**** Moon Knight (Marc Spector) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in Character Details
Moon Knight (Marc Spector) icon_moonknight.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 13995 Tile Damage: 11/13/12/74/65/83/4.0x
    Fist of Khonshu - 9 blacktile.png AP
    The spirit of Khonshu drives Moon Knight’s thirst for vengeance, pushing Spector to his breaking point but keeping him in the fight. Deals 1269 damage to the enemy and creates 2 strength 74 black enemy Attack Tiles. If the damage downs an enemy, restores 1019 health to Moon Knight instead.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1621 damage to the enemy and creates 2 strength 74 black enemy Attack tiles. Level 3: Deals 1741 damage to the enemy and creates 2 strength 46 Black enemy Attack tiles. Level 4: Deals 2260 damage to the enemy and creates 1 strength 46 Black enemy Attack tiles. Level 5: Deals 3482 damage to the enemy. No longer creates enemy Attack tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 3392 damage to the enemy and creates 2 strength 90 black enemy Attack tiles, if enemy is killed with this attack Moon Knight is healed for 1984 health instead. Level 4: Deals 4403 damage to the enemy and creates 1 strength 90 black enemy Attack tiles, if enemy is killed with this attack Moon Knight is healed for 1984 health instead. Level 5: Deals 6783 damage to the enemy, if enemy is killed with this attack Moon Knight is healed for 1984 health instead. No longer creates enemy Attack tiles.

Lunacy - 0 purpletile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Moon Knight’s psyche has cracked, and he no longer knows who he really is. At the start of a battle, this power becomes one of three random powers: when you match Black create a strength 27 Attack tile, when you match Purple deal 135 extra damage, or when you match Green create a strength 19 strike tile.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Depending on which random power you get, Black creates a strength 38 Attack tile, Green creates a strength 27 Strike tile or when you match Purple deal 189 extra damage. Level 3: Depending on which random power you get, Black creates a strenght 49 Attack tile, Green creates a strength 34 Strike tile or when you match Purple deal 243 extra damage. Level 4: Depending on which random power you get, Black creates a strength 70 Attack tile, Green creates a strength 49 Strike tile or when you match Purple deal 351 extra damage. Level 5: Depending on which random power you get, Black creates a strength 113 Attack tile, Green creates a 80 Strike tile or when you match Purple deal 567 extra damage.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Depending on which random power you get, Black creates a strength 95 Attack tile, Green creates a strength 68 Strike tile or when you match Purple deal 473 extra damage. Level 4: Depending on which random power you get, Black creates a strength 138 Attack tile, Green creates a strength 99 Strike tile or when you match Purple deal 684 extra damage. Level 5: Depending on which random power you get, Black creates a strength 223 Attack tile, Green creates a strength 160 Strike tile or when you match Purple deal 1105 extra damage.

Moonsilver Blades - 12 greentile.png AP
    Moon Knight flings a handful of razor-sharp crescent blades at his enemies, combining deadly precision with wild abandon. Deals 1575 damage to a random enemy.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 2205 damage to a random enemy. Level 3: Deals 2835 damage to a random enemy. Level 4: Deals 4095 damage to a random enemy. Level 5: Deals 6615 damage to a random enemy.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 5521 damage to a random enemy. Level 4: Deals 7974 damage to a random enemy. Level 5: Deals 12881 damage to a random enemy.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
      CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
      Mr. Knight! Or is it Moon Knight, or the Fist of Konshu...looks like everybody came out to play with that passive. Regardless, pleasure to meet you.
    • GrumpySmurf1002
      GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
      Thank god, we haven't had any new characters for a while now.
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      Thank god, we haven't had any new characters for a while now.

6FA8YCE.gif
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      So this character will randomly create 1 type of special tiles whenever 1 color is matched? But you can know which one will be in effect until the match starts?

That's a very bad mechanic in a game that rewards team synergy and penalizes losses as heavily as this game does.
    • udonomefoo
      Vhailorx wrote:
      So this character will randomly create 1 type of special tiles whenever 1 color is matched? But you can know which one will be in effect until the match starts?

That's a very bad mechanic in a game that rewards team synergy and penalizes losses as heavily as this game does.

I think it's the same TYPE of special no matter what, it's just the COLOR of match that CREATES it that changes. It's vague though, and I had to read it a couple times myself.
    • BigBZ32
      BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
      udonomefoo wrote:
      Vhailorx wrote:

I think it's the same TYPE of special no matter what, it's just the COLOR of match that CREATES it that changes. It's vague though, and I had to read it a couple times myself.

I'm still reading it like Vhailorx. It also suits Moon Knight and his multiple personalities, but then again I don't think he had powers based off said personalities.
    • udonomefoo
      BigBZ32 wrote:
      udonomefoo wrote:
      Vhailorx wrote:

I'm still reading it like Vhailorx. It also suits Moon Knight and his multiple personalities, but then again I don't think he had powers based off said personalities.

Yeah, I'm re-reading it and I think you guys are right.
    • carrion_pigeons
      carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
      "Random" - probably my least favorite word.

Hopefully he's tuned generously enough to make him worth it (he won't be).

EDIT: I can't wait to have to play against this guy overscaled in PvE somewhere and grinding my teeth over the AI getting more mileage out of him than any player ever will.
    • Vhailorx
      Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
      It seems to me that the implication is each power creates a different special tile (i suppose it could be different numbers of different value tiles, but the description only says 'special tile,' singular). That's not expressly stated, but seems the most reasonable interpretation.

But what unclear is if all three possible powers are triggered by all three color matches, or if the individual powers each trigger off a single color (or some other, more complex areangement).
    • chamber44
      chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
      sounds a little bit like it could be Legion, who is getting his own TV show soon.
    • Tatercat
      Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
      Mr. Knight! Or is it Moon Knight, or the Fist of Konshu...looks like everybody came out to play with that passive.

My money's on Jake Lockley, cab driver.
    • The Bob The
      The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
      BigBZ32 wrote:
      udonomefoo wrote:
      Vhailorx wrote:

Not different powers, but different tendencies to use his powers in certain ways.
    • Mercalla
      Mercalla Posts: 94
      Moon Knight would be great, but they're probably saving that for when the Netflix series release happens.

EDIT:

Oh, forgot to include my guess.. I'll say The Greatest American Hero Ralph Hinkley, complete with bleached perm.
    • Insert25c
      Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
      Chamber44: I will only accept Legion if we get the Age of Apocalypse
    • boldfacedfemme
      boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
      I wanna say Moon Knight.

But a small part of my brain longs for Super Skrull.
    • slidecage
      slidecage Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
      have no clue why people are complaiing or shocked a new person is coming its been every 2 weeks for the past Year + get used to it
    • dokiy
      dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
      Who cares? I'm at the point were another 4 star just slows me down.
    • Thevipper
      Thevipper Posts: 90
      moon knight possibly but I thought black widow
    • Zyrook
      Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
      So basically his purple is going to be 4* Iron Fist, Blade, or Luke Cage, but we won't know which until the match starts? I'm kinda digging that. It'll be forever and a day with the rates of 4* cover acquisition and ISO generation before I'll get to use this one anyway, but whatevs still cool.
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      Black/Purple/Green (or Purple/Green/Black) is another colour combo that's been missing from the 4* tier, after this, the only combination unrepresented will be Yellow/Purple/Green (and you thought we were already drowning in Purple/Green users).

I think the passive is probably fine, since you're already going to be matching 2/3 possible colours anyway. And it's reactive passive special tile generation, so it's in effect right from turn 1. I'm also assuming that it's going to associate Attack/Protect/Strike with Black/Purple/Green (maybe in that order?), but as long as they're even moderately strong I don't think there's a problem. Luke Cage is proof that we're all actually OK with protect tiles as long as they're free, and this isn't limited to only creating 1.

At 12 AP, that Green power is expensive. If it's going to target a random enemy, it needs to deal a lot of damage.

The Black ability doesn't really sound like a black ability (unless the drawback is that you heal instead of create special tiles). Is is true healing or fake healing? If it's true healing it's worth noting that because the heal is a part of the ability and not a passive, it will still resolve if you use this to kill the last enemy standing.

At least there's no internal "counter-synergy" going on, but it's hard to gauge what sort of team this character is meant to be a part of. At a glance, I think it's going to end up in the lower half of 4* characters unless it's got some big numbers on those abilities.