jdoe893 Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
times 10 in scaling

Comments

• Dribbler
    Dribbler Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Uhhhh yeah. What the hell??
    Nose jumped from 40-206.
    My top team with average level of 180 died real quick in the Human torch node.
    I have completely stalled out.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was wondering why we were on round 7 and still facing such low level enemies.

Either they forgot to turn it on in the first place, or it was planned to let it be easy for the first day. Which one do you think it was?? icon_lol.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Okay, who let demiurge_humperdink use the scaling slider?

b2c7dde3-d4f9-4f7a-8838-bdfd421e5735_zpsp1axexzf.gif

(I know, the Day 2 Crazypants Bump happened in Galactus, too. Was hoping it wouldn't repeat itself here)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Yep I was waiting on the scaling hammer to drop when everyone was posting yesterday about how reasonable the scaling was for this event. They did the same thing with the last Galactus event, a big scaling jump at the 24 hour mark. I'm just glad my alliance was able to get Round 7 at least before the jump. Gonna be a lot of health packs used this weekend.

Even looking at the other team, the round 1 boss even has 250 lvl sub nodes now. Ouch.
  • esmcubed
    esmcubed Posts: 2
    I feel like I'm on the dark side of the moon. This seems Hella shady.
  • Wow, the event went from fun to a halt real fast. Tease then....you want to go farther...buy health packs fools.
  • udonomefoo

(I know, the Day 2 Crazypants Bump happened in Galactus, too. Was hoping it wouldn't repeat itself here)

Demiurge_humperdink made me laugh much harder than it probably should have. From now on, anything that goes sideways in this game will be blamed squarely on demiurge_humperdink
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    The ol math must have been off. They're making sure only x% of players get those covers.
  • udonomefoo
    demiurge_humperdink was told to make the scaling "gradual"

post-34926-I-dont-think-Im-quite-familiar-AXWp.gif
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    From a fun event to a slog. Bad enough a level 400 Cap is doing approximately 1k in match damage alone, now i have to contend with lvl 205 enemies in the side nodes.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    I think it's funny that they managed to take an event in which the only real complaint in a whole complaint thread was that there was nothing to complain about and then flush it all down the toilet.

Everyone was happy with it, but no.... that's not right! Happiness doesn't make people spend more!

Sigh... Great job
  • jdoe893

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I didn't even notice the levels for the first subnode I did. I put in some of my "C" characters in the beat the node and to my surprise everyone had a **** load of health and I of course got smashed. Way to ruin a good thing. I guess they needed to give us something to complain about so it could be the forum status quo.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did they re-skin the unpatched version of Galactus? An alliance mate just had their BP node crash the game. Remember that?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Obligatory post
    raw
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    What is the harm in keeping the scaling for the nodes low? Is not like the boss is getting any easier. Now the bottom half of my alliance is out. That's OK, I really didn't need those covers anyway...
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:
    Did they re-skin the unpatched version of Galactus? An alliance mate just had their BP node crash the game. Remember that?

My team would have lost a LOT less health on that node if it had just crashed.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:

I do remember that headache. Ugh, glad I'm Team Cap for this run.
  • jdoe893
    JVReal wrote:
    thank god mine worked fine,imagine the headache
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess they decided we were having too much fun. Just got absolutely obliterated on the Human Torch node. Iron Man now has 41K health. This is not fun anymore.