'Civil War' Details - Part II

Comments

• Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    ....just as bad as Galactus. D3 doesn't learn their lessons. I'm an S5 PvE player and I didn't have Nova for the beginning of Galactus, and now I won't have Winter Soldier for the beginning of Civil War. Thanks a lot, guys...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Are Sam Wilson and Hulkbuster going to be prizes for both runs of the Civil War event? Or will it be two other 4 star characters?
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    What about 2 star to 3 star transitioners do we get any love my highest 3* are between 7-9 covers and its only 6 maybe 7 of them
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    • Notable progression rewards for each side are:

o Team Cap:
     Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) and Scarlet Witch Covers, Team Cap vault tokens and a Team Cap Legendary token
     Round Awards - Team Cap vault tokens, Sam Wilson covers, a Team Cap Legendary token and a yellow power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger)

o Team Iron Man:
     Player Awards - Black WIdow (Original) and Black Panther Covers, Team Iron Man vault tokens and a Team Iron Man Legendary token
     Round Awards - Team Iron Man vault tokens, Iron Man (Hulkbuster) covers, a Team Iron Man Legendary token and a red power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI)

Will player and alliance progression rewards be the same during both runs of the event or do they change?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Thevipper wrote:
    What about 2 star to 3 star transitioners do we get any love my highest 3* are between 7-9 covers and its only 6 maybe 7 of them

Sounds like Team Cap gets SWitch covers and Team Iron Man gets BP covers.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards

o Team Cap:
     Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) and Scarlet Witch Covers, Team Cap vault tokens and a Team Cap Legendary token
     Round Awards - Team Cap vault tokens, Sam Wilson covers, a Team Cap Legendary token and a yellow power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger)

o Team Iron Man:
     Player Awards - Black WIdow (Original) and Black Panther Covers, Team Iron Man vault tokens and a Team Iron Man Legendary token
     Round Awards - Team Iron Man vault tokens, Iron Man (Hulkbuster) covers, a Team Iron Man Legendary token and a red power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI)

Something tells me this is going to be Ultron 1/Galactus 1 type impossible, they aren't going to just give away free 5☆ covers
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

o Team Cap:

o Team Iron Man:

Something tells me this is going to be Ultron 1/Galactus 1 type impossible, they aren't going to just give away free 5☆ covers
    We might be able to stun the 5* this event though icon_rolleyes.gif
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    wymtime wrote:
    Unfortunately, the boss versions of Steve and Iron Man each have a Passive preventing theme from being stunned or sent airborne.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    For essentials why does it say (e.g.) Team Iron Man - Team Iron Man (any) and then list a subset of Team Iron Man characters? Spider-Man has the Iron Man affiliation on all his versions but isn't listed in the subset. Is he a possible essential or not?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    mazerat wrote:
    For essentials why does it say (e.g.) Team Iron Man - Team Iron Man (any) and then list a subset of Team Iron Man characters? Spider-Man has the Iron Man affiliation on all his versions but isn't listed in the subset. Is he a possible essential or not?

If this works like Galactus/Ultron there are multiple feeder nodes, each with a different essential. It's saying that for one of the feeder nodes, all you need to have is any one of the Team Cap/Team Iron Man characters to play it, you can choose any one of them.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    wymtime wrote:
    Unfortunately, the boss versions of Steve and Iron Man each have a Passive preventing theme from being stunned or sent airborne.

Huh? Where does it say that? I haven't read that in any of the info given so far.
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Huh? Where does it say that? I haven't read that in any of the info given so far.

It's in the very first post as part of their respective red abilities.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Are we supposed to lose?
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    So...

Team Cap: requires Winter Soldier which nobody has and reward is Sam Wilson

Team Iron Man: the newest required character is Quake and rewards Hulkbuster

Is it fair? icon_razz.gif
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Will there be some kind of sale?im sittin on a pile of cash that im saving and i only buy in the sales.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Re: 'Civil War' Details - Part II

by smoq84 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:47 am

So...

Team Cap: requires Winter Soldier which nobody has and reward is Sam Wilson

Team Iron Man: the newest required character is Quake and rewards Hulkbuster

Is it fair? icon_razz.gif

It is... flavourful...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Varg138 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      • The Civil War event starts at 12:00pm EDT on Thursday May 5th and will run for three and a half days. There will be a second run of the event at 12:00pm EDT on Thursday May 26th. • Winter Soldier will be a featured hero for Team Cap during the first run of the event. War Machine will be a featured hero for Team Iron Man during the second run of the event.

You are neglecting the issue of the event overlap with shard 3-5 of the Hulk PVE. Players in those shards will not be done or have earned WS yet. Additionally, as has happened with each run of events like this, the servers will be overloaded, which again affects those player still in Hulk PVE, especially shard 3. This should be pushed back one day

This has happened in every single boss event. It will happen again. Stop making the same mistakes every single time!
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I remember one more problem from Galactus event: the last refresh wasn't 8 hours but less (something like 3 hours), for my timezone it were 3 hours in the middle of the night so almost nobody from my alliance could make their final blow and we missed the round reward.
    I guess nothing changed, but I will cross my fingers for fixing this icon_razz.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Questions:

The power descriptions imply that you will not be playing 3 against 1 as is normal for these boss battles. Each one has an ability that calls in reinforcements. Does this mean that we will be fighting 3 vs 3, or 3 vs 2, with 1 or 2 of the enemies being AI controlled characters? Will they have active powers? If they don't, will they be AP feeders like other goons? IM needs AP to call his reinforcements but Cap's ability is Passive, so on Turn 1, he will pull in 1 playable character and create a fortified tile, that if you destroy, gets put right back in (because it is a "solo" battle)... are these characters fully covered, scaled up versions of these characters?

IM:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]House Party Protocol - 8 Yellow AP
    Welcome to the party, boys. Iron Man empties the vaults and calls his back-up armor to his aid. Replaces up to two of Iron Man’s downed or missing teammates with autonomous Iron Man Drones.

(PASSIVE) When Iron Man becomes downed, down all House Party Protocol Drones.
    CAP:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Earth’s Mightiest Vigilantes - 0 Yellow AP
    (PASSIVE) Captain America calls his allies to stand by his side. If Cap is the last member of his team and one does not already exist, creates a Fortified Countdown tile which adds Sam Wilson, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, or Winter Soldier to his team.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone have this sneaking suspicion that the Boss characters will be just way, way OP and make Galactus I seem like a cakewalk?