Patch Notes - R101 (05/17/16)

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sources say that the only way to gain 6* covers is to have at least one maxed champion 5*, which unlocks the super-secret Ultra Legendary Store. Tokens can be purchased for 1000 command points for a 1% chance to win a 6*, a 9% chance to win a 5* (including all classic and latest 5*s), and a 90% chance to win a 4*

Ha! And the forum's favorite mega-whale would still have him maxed and champed within the week.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double-ISO has long been desired and it's good that it's here, but having it for a single PvE event is about as parsimonious as it's possible to get. There's an upper bound to the amount of ISO available in any sub because of the limited number of rewards.

If they're going to do this, do it for Lightning Rounds for a couple of weeks instead. Or a whole season of PvE, or just in the SHIELD Simulator. Don't limit it in this way.
  • Sledge
    Sledge Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Double-ISO has long been desired and it's good that it's here, but having it for a single PvE event is about as parsimonious as it's possible to get. There's an upper bound to the amount of ISO available in any sub because of the limited number of rewards.

If they're going to do this, do it for Lightning Rounds for a couple of weeks instead. Or a whole season of PvE, or just in the SHIELD Simulator. Don't limit it in this way.

par·si·mo·ni·ous
    ˌpärsəˈmōnēəs/
    adjective: parsimonious
    unwilling to spend money or use resources; stingy or frugal.

All jokes aside, I completely agree. Another idea floated was to ramp up the ISO rewards based on node difficulty in PvE. It's such a letdown to get out of a match with a level 300+ team for 70 ISO or even a critical boost.
  • Moon Roach
    Sledge wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

par·si·mo·ni·ous
    ˌpärsəˈmōnēəs/
    adjective: parsimonious
    unwilling to spend money or use resources; stingy or frugal.

All jokes aside, I completely agree. Another idea floated was to ramp up the ISO rewards based on node difficulty in PvE. It's such a letdown to get out of a match with a level 300+ team for 70 ISO or even a critical boost.

I'm up to P in my Big Book of Big Words. Otherwise I would have used mean, tight, miserly or ungenerous (wow, that's a real word). And I have a suspicion that if I complain but use words the devs don't know (like "testing"), I'm less likely to be smitten (smote? smited?) by the banhammer.

Here's one example of a suggestion where ISO reward is based on difficulty.

I'm looking forward to events where we get double critical boosts.

Here's one example of a suggestion for being able to sell boosts for ISO.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's weird that patch notes been unpinned even before it goes live. i guess it'll be a surprise when it downloads and weird stuff happens like last update.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    it's weird that patch notes been unpinned even before it goes live. i guess it'll be a surprise when it downloads and weird stuff happens like last update.
    It appears to be live now. Seems quicker than usual from notes to release, to me.
  • Khaoz77
    Khaoz77 Posts: 16
    In the spanish notes it reads as "A pair of knives..."

If it helps the experts...
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    It appears to be live now. Seems quicker than usual from notes to release, to me.

Confirmed live. Just updated. Does seem rather quick though.
  • Moon Roach
    DayvBang wrote:

Too many people were exploiting the Vision bug and it was unbalancing everything.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    AsylumTKJ wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:
    Not saying I don't want double ISO bcs it's sorely needed, but jamming double ISO on top of a new release before needing said new release to win a special event seems like this is going to be the biggest grindfest of all grindfests.
    If it's like the last run of Civil War you won't need War Machine to win. Instead of playing his essential node you can just play the corresponding battle on the Team Cap side and unlock the boss battle against Cap that way.

Fair point, but still think double ISO + new release is going to drive up the amount of grinding needed for t100.

Somewhat related - do we think they'll change CW2 so it'll be impossible to win both sides?

Even if it wasn t intended for the first run, it would be completly unfair to change it before the second run.

I think it will be changed. Historically, the 2nd run of every boss event has featured a harder boss. Ultron for sure had a ridiculously hard 2nd run. If I remember correctly, Galactus's 2nd run was specifically turned down based on the 1st run experience. But in that case, I remember a very lively discussion about how the Galactus boss battle was badly tuned.

I don't really see anywhere near the level of outrage now in CW vs the outrage in Galactus. So personally, I think they will make this run of CW a bit harder by increasing Cap and IM's round health bar.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Khaoz77 wrote:

I found this interesting and went to check the French version: "no time to lose". Now I'm puzzled.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    DTStump wrote:
    Khaoz77 wrote:

I found this interesting and went to check the French version: "no time to lose". Now I'm puzzled.

Very interesting. In the German version: "eyes open!", which I suppose is just the literal way to translate "Look Sharp" (most of the German translations tend to miss the puns / references, e.g. "Thick as Thieves" = "Dumb Thieves").
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I've just updated the game today and i find the game moving more slowly during the match. Anyone else having the same problem?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    DTStump wrote:
    Khaoz77 wrote:

Very interesting. In the German version: "eyes open!", which I suppose is just the literal way to translate "Look Sharp" (most of the German translations tend to miss the puns / references, e.g. "Thick as Thieves" = "Dumb Thieves").
    I think the real puzzle in Marvel Puzzle Quest is figuring out what the heck they are on about in these patch notes.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Maybe it's a new Psylocke. She uses katanas (look sharp), has 2 psychic knives (pair of knives), and is in XMen Apocalypse (Out of time).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Too many people were exploiting the Vision bug and it was unbalancing everything.
    Did you actually come across that in the game? I was surprised not to see him showing up more often while bugged, but I fight primarily at the 4*-5* level.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, I'm hoping "Look sharp" is a Sabertooth reference. His claws and teeth are of course sharp. But around the time of the death of Wolverine, and other times as well, Victor was like a crime boss and wore a nice suit. So sharply dressed as well, sometimes. If not Sabertooth, then I would be fine with a 4 star.png Psylocke. Always had a bit of thing for her. A psychic ninja, how cool is that. Plus she's kinda hot. icon_twisted.gif

However, since MPQ is seriously lacking in Wolverine characters, icon_rolleyes.gif , it may be that 1 star.png bone claw Wolverine I requested 2 years ago.

Then again, it might mean a 4 star.png Hawkeye. Hope not because I'm not to big a Hawkeye fan, but that's just my opinion. Or it could be a different archer.

Didn't Hawkeye have a daughter that joined the Young Avengers and then took up his bow. It was shortly after Avengers Disassembled event. She took his bow from the wreckage of the Avengers Mansion.

Can anyone remember her name? I'm too lazy to look it up, but will later if no one here remembers it.

JJ

EDIT.... ok, looked it up. Her name was Kate Bishop. She was not Hawkeyes daughter, just good with a bow. I was thinking of Cassie Lang, the daughter of Antman. So yeah, maybe a 4 star.png Hawkeye, just not Clint.
  • AsylumTKJ
    AsylumTKJ Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Personally, I'm hoping "Look sharp" is a Sabertooth reference. His claws and teeth are of course sharp. But around the time of the death of Wolverine, and other times as well, Victor was like a crime boss and wore a nice suit. So sharply dressed as well, sometimes. If not Sabertooth, then I would be fine with a 4 star.png Psylocke. Always had a bit of thing for her. A psychic ninja, how cool is that. Plus she's kinda hot. icon_twisted.gif

However, since MPQ is seriously lacking in Wolverine characters, icon_rolleyes.gif , it may be that 1 star.png bone claw Wolverine I requested 2 years ago.

Then again, it might mean a 4 star.png Hawkeye. Hope not because I'm not to big a Hawkeye fan, but that's just my opinion. Or it could be a different archer.

Didn't Hawkeye have a daughter that joined the Young Avengers and then took up his bow. It was shortly after Avengers Disassembled event. She took his bow from the wreckage of the Avengers Mansion.

Can anyone remember her name? I'm too lazy to look it up, but will later if no one here remembers it.

JJ

EDIT.... ok, looked it up. Her name was Kate Bishop. She was not Hawkeyes daughter, just good with a bow. I was thinking of Cassie Lang, the daughter of Antman. So yeah, maybe a 4 star.png Hawkeye, just not Clint.

I hope this is Sabretooth too.

For the Hawkeye possibility, you have the "OML universe" one, or his daughter, Ashley Barton.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:

Almost always goes live on a Tuesday, so this strikes me as a delay in the release notes more than anything.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    DTStump wrote:
    Khaoz77 wrote:

The Italian one says "In guardia", that is "en garde" in French and "On (your) guard" in English.
    ..and it has nothing in common with the other translation icon_lol.gif