**** Moon Knight (Marc Spector) ****

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    3/5/5 since you're never KOing someone in the current state of the game with his black.

Rank 5 Green (12881) + Rank 5 Black (6783) = 19664, which will KO any Lv270 4*
    If you are playing him for his heal 2k is just not that much. If you are going to play him as the only black user it is not bad but from 4* would you rather use punisher, HB, GR, even Drax can do more black damage? In 5* OML and GG. If you figure when the RNG gods let me get 13 covers it will come down to if I really want to level another 4* for the weekly buffs rather than if I feel I have to level him unfortunately
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah his heal is really awful--surprisingly NOT the worst heal in the game (thanks Chulk)--But it should provide some decent extra longevity in long ninja wave missions. Better paired with a tile stealer like Ant-Man. I don't think he's going to be top tier but he SOUNDS fun to play with... I'll let you know 2 years from now when I have a few covers.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Now fully updated with the max level not championed stats for the generated special tiles for Lunacy power.

Thanks. I'm sorry if this was already answered, I didn't see it. Does Moon Knight have to be tanking the color for those passives to activate? That's my assumption, but wanted to make sure.

With green as his weakest color it's going to be tough to get him to be the tank to get those strikes out.

I used him with Punisher who was tougher then moon knight for me and while they were Punisher themed tiles, Moon Knight's match 3 to get the special tile still worked so my answer is no, you don't have to be taking the color as Moon Knight to activate the passive.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since the majority of you will never level this character, the build you will want is 5/3/5.
    His passive will be semi useless most of the time at the low level (Even if Cthulu is correct it is a team match instead of
    Moon Knight matching). I wonder if this will be buggy.
    If you champion/ whale him, you will change to 3/5/5.
    Reasons
    The caliber of players you are playing are going to have characters with 30000 +hit points, and that green will get used.
    That passive will be nice and maybe even useful (randomly)
    Since you are probably using Old Man Logan, obviously you want that black instead.

Flavor ~~ Well at least the dev team thinks I am better than Cho and the Invisible woman, but even I have my doubts.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah Im sure an extra 567 dmg even at low levels for no cost is useless. Are we reading the same thing?
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He hits like a truck, but ugh. All this randomness. Strikes me as much like She-Hulk: game-breaking potential, but can easily end up doing nothing, also.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He hits like a truck, but ugh. All this randomness. Strikes me as much like She-Hulk: game-breaking potential, but can easily end up doing nothing, also.

I wonder why they made him almost game breaking? Maybe because they would rather not have the game broken by a character and then have to go back and nerf him later
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Re: pairing with OML and Phoenix

This is a pretty big mixed bag, mainly due to the randomness of his purple. If it generates attack tiles then you're golden--double dipping on the 5* strike tiles will be great. But if you're generating weak strike tiles for the game it will just mean it's easier to trigger the negative aspects of Phoenix's red without much benefit.

EDIT--fixed a typo
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Added to the Character compendium.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Re: pairing with OML and Phoenix

This is a pretty big mixed bag, mainly due to the randomness of his purple. If it generates attack tiles then you're golden--double dipping on the 5* strike tiles will be great. But if you're generating weak attack tiles for the game it will just mean it's easier to trigger the negative aspects of Phoenix's red without much benefit.

But if you're pairing him with oml then even weak attack tiles will rip enemies to shreds once you use oml black. Thats why I always pair oml with prof x or iron fist in pve for easy wins.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    But if you're pairing him with oml then even weak attack tiles will rip enemies to shreds once you use oml black. Thats why I always pair oml with prof x or iron fist in pve for easy wins.
    You're right--I made a typo in my original post. I meant to say that weak strike tiles will mess up your game when paired with Phoenix--the damage they'll add is negligible but they make it easier to trigger the negative aspects of Psychic Flames.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh. There was one character left and I fired Moonknight's green.

The animation fired.
    The character (Ragnarok) took no damage.

So you're telling me his green is so random that it might not even hit a character?

Boooooooooooooooooo!!
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options

Passive(s) to be determined.... Is the damage a double tap move like 2* BW and Mr. F?

Since I didn't get an answer I tested it myself. Yes, the damage passive (called Marc Spector) double-taps, adding strike tile damage twice.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Passive(s) to be determined.... Is the damage a double tap move like 2* BW and Mr. F?

Since I didn't get an answer I tested it myself. Yes, the damage passive (called Marc Spector) double-taps, adding strike tile damage twice.

That passive has turned out to be a little stronger than I expected; strikes and attack tiles are created on a random basic colour tile & not tied to the same colour (Green/Black respectively) that needs to be matched, so you don't have to cannibalise yourself. And, of course, double tapping is always nice.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tiger Wong wrote:

The animation fired.

So you're telling me his green is so random that it might not even hit a character?

Boooooooooooooooooo!!

Post that in the bug sub-forum, one would hope that cannot possibly be working as intended.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Tiger Wong wrote:

The animation fired.

Boooooooooooooooooo!!

Post that in the bug sub-forum, one would hope that cannot possibly be working as intended.

Yeah this is clearly a bug. I have fired myself green when there was just one enemy left and it worked as intended, it just killed the enemy.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tiger Wong wrote:

The animation fired.

Boooooooooooooooooo!!

Totally agree, i thought it was me or that i was so tired that i didn't see it take any damage. Yes, his green is so random that is attacking people that are already gone. Which if it is a bug, cool fix it along with the rest of the bugs this game has with this update. If it's not a bug, we got another character flaw. - just lovely....
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will Moon Knight's green hit invisible people in the back? From the wording, I assume most things that can hit the backline will bypass invisibility, but I haven't had the opportunity to test.
  • greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is there a reason why there is no pvp event with this character? There was none for Kate Bishop either. I can't enjoy these characters on my sandbox account without the high rate drop.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    greenglove wrote:
    Is there a reason why there is no pvp event with this character? There was none for Kate Bishop either. I can't enjoy these characters on my sandbox account without the high rate drop.
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=45537
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=46332