'Civil War' Details - Part II

Options

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wanted to say that once again I really enjoy all the artwork. The event "logos" and the backgrounds look great
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Options
    • The featured characters for each side for the first run of the Civil War Event:
    o Team Iron Man - Team Iron Man (any), Iron Man (Any), Black Panther, Black Widow (Any), Mr. Fantastic, Vision, Quake, Ares, Captain Marvel (any)

Why am I staring at a Spider-Man required node right now? I would have kept a cover around if he'd been listed. Not cool, D3. Not cool.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mazerat wrote:
    • The featured characters for each side for the first run of the Civil War Event:
    o Team Iron Man - Team Iron Man (any), Iron Man (Any), Black Panther, Black Widow (Any), Mr. Fantastic, Vision, Quake, Ares, Captain Marvel (any)

Why am I staring at a Spider-Man required node right now? I would have kept a cover around if he'd been listed. Not cool, D3. Not cool.
    If you don't have any required character you can do the corresponding fight on the other side to unlock the boss fight and then switch back to your chosen side.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    mazerat wrote:

If you don't have any required character you can do the corresponding fight on the other side to unlock the boss fight and then switch back to your chosen side.

Yeah, but I have sold countless 1-star Spider-Men over the last couple weeks because he wasn't listed as a required character. Also his Cap equivalent was Hawkeye so, y'know, not exactly a character people are likely to have sitting around their rosters.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    Options
    As predicted outside node scaling just got turned on, 310 enemies for me
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    As predicted outsude node scaling just got turned on, 310 enemies for me

Ugh! What a pain. I don't,mind slightly harder nodes, but I was enjoying the speed with which I could done clear when Only the boss node was a challenge.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dear Demiurge,

There are oodles of numbers between 28 and 280. Why not give a few of those a try next time?

Best,
    Doc
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those who haven't noticed: if Captain America or (I assume) Iron Man summon allies, you don't have to defeat them. Defeating the main boss removes the allies as well.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just dont get how they manage to muck up every single event. What is the reason for running 2 days with level 40 nodes and then suddenly decide to crank them up to 200 for the final 2 and a half? Why? Why would you do that? They really are a mind boggling set of people.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just dont get how they manage to muck up every single event. What is the reason for running 2 days with level 40 nodes and then suddenly decide to crank them up to 200 for the final 2 and a half? Why? Why would you do that? They really are a mind boggling set of people.

I am sure that they always intended scaling to be turned on the whole time. The low level side-nodes were a mistake that has now been corrected.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    For those who haven't noticed: if Captain America or (I assume) Iron Man summon allies, you don't have to defeat them. Defeating the main boss removes the allies as well.

Iron Man's drones jump in front of him when using a power. They don't jump in front with match damage.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

I am sure that they always intended scaling to be turned on the whole time. The low level side-nodes were a mistake that has now been corrected.

But if thats the case, how does it take 2 days for them to even spot it? What are these people doing? Staring at the ceiling the whole time?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TazFTW wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Iron Man's drones jump in front of him when using a power. They don't jump in front with match damage.

Yes they do. It's damage dependent, like The Thing or 3* Deadpool's passive.
  • Coik
    Coik Posts: 19
    Options
    mazerat wrote:
    Also his Cap equivalent was Hawkeye so, y'know, not exactly a character people are likely to have sitting around their rosters.

I actually keep Hawkeye on my roster precisely because I've learned that D3 just loves to make him essential for these types of events.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    Coik wrote:
    mazerat wrote:
    Also his Cap equivalent was Hawkeye so, y'know, not exactly a character people are likely to have sitting around their rosters.

I actually keep Hawkeye on my roster precisely because I've learned that D3 just loves to make him essential for these types of events.

hawkeye is an avenger so hes going to be a featured character in these events. so youre either stuck with a 1/2 version or youre advocating they make a 4/5 version. no thanks.
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Just wanted to say that once again I really enjoy all the artwork. The event "logos" and the backgrounds look great

I love CAP's head.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Coik wrote:
    mazerat wrote:

hawkeye is an avenger so hes going to be a featured character in these events. so youre either stuck with a 1/2 version or youre advocating they make a 4/5 version. no thanks.

I may be in the vast minority. But I'd be ok with a Four Star Hawkeye. Maybe Ronin. (Wish it were Surgeon though. Best Hawkeye.) Makes about as much sense as Kingpin, or Starlord without his Elemental gun. Or Howard the Duck. Hell Back in Black Spiderman is a Five star. And he is not the symbiote Spiderman, that is just Peter wearing a Black Costume. I get he was ansgty and violent and full of venegance. But. He's still Spiderman. Somehow on the power level of Surfer and Phoenix though.

or were you saying you just don't want anymore Hawkeyes.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,996 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    round 2 stars in 4 hours and not a PEEP about if its the same as round 1 or not
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

round 2 is may 26th.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

round 2 is may 26th.
    Also, the devs are on California time and it's 5.30AM over there. Give them time to get into the office at least Before expecting an official response.