Civil War Complaints

Comments

• Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Ctenko wrote:
    We have two rogues. They've beat Cap stage One together already. I didn't think we'd finish Stage eight though. So It's possible we'll just forget about getting an Iron Man Mark XLVI and just get a stage six Cap reward.

Though Damn it. I'm going to get my 1.228 Million. I think. I hope.

Stupid Math.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    firethorne wrote:
    Here's one. We've had an alliance member go rogue and ignore the alliance vote for team cap. He has all of his points on the wrong side. Told him to stop in the alliance chat, but his score on team Iron Man keeps going up.

If we kick him, he's still in the alliance tally for the duration of the event. Commanders don't have the tools they need to do proper team administration for things like this.

I had one in my Alliance do this too! Really need a box at the top of the Alliance chat where we can keep important notices so these things don't get lost in all the talk. >.<
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Our alliance all voted a week ago to be on team Cap for this run, but we're all realists. When we saw the **** reward of FailCap, we jumped over to Stark's side. I guess the moral of this story is that our alliance can be bought for some Hulkbuster covers.

Exactly the story with my alliance. When the first hints of the event dropped we all were very excited about joining team Cap. Then they showed the rewards and the fact that HB is boosted for Team IM while Bucky is for Team Cap... we nope'd and turned 540 degrees into the warm embrace of Team IM.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Complaints:

Its a new event: no complaint there.

Its not overwhelmingly difficult: no complaint there.

The servers, despite a wobble, have kept going: no complaint there.

Some decent 4* rewards within reach: no complaint there.

....,. Wait! I'm on the wrong thread!
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Being able to hit nodes on the opposite side to unlock the boss on your side is unintuitive but I like it as it means people with small rosters have some outs. I think it could have been explained a little better, though (been prepping for this event for a while and it just never occurred to me that it would work like that).

Also, despite being nowhere to be found in viewtopic.php?p=514813#p514813 , Spider-Man is a required node on Team Iron Man. So I'm missing out on clears because I've been selling all my one and three star Spider-Men because they weren't on the list. So super unhappy about that and it's only gonna get worse if any more randos who aren't on that list start popping up on the nodes.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    firethorne wrote:
    Here's one. We've had an alliance member go rogue and ignore the alliance vote for team cap. He has all of his points on the wrong side. Told him to stop in the alliance chat, but his score on team Iron Man keeps going up.

If we kick him, he's still in the alliance tally for the duration of the event. Commanders don't have the tools they need to do proper team administration for things like this.

There's always one rogue agent. We have the same thing going on right now in my Alliance. Curse the party poopers!

I can understand playing a node on the other side if you don't have every essential on the right side, but ALL his dang points are on the other side. Good grief. Venting accomplished, I feel OK now...
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Esheris wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

I had one in my Alliance do this too! Really need a box at the top of the Alliance chat where we can keep important notices so these things don't get lost in all the talk. >.<

You mean.....like......posting a note in a LINE chat? icon_lol.gif

Not everybody uses LINE. I've never found a reason to download it specifically for one single purpose that is MPQ.

We really need an announcement box like Esheris suggested. For alliances that don't rely on LINE, in game messages are our only form of communication, and not everybody bothers to check the messages, so an announcement bar that appears on the main screen is a good idea. My own alliance has 2 people clearing out cap's nodes despite a whole string of msgs and reminders to hit IM's nodes instead. If they are the reason we can't clear round 8 i'm going to tear my hair out
  • Soitswritten
    Soitswritten Posts: 102
    Why so many 140 ISO rewards in the progression tree? That's literally nothing.

Even worse, why in the world does he boss node have ONLY 4 rewards. That's gonna be a ton of playing for nothing as his progresses. Better yet? One of he four rewards are crit boosts. Why?
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I'm really enjoying the event. Difficulty is fair, going to finish round 4 in a couple hours and round 5 seems very doable. Only a couple minor server hiccups and I haven't had any rewards go uncollected or points untallied. Getting 2 hulbusters would kick all forms of **** known to man and speculative forms of **** yet to be discovered. My guys in my alliance seem to be having fun even though we all really agree with cap more with his f tha police stance. My only complaints are that nodes don't unlock when we defeat a round which really sucks and that my iron man vault has the one 4clops and one Hulkbuster colors that I have maxed. Hopefully they will pick something better than Eric Flaptain for the Cap rewards next go round.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Orion wrote:
    Our alliance all voted a week ago to be on team Cap for this run, but we're all realists. When we saw the **** reward of FailCap, we jumped over to Stark's side. I guess the moral of this story is that our alliance can be bought for some Hulkbuster covers.

Exactly what happened in my ally. I was lobbying for everyone to go im side but everyone wanted cap side before the rewards. After everyone actually got to see the rewards we switched pretty fast
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Complaints?

The only one so far is that the base nodes are too easy. I'm on round six and the nodes are still level 33 mobs. Not exactly feeling a sense of difficulty progression.

Don't get me wrong...I much prefer these squash matches to level 330+ nodes any day of the week but it is a complaint to mention just the same.

The boss battle up to round 6 has been great. It has the potential to threaten without completely limiting your team selection options. The boss encounter (Cap in my case) was fantastic!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    13os5p.jpg
  • Cad_Bane
    Cad_Bane Posts: 21
    Druss wrote:
    Complaints:

Depends on how long you play this game!
    I am here for 3 month now and in round 3 I was able to win against Ironman 1 times out of 5 tries. It all depends on can I get him down befor he fires up house party protocol!
    If he does and for that one he just needs 6 yellow AP, its over. His buddies buy him enough time to get 6 yellow AP over and over again easily which makes him spam HPP over and over again!

So "Its not overwhelmingly difficult" thats totally **** for a not high end player here because the event dows not scale for lower level players!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    Cad_Bane wrote:
    Druss wrote:
    Complaints:

Depends on how long you play this game!
    I am here for 3 month now and in round 3 I was able to win against Ironman 1 times out of 5 tries. It all depends on can I get him down befor he fires up house party protocol!
    If he does and for that one he just needs 6 yellow AP, its over. His buddies buy him enough time to get 6 yellow AP over and over again easily which makes him spam HPP over and over again!

So "Its not overwhelmingly difficult" thats totally **** for a not high end player here because the event dows not scale for lower level players!
    I'm not playing Cap's side so I haven't seen boss fight with Iron Man, but if I understood you are trying to kill the drones - wouldn't be better to just ignore them and kill Iron Man as soon as possible?
    On the other side I don't bother Captain's allies because it doesn't make sense, just throw everything into the boss.

Or maybe there is something more tricky on Cap's side?

EDIT: Ok, now I understand - drones take single damage instead of IM. In that case AoE attacks should be the priority.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    The ridiculous start time for this event. Having a single start time is incredibly unfair for people in different parts of the world. My nodes unlock at 1am, how is that fair?

This is the one event style where it doesn't matter. You had 8 hours to clear all nodes / win boss fights before it refreshed at 9. You could have left it until 8:30 and still been able to start another clear at 9.

Here it started at 4 am. As long as I do a clear between getting up and noon, another between noon and 8 pm, and then between 8 pm and going to bed, I'll get the maximum score I can.

For you, and assuming a "normal" lifestyle, it's between getting up and 9 am, between 9 am and 5 pm, and between 5 pm and going to bed.

The only ones who are going to miss a complete cycle are those who sleep or work its entire 8 hours.

:edit: Couldn't add 8 hours to 9 am properly.
  • Cad_Bane
    Cad_Bane Posts: 21
    smoq84 wrote:
    I'm not playing Cap's side so I haven't seen boss fight with Iron Man, but if I understood you are trying to kill the drones - wouldn't be better to just ignore them and kill Iron Man as soon as possible?
    On the other side I don't bother Captain's allies because it doesn't make sense, just throw everything into the boss.

Or maybe there is something more tricky on Cap's side?

Well of course that would be the typlical strategy, but here the problem is, the drones throw themself into the line of fire if you try to target Ironman. So you really have to kill them first and this gives him more than enough time to get 6AP for the next HPP!
    You can't even try to get your own effects up and ready by collecting your color you just try to avoid getting him 6 yellow AP which is most of the time absolute impossible.

So you end up dying trying to prevent him getting more yellow AP...
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    My experience is that the drones only throw themselves in front of Targeted Powers. Match damage and AoE damage do their job just fine.

I've been having much luck with Modern Hawkeye and his Blast Arrow.
  • smoq84
    Moon Roach wrote:
    The ridiculous start time for this event. Having a single start time is incredibly unfair for people in different parts of the world. My nodes unlock at 1am, how is that fair?

This is the one event style where it doesn't matter. You had 8 hours to clear all nodes / win boss fights before it refreshed at 9. You could have left it until 8:30 and still been able to start another clear at 9.

Here it started at 4 am. As long as I do a clear between getting up and noon, another between noon and 8 pm, and then between 8 pm and going to bed, I'll get the maximum score I can.

For you, and assuming a "normal" lifestyle, it's between getting up and 9 am, between 9 am and 5 pm, and between 5 pm and going to bed.

The only ones who are going to miss a complete cycle are those who sleep or work its entire 8 hours.

There is one unfair thing in this event. It last 3.5 days, which is 3 days and 12 hours, which means that the last refresh is not 8 hours but only 4. In my timezone it will be 2a.m.-6a.m. which forces me to go sleep about 3:00 or get up at 5:00. Last time during Galactus I was really irritated because of this.
    In my opinion all refreshers should be 8 hours to be fair for everyone.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    smoq84 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

There is one unfair thing in this event. It last 3.5 days, which is 3 days and 12 hours, which means that the last refresh is not 8 hours but only 4. In my timezone it will be 2a.m.-6a.m. which forces me to go sleep about 3:00 or get up at 5:00. Last time during Galactus I was really irritated because of this.

Good point, and I sympathise, the 4 hour final refresh is unfair. Right now it works for me because it's noon to 4 pm, and I can take a lunch break, but if it was between 8 am and noon I'd be struggling and probably taking many toilet breaks.
  • smoq84
    Moon Roach wrote:
    smoq84 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Good point, and I sympathise, the 4 hour final refresh is unfair. Right now it works for me because it's noon to 4 pm, and I can take a lunch break, but if it was between 8 am and noon I'd be struggling and probably taking many toilet breaks.
    I will also add that my previous alliance was generally country-oriented, so almost every member was sleeping during last Galactus refresh. I was motivated to get up in the middle of the night to make full clear, but most of my mates wasn't which was the reason we didn't finish the round. So I wasn't sleeping hoping for cover and got nothing icon_razz.gif