Patch Notes - R101 (05/17/16)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R101 Patch Notes

Look sharp!

What’s New
    - War Machine flies into battle! - Iso-8 Brotherhood – Double-Iso event!

What’s Changed
    - Characters thrown by Colossus’ Fastball Special will now fire their abilities correctly upon landing. - Steve Rogers (First Avenger)’s Coordinated Offensive now correctly deals damage and healing for 8 special tiles on the board (instead of all). - Punisher (MAX)’s Merciless Charge no longer deals additional damage for opponents that were downed in previous waves. - Audio now plays when using the skip function on 10 and 40-Packs. - The Shield button is no longer sometimes difficult to select. - The game no longer crashes if you down a stunned enemy with a tile match, while Spider-Man (Back in Black) is on your team and invisible. - Strike tiles that have been modified by a character’s powers now display the correct amount in the tile’s description. - Fixed a bug where tiles that reduced damage were reducing damage for all allied characters. - Fixed PC bug: Ability descriptions now update properly when one ability changes to another.

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    should have kept the bug that with allies getting coverage instead of just one person. made most of those with bugs very usable. devs should consider making that a buff in the future.
  • Antlion
    Antlion Posts: 19
    Look sharp? I'm going to cross my fingers for archangel. Maybe they will loosen their embargo on mutants
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strike tiles that have been modified by a character’s powers now display the correct amount in the tile’s description

Great change! It will be less confusing now.

Does the change apply to protect tiles too?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double ISO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Iso-8 Brotherhood – Double-Iso event! Did I read that right? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm betting Look Sharp refers to a XFW buff, his DDQ was just pushed back

Iso 8 Brotherhood, double iso and probable War Machine release. Could we be seeing double iso on all new releases?
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Look sharp!

It's confirmed. 1* Wolverine!!!
  • My god icon_cool.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Look sharp!

41BNKZ9D95L.jpg

Best album-opening song trio ever?

Best album-opening song trio ever.
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    What about Phoenix's bug where Physich Rapport is converting red tiles into red tiles? It's not converting anything if the tile was originally red.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    What about the bug where Critical Boosts are considered a worthy reward for beating the toughest node in an event? And if you've got 30 of the things already, you effectively get nothing at all!

Please can R102 change crit boost rewards for all-colour power boosts?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look sharp, it's obviously an anagram.

Harp skool. And who learns to play a harp? It's an Angel, that's who, as any fule kno.

And let's not forget what happened to the last R101.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see no fix for the Psychic Rapport bug in the patch notes?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Look Sharp...

Gotta be something sharp (and not a good dresser)...but can't be a wolverine cause tinykitty knows we have enough of those in the current game.

I'm thinking it's a character that uses something sharp. Hmm we already have Blade. Maybe it's a reference to the one main Avenger that doesn't have a playable character above 2* and who uses sharp objects very well, which would make the most sense. Or maybe the first of vengeance, though I think the clue would have a moon reference if that was the case. Or maybe Black Knight, which I'd be thrilled with, but seems unlikely (has he been featured in the comics lately?). Or it could be what I really want, which is XForce Psylocke!
  • Dark Nova wrote:
    What about the bug where Critical Boosts are considered a worthy reward for beating the toughest node in an event? And if you've got 30 of the things already, you effectively get nothing at all!

Please can R102 change crit boost rewards for all-colour power boosts?

YES!!!!
    I really hate the nodes that you can play only once and you get the critical boost every time- Civil War.

While we are at it why don't we change the vaults so they have less 2 star characters, I am sick of never getting anything but 2 star characters as a reward. Really, I have every 2 star champed and I have not gotten anything but a 2 star for the last 4 events.
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Really hoping "Look Sharp!" is a hint at a Wolverine X-Force buff, instead of a character release. I feel that buffing the plethora of existing characters that are pretty garbage every now and then is much better than releasing a new character every two weeks.
  • SuperRecoome
    SuperRecoome Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Man, can't wait for that double ISO event! Normally I'm too casual to bother with PVE, but at double ISO I'm going to play. Here's hoping we get more in the future.
  • I was thinking black widow since she's on the app emblem now and I haven't seen that black widow in game yet.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    I'm thinking a 4 or 5* Black Panther. Didn't they post something about a 4* BP then yank it down quickly recently?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mostly, I just hope "Look Sharp" is the War Machine clue, 'cause I really want releases to slow a bit.

Okay, so, Look Sharp. "Look" Sharp. Don't necessarily "Be" Sharp, but "Look" Sharp. Like a butter-knife, looking like a knife, but being dull. Or a fake sword, a replica. Replica: something that is meant to look like the real thing, but just doesn't match it.
    Legendary Ragnarok.