Patch Notes - R101 (05/17/16)

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    DTStump wrote:
    Khaoz77 wrote:
    In the spanish notes it reads as "A pair of knives..."

If it helps the experts...

I found this interesting and went to check the French version: "no time to lose". Now I'm puzzled.

Very interesting. In the German version: "eyes open!", which I suppose is just the literal way to translate "Look Sharp" (most of the German translations tend to miss the puns / references, e.g. "Thick as Thieves" = "Dumb Thieves").
    The Italian one says "In guardia", that is "en garde" in French and "On (your) guard" in English.
    ..and it has nothing in common with the other translation icon_lol.gif

En garde? Man that sounds like nightcrawler to me. That would be wunderbar icon_e_smile.gif
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    En Guard makes me think of Fandral. That's my guess.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Too many people were exploiting the Vision bug and it was unbalancing everything.
    Did you actually come across that in the game? I was surprised not to see him showing up more often while bugged, but I fight primarily at the 4*-5* level.

That was a facetious comment. You could tell, because maybe 85% of my comments are gently poking fun at something or other.

But to answer your question, since he was known to be bugged I've seen him once, and that was in Simulator. I don't think that many players were aware of the bug. I do think that the small subset (a couple of hundred?) that read the forum are almost all past the stage where they would choose to use him. Or newish players who couldn't choose him at all.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see more Vision but I did see a notable uptick of Elektra in PVP. I thought it was over the weekend but might have been the Thor PVP event where I believe she was boosted.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm someone who has had a championed Vision for months, and tried the bugged version with Patch -- the results were ghastly.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Look Sharp" ...

I'm ignoring the probability (in order) of either Nightcrawler, Uncanny X-Force Psylocke, or Kate Bishop Hawkeye... and INSISTING this is a double entendre.

One one hand, we are getting a character who is stylish and well-dressed. On the other, what flower is covered in sharp thorns?
    Fisk_Rose.jpg
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    DTStump wrote:
    Khaoz77 wrote:
    In the spanish notes it reads as "A pair of knives..."

If it helps the experts...

I found this interesting and went to check the French version: "no time to lose". Now I'm puzzled.

Very interesting. In the German version: "eyes open!", which I suppose is just the literal way to translate "Look Sharp" (most of the German translations tend to miss the puns / references, e.g. "Thick as Thieves" = "Dumb Thieves").
    The Italian one says "In guardia", that is "en garde" in French and "On (your) guard" in English.
    ..and it has nothing in common with the other translation icon_lol.gif
    En garde / pair of knives - fighting with blades
    look sharp / eyes open - camuflage, problems with being spotted
    no time to lose - teleportation

This really could be Nightcrawler! Finally!!!
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    wait, is the Vision bug fixed? As a semi-regular Vision user even unbugged, I had an absolute field day over the last few days, so I'll be sad to see the end of it.

BugVis + Fistbuster was a beast during the Iron Fist PVP - cascades of over 1300 a match? Yes please. What's that Luke Cage? You're shielding? Oh, that's cute...dead
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    The most obvious blade users are in the game already: Blade, Psylocke, Deadpool

Nightcrawler used various rapiers and swords and would be nice

Cloak & Dagger would be a sharp dressed pair of knives

Cable also uses swords and daggers from time to time

Raza from the Starjammers also uses a sword but seems too obscure to me

Black Knight uses a sword but is also obscure

Sharp claws like Sabretooth's could also be possible but wouldn't work with the dagger hint imho...meh, I'm clueless atm
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Double ISO? Hah, its barely normal ISO compared to shorter events... but nice start.
    Shame that more ISO is considered and something special - its should be normal that we get more ISO after 4* covers turned from super rare to super common.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    The most obvious blade users are in the game already: Blade, Psylocke, Deadpool

Nightcrawler used various rapiers and swords and would be nice

Cloak & Dagger would be a sharp dressed pair of knives

Cable also uses swords and daggers from time to time

Raza from the Starjammers also uses a sword but seems too obscure to me

Black Knight uses a sword but is also obscure

Sharp claws like Sabretooth's could also be possible but wouldn't work with the dagger hint imho...meh, I'm clueless atm

I wish Black Knight, but I know it won't happen icon_neutral.gif

also Shatterstar uses blades. Taskmaster. Sif. Fandral.

Oh, and Spiral, she uses lots of blades icon_lol.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    smoq84 wrote:

What if Eyes Open means...
    deadpool-weapon-xi-ryan-reynolds-sword-optic-laser.jpg
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Berserk Al wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:

What if Eyes Open means...
    deadpool-weapon-xi-ryan-reynolds-sword-optic-laser.jpg
    You are right! Why I didn't think about it...
    All clues suit: blades, eyes open, teleportation...

But we have already 4* Deadpool, so this one would 5*!!!
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Can't speak for his yellow (because IM40's yellow gets the AP), but Vision's blue is still boosting damage for the entire team, not just Vision.

Not that I'm complaining icon_e_wink.gif
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
    It's gotta be a 4* psylocke, right? Corresponding with the new X-Men movie in which she figures prominently?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    whoami wrote:
    It's gotta be a 4* psylocke, right? Corresponding with the new X-Men movie in which she figures prominently?

I'd love a 4* Uncanny X-Force Psylocke as:

1) 3* Psylocke is very disappointing.
    2) I'm a big fan of Rick Remender's run on 'Uncanny X-Force.'
    3) We already have Wolverine and Deadpool from that team.
    4) Getting another member moves us that much closer to getting Fantomex, Archangel, and AoA Nightcrawler.

But this is probably classic Nightcrawler. But if it IS Uncanny X-Force Nightcrawler, because they want to develop that team in-game, and because it'd be the Age of Apocalypse version as a result (the timing of the movie maybe helps?), that means we can count on one of his moves being "Shark!" ... which I can only imagine is a countdown tile that, upon going off, insta-kills you if you're below a certain percentage health.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    mega ghost wrote:
    whoami wrote:

4) Getting another member moves us that much closer to getting Fantomex, Archangel, and AoA Nightcrawler.

But this is probably classic Nightcrawler. But if it IS Uncanny X-Force Nightcrawler, because they want to develop that team in-game, and because it'd be the Age of Apocalypse version as a result (the timing of the movie maybe helps?), that means we can count on one of his moves being "Shark!" ... which I can only imagine is a countdown tile that, upon going off, insta-kills you if you're below a certain percentage health.

Would be neat, but this game doesn't acknowledge the Fox movies. At least they wouldn't do anything to promote it. Which is kinda a shame, fighting Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen would make a neat boss event.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:
    whoami wrote:

Would be neat, but this game doesn't acknowledge the Fox movies. At least they wouldn't do anything to promote it. Which is kinda a shame, fighting Apocalypse and his Four Horsemen would make a neat boss event.

Except when they ran the Deadpool event when the movie was opening. But other than that, yeah, no Fox.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
    mega ghost wrote:
    whoami wrote:

Except when they ran the Deadpool event when the movie was opening. But other than that, yeah, no Fox.

Yeah, they turned a whole month of MPQ over to Deadpool when his movie came out in February!