'Civil War' Details - Part II

Options

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not a question, just a comment. Getting responses to the questions from someone in the know is great - thanks Anthony! More of this please.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is Plan B for if the servers go down? Plan A of "Go to the pub” hasn't been too successful in the past.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,000 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These 30 CP tokens for a 10% shot...

is it 10% shot at capt american and another vault that shows 10% for iron man.. Or is it just 5% on each
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They have separate "stores". So you can buy a cap token for a 10% chance at 5teve, or an IM token for a shot at 5tark.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I understand the comment that alliances should not be able to fully complete both Team sides. But if an Alliance beats one half with time to spare, they could still complete a few rounds of the other side for a few tokens/covers, right? Or cut losses... my Alliance would probably make it into Round 7 but not finish it, and switching at that point could get us through a few rounds on the other side.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    I understand the comment that alliances should not be able to fully complete both Team sides. But if an Alliance beats one half with time to spare, they could still complete a few rounds of the other side for a few tokens/covers, right? Or cut losses... my Alliance would probably make it into Round 7 but not finish it, and switching at that point could get us through a few rounds on the other side.

i imagine this would be a fine alternative if youre going to forego trying for the 5* alliance cover. if you switch and go back to fighting the other early round boss fights, those would probably be at substantially lower point values and may impact your individual progression points and the higher awards on that end.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone analyzed the bosses to try to figure out which one will be harder to defeat at higher rounds?
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone analyzed the bosses to try to figure out which one will be harder to defeat at higher rounds?

Who cares, team Iron Man has the best rewards. Do you really want Failcap and Fivecapfail?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    What is Plan B for if the servers go down? Plan A of "Go to the pub” hasn't been too successful in the past.

"if"

hahahahahah
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    notamutant wrote:

Who cares, team Iron Man has the best rewards. Do you really want Failcap and Fivecapfail?

But 5* Cap looks sweet especially if you combine him with that Falcap passive to activate the one turn countdown tiles.

Hulkbuster is top tier according to many but characters that self harm just aren't for me. I prefer PVE teams especially for fun survival nodes and Falcap is fun for those boosting his own defense tiles icon_e_smile.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

But 5* Cap looks sweet especially if you combine him with that Falcap passive to activate the one turn countdown tiles.

Hulkbuster is top tier according to many but characters that self harm just aren't for me. I prefer PVE teams especially for fun survival nodes and Falcap is fun for those boosting his own defense tiles icon_e_smile.gif

If you want an OP survival team, you should be looking at either true healer teams (patch, 2/3daken, x23, xpool) or continuous healing teams (kamala+cheap abilities teammates). By the time you get faptain's protect tiles up and running, your team might be down to 10% health when the last wave in a survival node hits.
  • mpqrulz
    mpqrulz Posts: 12
    Options
    So what's everyone planning on doing in 2.5 hrs when the servers go down? For people in the right time zones might be a good time to go watch the movie!

Hehe. Hope it doesn't go down, just eagerly awaiting for the event to start!! And the movie!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:

5* Cap's countdown skill always ends the turn, and since they're 1 turn tiles, Falcap isn't going to speed up anything.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqrulz wrote:
    So what's everyone planning on doing in 2.5 hrs when the servers go down?
    I heard we were going to the pub.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder, would it be possible for 1 alliance to defeat both teams? 10 players focus on Team Cap, 10 on Team IM.

Individual progression is 1.23 million x10 would be 12 million on each boss
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think someone said it's 21 million total to clear round 8.
  • Jared86
    Jared86 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi,

Been waiting to open a bunch of tokens for Drax to be added - where is he? Wasn't he supposed to be added today?
    He will not be. We are planning on adding Drax to the Legendary packs this Thursday. 4-Stars between normal and Civil War stores will be the same.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think someone said it's 21 million total to clear round 8.
    You're right, i forgot rounds were cumulative
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    JVReal wrote:
    The power descriptions imply that you will not be playing 3 against 1 as is normal for these boss battles. Each one has an ability that calls in reinforcements. Does this mean that we will be fighting 3 vs 3, or 3 vs 2, with 1 or 2 of the enemies being AI controlled characters? Will they have active powers? If they don't, will they be AP feeders like other goons? IM needs AP to call his reinforcements but Cap's ability is Passive, so on Turn 1, he will pull in 1 playable character and create a fortified tile, that if you destroy, gets put right back in (because it is a "solo" battle)... are these characters fully covered, scaled up versions of these characters?
    The battle starts as a battle against the boss and reinforcements come out if they are able to activate their abilities. Iron Man Drones function very similarly to the playable character's power and Steve Rogers summons an ally that has normal abilities.
    So the Cap boss battle will always be 3 vs 2 due to his passive. Stun the reinforcement and target Steve. Kind of lame to be fighting a boss with 6 abilities.
    Ok, I had read the ability wrong, I thought Steve called out a playable character that lasted as long as the CD tile was out. This works out much better, and is more manageable to have the CD tile count down to when the character arrives.

Can you lock the reinforced tile with a force bubble, or do you have to break the reinforcement first? And if you lock the CD Tile, does he generate a new one? If he generates a new one, and then the bubble is broken, and both CD tiles resolve, does he get two reinforcements?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Can you lock the reinforced tile with a force bubble, or do you have to break the reinforcement first? And if you lock the CD Tile, does he generate a new one? If he generates a new one, and then the bubble is broken, and both CD tiles resolve, does he get two reinforcements?
    not sure about the IW questions but 4jean removes the tile and the fortification remains on just a plain tile. that buys some extra time if you want to go that route.