Civil War Complaints

Comments

• Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Skygazing wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    One of the four boss rewards, everyone's favorite, a crit boost!

bluecrit.pnggreencrit.pngpurplecrit.pngredcrit.pngyellowcrit.pngwhitecrit.pngicon_evil.gif

That's embarrassing, and frankly unacceptable. They changed it for Ultron after we complained and now they brought it back?

And they had such a good chance to make it good: 1CP / 1000 ISO / 500 ISO / 25 HP

Do we know that this is persistent for the rest of the event though? I could see better rewards cropping up in rounds 5 and up, since 4 and below are usually finished quickly enough that not every alliance-mate has a shot at those rewards anyway.

I wish / I hope. However, I can confirm that round 5 has the same rewards.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 tokens redeemed... 3 2* **** received.

I'm in my IronMan vault... and I pulled a 2* cap... wth?
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Yeah the vaults leave a bit to be desired. Maybe if they gave event-specific legend tokens instead of the regular kind it would be better.
    Also a more desirable set of covers to earn. Feels a bit odd to only have 3 4*s and so few good 3*s to compensate.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    The vaults are epic fail. Not sure what is worse a Vault or normal token as I seem to get 2* rewards from both. I am a day 600+ player, I need 2* rewards like I need another ***.

*Admin edited to remove language.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    New rounds not unlocking right away?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Galactus, new rounds haven't automatically unlocked the boss fight or side nodes.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Orion wrote:
    Our alliance all voted a week ago to be on team Cap for this run, but we're all realists. When we saw the **** reward of FailCap, we jumped over to Stark's side. I guess the moral of this story is that our alliance can be bought for some Hulkbuster covers.

Hey, I was the lone voter for IM, though to be be fair that's because I liked the 5* IM more than I liked Cap.

Also, my wife is an engineer, so she definitely Team IM....
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread is a microcosm of this entire forum. Players complain constantly here no matter what. When the usual topics of complaint are gone the forum just moves on to new ones. In the spirit of not being one of the complainers I thought I'd hand out some kudos on some frequent complaints that I see here as they pertain to this event.

Frequent complaint #1 - Lack of communication. Communication has been pretty good from where I am sitting with plenty of lead time on the boosted players and event. Even got updates this morning on the server issues. Which leads right in to

Complaint #2 - Server issues with new events. For the most part wasn't too bad this afternoon. Little hiccups but nothing too severe. Good job by the devs getting extra servers to handle the load.

Complaint #3 - Rewards not being up to snuff. I got CP four out of the 5 times I fought Cap, not sure what the complaints here are about. As for the difference between FalCap covers and Hulkbuster covers pretty sure every alliance got to weigh that ahead of time and decide what they wanted to do. I know ideologically my alliance was more pro-Cap but we decided to go Team Iron Man because that seemed to fit our team goals a little better. Sure there could be mountains of ISO8 dropped around during this event and some players would be much happier but all in all a 10% shot at a specific 5* hero and a guaranteed 5* cover if the alliance plays well enough are much better than what is usually offered in PVE events. Even with the extra rewards plenty of people found cause to complain.

Complaint #4 - PVE should be all progression based. Well, this event is exactly that. So what happens, people start to complain about the total points needed to hit the legendary token.

And then people wonder why the devs have "lack of communication". There is never any way of pleasing this user base.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Well i wish this was the normal system or atleast run one alliance event every month even if its a repeat event alot of games repeat stuff. giving us something like this is putting alliances to use.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    revskip wrote:
    This thread is a microcosm of this entire forum. Players complain constantly here no matter what. When the usual topics of complaint are gone the forum just moves on to new ones. In the spirit of not being one of the complainers I thought I'd hand out some kudos on some frequent complaints that I see here as they pertain to this event.

Frequent complaint #1 - Lack of communication. Communication has been pretty good from where I am sitting with plenty of lead time on the boosted players and event. Even got updates this morning on the server issues. Which leads right in to

Complaint #2 - Server issues with new events. For the most part wasn't too bad this afternoon. Little hiccups but nothing too severe. Good job by the devs getting extra servers to handle the load.

Complaint #3 - Rewards not being up to snuff. I got CP four out of the 5 times I fought Cap, not sure what the complaints here are about. As for the difference between FalCap covers and Hulkbuster covers pretty sure every alliance got to weigh that ahead of time and decide what they wanted to do. I know ideologically my alliance was more pro-Cap but we decided to go Team Iron Man because that seemed to fit our team goals a little better. Sure there could be mountains of ISO8 dropped around during this event and some players would be much happier but all in all a 10% shot at a specific 5* hero and a guaranteed 5* cover if the alliance plays well enough are much better than what is usually offered in PVE events. Even with the extra rewards plenty of people found cause to complain.

Complaint #4 - PVE should be all progression based. Well, this event is exactly that. So what happens, people start to complain about the total points needed to hit the legendary token.

And then people wonder why the devs have "lack of communication". There is never any way of pleasing this user base.
    Communication has been great this event!
    Server issues were brief, and fixed within 10-15 minutes, and communicated!
    Rewards are nice, even though very difficult to get. 5* if your team can make it, it's a first for sure! Hulk Buster over FailCap seemed a no-brainer to our group, despite many preferring the philosophy of Cap.

Vaults suck. I always hate the vaults as they are currently implemented and I will continue to hate them. Especially when I cash in my tokens for 2*'s. For those who buy token packs, vaults are a great deal because they guarantee you some 4* and an LT for a fixed amount of cash, for everyone else it's the same crapshoot, you just get to see the **** you're gonna get and the awesomeness you didn't get.

I do love these alliance based events though. I enjoy the game play, and the setup, though I have not liked the change of not refreshing the nodes when the boss round is complete. That is bothersome, and I will continue to see it as bothersome.

Some people complain for the sake of complaining, and some complaints are valid. The devs will determine which they consider valid, and we will continue to express our desires for change (sometimes classified as complaints) in order to try and achieve said change.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 CP from Cap is extremely lucky, got it once. Then received critical boosts for every sub node reward.

Likewise the vault complaints are completely justified. Vaults simply need to add more four stars to better reflect the vast number of characters.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The vault needed to have fewer 2*s in them. Would it really be game-breaking to have the ratio of 2*s to 3*s and above be closer to 40/40 instead of 26/54?
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    wymtime wrote:
    On another not did anyone notice how high the individual progression is on this event for a legendary token? I feel that is a lot higher than galactus or Ultron events, or is it just me?

1.228M? Depends which run you mean. On 1st run of Galactus the max prog was 1.2M. Lowered to 900K on the 2nd run LOL

I also feel like health totals are lower for this event. Which would make things harder. Basic Number comparisons bear me out with that. Also the amount required for wins is higher. I really don't see many of the alliances clearing all eight levels of this event, and While I managed Top progression prizes in Both Big G runs. (Even if the first was monstrously difficult and a large waste of HC, and... so many problems.) I don't think I will here. Just... doing my math. (Mostly because I don't have Quake, and if she drops me four runs. That might be enough.)

Civil War
    Round 1: 6122
    Round 2: 9100
    Round 3: 12000
    Round 4: 14939
    Round 5: 19289
    Round 6:
    Round 7:
    Round 8:

Galactus
    Round 1 8320
    Round 2 10320
    Round 3 12320
    Round 4 16320
    Round 5 20320
    Round 6 24320
    Round 7 28320
    Round 8 32320
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Ok....so on Cap's team, for many of us die-hard comic nerds the only team, you earn an almost worthless 4* in Failcap. On Tony's team, you earn covers for an elite 4* character that almost everyone wants in IMHB. This sucks!!!! Of all the 4*s you could earn, Failcap is one of the very last any player would pick. Why would you make the sides so uneven right from the get go?? I feel like every time I get even a little excited about a new event, the devs make sure and ruin it.

I love Flaptain America icon_cry.gif
  • frostCoH
    frostCoH Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Linkster79 wrote:
    The vaults are epic fail. Not sure what is worse a Vault or normal token as I seem to get 2* rewards from both. I am a day 600+ player, I need 2* rewards like I need another ***.

OMG THIS! The vaults are hot smelly garbage.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The ridiculous start time for this event. Having a single start time is incredibly unfair for people in different parts of the world. My nodes unlock at 1am, how is that fair?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's one. We've had an alliance member go rogue and ignore the alliance vote for team cap. He has all of his points on the wrong side. Told him to stop in the alliance chat, but his score on team Iron Man keeps going up.

If we kick him, he's still in the alliance tally for the duration of the event. Commanders don't have the tools they need to do proper team administration for things like this.
  • Ctenko

Galactus had an artificially linear health progression. Expect the health of these playable characters to ramp up in an exponential fashion. 45-50K by round 8. There was already an incremental jump from round 4 to round 5. Even if it's linear from rd 5 on, it will be no worse than Galactus.

Missing Quake? No prob. Just hope over to the other side, beat that node, and voila, you've just unlocked both boss battles again.

Sweet. I was looking at it through a linear model, only based on the first four rounds. And I arrived just a little under your numbers in the other thread. 31489 for round 8. Using those numbers it is possible to hit your max. But you need just about every point if you had a single clear in rounds 1-3. And of course All 60 possible clears. (Under four hour time limit, and waiting for your alliance to start you round four...)

And if you did a Full set of clears in rounds 1-3. Well It just wasn't possible with that math. Hence my getting worried. But it is nice to know there is a workaround for unlocking the boss node through Cap's side. I really hope it isn't with the Bucky Node though. Then I'll be just as hooped.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Here's one. We've had an alliance member go rogue and ignore the alliance vote for team cap. He has all of his points on the wrong side. Told him to stop in the alliance chat, but his score on team Iron Man keeps going up.

If we kick him, he's still in the alliance tally for the duration of the event. Commanders don't have the tools they need to do proper team administration for things like this.

We have one rogue too. I had no misconceptions of beating round 8 with my casual alliance anyway, but it's still annoying. Oh well. *shrug*
  • Ctenko
    We have two rogues. They've beat Cap stage One together already. I didn't think we'd finish Stage eight though. So It's possible we'll just forget about getting an Iron Man Mark XLVI and just get a stage six Cap reward.