Patch Notes - R101 (05/17/16)

Comments

• DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Emma Frost confirmed icon_eek.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    War Machine can see invisible targets, no?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Look Sharp. Hrm.

Look. See. Eyes. Eyesight. Sharp eyesight. Really good eyes. Eyes like a...hawk.

4* Hawkeye!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Cloak and Dagger?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the off chance it's not an anagram...

Sharp. Musical Notation.
    Look. Sound into light.

It's Dazzler.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Please… No more new characters. Leave it a month. Maybe 2. We’ve still got War Machine to go yet. Also I doubt the major populace has both of the new 5 stars either. I don’t. I’ve got IM but not Cap. I expect that will change at the end of the month when they re-run the event but im already looking at 2k coins I will need to roster that lot.

I’m like the double iso. Sorely needed. While you are at it make it permanent. Been playing the game for 880 days + so you guys must be doing something right. I just think that the game needs updating on a few basic elements. ISO amount earned and relative prize dishing on tokens. ( A 5 star roster whale doesn’t want to pull 3 Hawkeyes on the bounce )
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    If the clue is an anagram, then it could be Pool Shark (Or a shark version of Deadpool, wouldn't be surprised if it exists).
    poolshark1.jpg

If it's not an anagram, then it would be someone who's sharp dressed and has sharp weapons, and is not Patch. So that would be...
    250px-Wolverine30.jpg

Anyways, I am in need of ISO, so I will be playing that event as fully as I can.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    tbighead21 wrote:
    What about Phoenix's bug where Physich Rapport is converting red tiles into red tiles? It's not converting anything if the tile was originally red.
    It's also converting critical tiles to Red. It's made the power nearly useless.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it doesn't really matter, but everyone realizes that Iso-8 Brotherhood (double iso event) will award War Machine, right?

It starts the 19th, is a 7 day event, and Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo starts the 26th, and has already been said will require WM.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess it doesn't really matter, but everyone realizes that Iso-8 Brotherhood (double iso event) will award War Machine, right?

It starts the 19th, is a 7 day event, and Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo starts the 26th, and has already been said will require WM.
    I expected War Machine to be awarded with a 7 day event from the start. The double ISO was still a pleasant surprise.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

I expected War Machine to be awarded with a 7 day event from the start. The double ISO was still a pleasant surprise.

Well yeah, but bracket shopping is going to have some twists to it. All the vets are likely gonna join early to take full advantage of the double iso, but anyone who gets in after the 1st sub will likely have a significantly easier time w/ placement for lack of veterans. But there's more of a risk brackets won't flip. Decisions, decisions....
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Not saying I don't want double ISO bcs it's sorely needed, but jamming double ISO on top of a new release before needing said new release to win a special event seems like this is going to be the biggest grindfest of all grindfests.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    LordXberk wrote:
    Not saying I don't want double ISO bcs it's sorely needed, but jamming double ISO on top of a new release before needing said new release to win a special event seems like this is going to be the biggest grindfest of all grindfests.
    If it's like the last run of Civil War you won't need War Machine to win. Instead of playing his essential node you can just play the corresponding battle on the Team Cap side and unlock the boss battle against Cap that way.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:
    If it's like the last run of Civil War you won't need War Machine to win. Instead of playing his essential node you can just play the corresponding battle on the Team Cap side and unlock the boss battle against Cap that way.

Fair point, but still think double ISO + new release is going to drive up the amount of grinding needed for t100.

Somewhat related - do we think they'll change CW2 so it'll be impossible to win both sides?
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    LordXberk wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:

Fair point, but still think double ISO + new release is going to drive up the amount of grinding needed for t100.

Somewhat related - do we think they'll change CW2 so it'll be impossible to win both sides?

Even if it wasn t intended for the first run, it would be completly unfair to change it before the second run.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Look sharp!

41BNKZ9D95L.jpg

Best album-opening song trio ever?

Best album-opening song trio ever.

You beat me to it! icon_e_biggrin.gif (I love that album.)
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    "Look sharp!"

Isn't wolverine star.pngstar.pngstar.png PvP named Sharply Dressed? Any relation?
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Antlion wrote:
    Look sharp? I'm going to cross my fingers for archangel. Maybe they will loosen their embargo on mutants

Archangel would be good. Or...

Nightcrawler.jpg

...but it's probably War Machine.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    6* Wolverine confirmed!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    woopie wrote:
    6* Wolverine confirmed!
    Yes, it will be a lazy version of 3* Wolverine. A special introductory PVP event will run on release, titled "Sharper Dressed."

Sources say that the only way to gain 6* covers is to have at least one maxed champion 5*, which unlocks the super-secret Ultra Legendary Store. Tokens can be purchased for 1000 command points for a 1% chance to win a 6*, a 9% chance to win a 5* (including all classic and latest 5*s), and a 90% chance to win a 4*.
    There are no sources that say that. And, please, Demiurge, do not take any of this seriously and even remotely consider this horrible, horrible idea.