOOD instead of IRRELEVANT.

Please buff!
  • Cthulhu
    Options
    fixed the typo and fixed his icon, that was driving me nuts...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    an1979 wrote:
    IF that power changed depending of how many covers you have in it it would make this character GOOD instead of IRRELEVANT.

Please buff!

Yep, that looks like the weak power...so you go 5/3/5 and he'll be just fine.

The only irrelevant part is that you mostly get 4*'s from RNG, and they haven't fixed drop rates or RNG-aspect to cover any 4*'s...and there are so many 4*'s without any reason to use them (no 4* end-game) that once you get a 6-7 cover 5* your 4*'s are worthless, or once you get 4-5 good 4*'s the remaining 4*'s aren't that worthwhile to level either....
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    black: 754 damage/AP
    green: 1073 damage/AP, random enemy. Should be able to hit invisible enemies.

High guaranteed damage black and green, with green doing enough damage to still be useful on 5* teams. They're kind of boring though.

Passive(s) to be determined. The attack tiles would be good with OML/Phoenix. Is the damage a double tap move like 2* BW and Mr. F?
  • Cthulhu
    Options
    I added the numbers I'm seeing in game for the "stronger" black and green created special tiles. I'll add the max level ones as soon as I can.
  • Cthulhu
    Options
    Now fully updated with the max level not championed stats for the generated special tiles for Lunacy power.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Now fully updated with the max level not championed stats for the generated special tiles for Lunacy power.

Thanks. I'm sorry if this was already answered, I didn't see it. Does Moon Knight have to be tanking the color for those passives to activate? That's my assumption, but wanted to make sure.

With green as his weakest color it's going to be tough to get him to be the tank to get those strikes out.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Thanks. I'm sorry if this was already answered, I didn't see it. Does Moon Knight have to be tanking the color for those passives to activate? That's my assumption, but wanted to make sure.

With green as his weakest color it's going to be tough to get him to be the tank to get those strikes out.

OBW's description specifically says when 'she' matches. Moonknight says when 'you' match which I take to mean anyone on your team much like how Daken creates strike tiles when you match Green.

I agree with Ozark that he's going to be deadly when paired with OML/Phoenix. They tank all colors for him. If you go 3/5/5 (OML always uses Black) then if his passive triggers on 'black' matches you get attack tiles to amplify OML's strike tiles, if his passive triggers on 'purple' then purple matches will do 366-678 (hers) + 135-1105 (his) which could be easily be 1500+ per match 3! and if his passive triggers on green you get some extra strike tiles for OML to use (red passive + transformed black) and Phoenix to buff. He also gets to use all the Green unless Phoenix transforms and that happens to be his best damage skill (even if it's randomly applied).

KGB
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    All that randomness makes him less "useful" and more "novelty." Someone to use on the easy nodes when you don't really care about optimal anything.

I can see that you're trying to make someone worse than Racist Stereotype Hulk, but you'll have to do a lot worse than this if you want to catch up to that low bar. icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am actually thinking 3,5,5 for him. His passive is the only garuntee to fire and there are much better blacks in the game. The healing is under 2k at level 5 so that is not thst much. Green does great damage at 12k when at level 5. Too bad by the time I get enough covers I will probably have gotten 2-3 max covered 5* to make him super irrelevant.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    He's an excellent 5* support character. We've been missing an attack tile generator to abuse the massive strikes that are around in the 5* tier, and that passive definitely works with them in any form (turns green into an actual power when used with PHX/attack tiles to abuse OML strikes/5* match damage-esque). That, along with his green doing insane damage for the 4* tier (single-handedly KOing many of the earlier 4*s, as if they didn't have enough reason to be irrelevant) means he's gonna be a real player.

3/5/5 since you're never KOing someone in the current state of the game with his black.
  • Mawtful
    Options
    3/5/5 since you're never KOing someone in the current state of the game with his black.

Rank 5 Green (12881) + Rank 5 Black (6783) = 19664, which will KO any Lv270 4*