Character Discussion Meta-Banter (Quick Links Index)

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agree with the above, except I've had cyc at 3y and gamora at 5black even before considering what the boosted stats were. I guess my point is, since damage on each ability is going to scale in the same proportions, I'm not seeing what would make me flip my opinion.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Agree with the above, except I've had cyc at 3y and gamora at 5black even before considering what the boosted stats were. I guess my point is, since damage on each ability is going to scale in the same proportions, I'm not seeing what would make me flip my opinion.
    Boosted gamora black is a case where you could change your mind as even at that cost it really brings something huge to the table, specially because she being boosted you can pair her with 166s and have her tank all her colors and possibily other unused colors (left unused on purpose for that).
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Boosted gamora black is a case where you could change your mind as even at that cost it really brings something huge to the table, specially because she being boosted you can pair her with 166s and have her tank all her colors and possibily other unused colors (left unused on purpose for that).

Right. Gamora, Quicksilver, Rags, even SW really helped me figure out which way I wanted to go when I saw them boosted. Hell its why I switched my Captain Marvel to 4/4/5 from 3/5/5. That red while not game breaking hurts, and I don't miss the stun on black
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Updated the links to include upcoming character Sam Wilson. icon_cool.gif
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Now, if only we can get someone to add polls to all the character pages...
  • Thanks again. Using this every day (sometimes multiple times).
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,310 Site Admin
    Congratulations Carnage, you now own the first post. Saved Abuelo's as a spoiler. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Carnage_78
    Thank you IceIX for the post promotion! I think that it will be appreciated by all players on the forum! icon_cool.gif

I will keep this up to date as characters get released so that the usefulness of the tool stays current for everyone's benefit.

Cheers mate! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Im curious, is there anywhere you can locate release dates on the characters? I have no clue which ones the game launched with, and looking through the patch notes isn't reliable because they don't always release on the patch itself. I also tried the wiki but no luck there.

Im working on a project, but I really need the release dates for the characters to actually make it work.
  • Carnage_78
    Haetron wrote:
    Im curious, is there anywhere you can locate release dates on the characters? I have no clue which ones the game launched with, and looking through the patch notes isn't reliable because they don't always release on the patch itself. I also tried the wiki but no luck there.

Im working on a project, but I really need the release dates for the characters to actually make it work.
    There is also some information in the posts history of this thread now that it has been merged with a few different sources.

Some players tried to compile something like that a while back. It might not give you the most recent character releases as it was done prior to a lot of them being released but it will be a good foundation to begin with I think.
  • Both index threads have the wrong link for WXF thread.
  • Carnage_78
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Both index threads have the wrong link for WXF thread.
    Corrected the link for star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Wolverine (X-Force).

Thank you for pointing out the mistake. icon_cool.gif

EDIT: I am trying to keep up with any changes being made over time but I will miss a few here & there I am sure so do not hesitate to draw my attention to any other link or character name that might be wrong. I will correct any mistakes as soon as possible.
  • Carnage_78
    Added the link to star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
  • Should add a top character per month instead of every 15 days. I have been undoing of some characters 2 stars to free up slots.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for keeping this updated. I use it a bunch.
  • Do we have any forum threads for NPC Heroes?

Like, Gorgon and Ultron Prime?

They're not going to see as much traffic 'cause they're not exactly used and stuff, but I still want to look up discussions about them and such.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    Do we have any forum threads for NPC Heroes?

Like, Gorgon and Ultron Prime?

They're not going to see as much traffic 'cause they're not exactly used and stuff, but I still want to look up discussions about them and such.

You mean like this one for Gorgon?
  • Carnage_78
    Good suggestion. Thank you! icon_mrgreen.gif

I've added the NPC section to the quick links & included Gorgon.

If anyone can find other links that would be good to add in that section, please let me know. icon_cool.gif
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I'm curious to know at what level do 4* characters begin to do equal damage on basic tile matches as level 166 3* characters? Is there any variance in 4* basic tile damage like with 5*s? A breakdown/graph/table would be appreciated.
  • Please sticky this thread. Thanks.