'Civil War' Details - Part II

Options

Comments

• whoami24601
    Options
    Thank you for the information given so far. My alliance is looking at it to determine which faction we will play (some of us ignoring ideological differences to do so icon_lol.gif ).

What would be very helpful to know would be the full list of essentials, boosted, and prizes for the second wave as well. I would like to see whatever story elements are presented on both sides as well as play both sides of the event in the second waves. Since it is selectable in both runs (rather than run 1 being IM or Cap and the other reversed) this would allow us to make the most informed choice about how to play the events.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mazerat wrote:
    For essentials why does it say (e.g.) Team Iron Man - Team Iron Man (any) and then list a subset of Team Iron Man characters? Spider-Man has the Iron Man affiliation on all his versions but isn't listed in the subset. Is he a possible essential or not?

If this works like Galactus/Ultron there are multiple feeder nodes, each with a different essential. It's saying that for one of the feeder nodes, all you need to have is any one of the Team Cap/Team Iron Man characters to play it, you can choose any one of them.
    I figured it was a typo and they just meant Iron Man (any).
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's some answers to a few questions that are relevant to the event. Let me know if you have any others. Thanks!
    When you say "Only that side progresses to the next round," does that mean that you'll start with Round 1 IM and Round 1 Cap, and then if your alliance beats Round 1 IM, you'll have Round 2 IM and Round 1 Cap available?

So if you finish Round 8 IM, your alliance can hop over and finish the event by playing against Cap, maybe making it through some early Cap rounds as well?

Or if an alliance hits a wall in say, Round 6, they can start on the opposite one so that they can at least keep playing the entire event?
    correct for all 3 questions
    TxMoose wrote:
    I either missed it or it isn't 100% clear. will this be a limited roster to only the team members? so if we play team cap, we can only play with team cap members? or does it just determine who is boosted? thanks.
    You can use anyone on either side. The side you pick dictates the Featured Character missions you play against and who is Powered-Up.
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Question on the supporting character missions: will those be regular fights with one essential character, like in Ultron/Galactus, or one on one fights, like in the promo vid?
    They are normal fights, like with Galactus. Some are against three opponents, others are against a couple of waves.
    Dauthi wrote:
    Are the 5*s promotional like Devil Dino and Howard, or will they be added to the packs later?
    Nope. They will be added to Latest Legends after the second run of Civil War.
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Also, as for the the event legendary tokens, will all the 4* be in those, or will each of those only have a draw chance for the 4* on that particular team?
    The Civil War Legendary packs fuction very similarly to Latest and Classic Legend packs. The only difference with the Civil War Packs is that the Rogers pack offers a 10% chance of a Steve Rogers (First Avenger) cover and the Stark pack offers a 10% chance of a Iron Man (Mark XLVI) cover.
    If my team plays with team Cap against IM, do we win the 5 star.png Cap cover? Or is it random? See, I really really really reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy want 5 star.png Steve. So I need to know which team I need to play on to get it.

AND, will the 2nd run in a few weeks offer a 5 star.png reward as well? So if I get Steve this time, can I get IM on the next run?

The covers offered for completing round 8 is a specific cover.
    rkd80 wrote:
    States that these legendary packs be purchased by cp or HP!?? Is that correct...that would be the first time legendary tokens can be purchased via HP and sounds a bit dangerous...

Just Command Points (30 CP).
    BigBZ32 wrote:
    It's been mentioned that Winter Soldier would have some sort of requirement. If you choose Team IM, is that requirement not needed? Will there still be a Winter Soldier node regardless?
    There are Featured Character missions for choosing Team Cap. However, these missions do not start to appear for 18 hours (on the third wave) from when the event starts. War Machine will be the same deal, except he will have a featured character mission for Team Iron Man (again, on the third wave of the second run).
    I'm assuming the answer is no, but will the boss fight unlock when your alliance finishes a round?
    Round completion does not change the unlock state of any of the missions.
    Thanks for the info. A couple of those alternative abilities sound better than the playable ones. Also, if WS is in the Rogers vaults this time, will War Machine be in the Stark vault for the second run?
    Yes.
    HaywireII wrote:
    Are Sam Wilson and Hulkbuster going to be prizes for both runs of the Civil War event? Or will it be two other 4 star characters?
    The rewards for the second run have not been finalized yet. Probably, but don't hold me to it icon_e_wink.gif
    JVReal wrote:
    The power descriptions imply that you will not be playing 3 against 1 as is normal for these boss battles. Each one has an ability that calls in reinforcements. Does this mean that we will be fighting 3 vs 3, or 3 vs 2, with 1 or 2 of the enemies being AI controlled characters? Will they have active powers? If they don't, will they be AP feeders like other goons? IM needs AP to call his reinforcements but Cap's ability is Passive, so on Turn 1, he will pull in 1 playable character and create a fortified tile, that if you destroy, gets put right back in (because it is a "solo" battle)... are these characters fully covered, scaled up versions of these characters?
    The battle starts as a battle against the boss and reinforcements come out if they are able to activate their abilities. Iron Man Drones function very similarly to the playable character's power and Steve Rogers summons an ally that has normal abilities.
  • BlackSheep101
    Options
    Thanks for all the answers!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2016
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    The power descriptions imply that you will not be playing 3 against 1 as is normal for these boss battles. Each one has an ability that calls in reinforcements. Does this mean that we will be fighting 3 vs 3, or 3 vs 2, with 1 or 2 of the enemies being AI controlled characters? Will they have active powers? If they don't, will they be AP feeders like other goons? IM needs AP to call his reinforcements but Cap's ability is Passive, so on Turn 1, he will pull in 1 playable character and create a fortified tile, that if you destroy, gets put right back in (because it is a "solo" battle)... are these characters fully covered, scaled up versions of these characters?
    The battle starts as a battle against the boss and reinforcements come out if they are able to activate their abilities. Iron Man Drones function very similarly to the playable character's power and Steve Rogers summons an ally that has normal abilities.
    So the Cap boss battle will always be 3 vs 2 due to his passive. Stun the reinforcement and target Steve. Kind of lame to be fighting a boss with 6 abilities.
  • Koffitok
    Koffitok Posts: 87
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    So the Cap boss battle will always be 3 vs 2 due to his passive.
    Unless you're really good at matching CDs I guess. icon_razz.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are Featured Character missions for choosing Team Cap. However, these missions do not start to appear for 18 hours (on the third wave) from when the event starts. War Machine will be the same deal, except he will have a featured character mission for Team Iron Man (again, on the third wave of the second run).

Respect for not starting new char required nodes until after all slices of the Hulk event have ended. That's a nice, simple adjustment that will relieve some frustration. Well done.
  • rollx
    rollx Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Any plans for a potential sell on ISO or HP? We are going to need it to enjoy all the goodies of extra characters and vaults. icon_twisted.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rollx wrote:
    Any plans for a potential sell on ISO or HP? We are going to need it to enjoy all the goodies of extra characters and vaults. icon_twisted.gif

Or even better, plans for higher resources divvied out to the entire user-base (ISO/HP/CP) since so many characters have been introduced lately?
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will say that I am a little upset that they aren't offering us an free cover for the Winter Soldier as they have done in the past with the Ant Man event. For all of those who aren't lucky enough to place in PVE or PVP, they are going to be missing out on a very important cover, and that will hurt their chances at competing in the Civil War event, the biggest event of the year.

As it stands Miles Morales is the only 4* character I don't have, and as it just so happens he is a required character in the Winter Soldier PVE. It really sucks that not being able to compete in this PVP will tarnish my opportunity at playing the Civil War event.
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    I will say that I am a little upset that they aren't offering us an free cover for the Winter Soldier as they have done in the past with the Ant Man event. For all of those who aren't lucky enough to place in PVE or PVP, they are going to be missing out on a very important cover, and that will hurt their chances at competing in the Civil War event, the biggest event of the year.

As it stands Miles Morales is the only 4* character I don't have, and as it just so happens he is a required character in the Winter Soldier PVE. It really sucks that not being able to compete in this PVP will tarnish my opportunity at playing the Civil War event.

If you choose team Iron Man, you won't have winter soldier essentials.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

Re-read Anthony's response

18 hours after event starts, Many hours after Hulk PVE ends, everyone will have their WS in time for the first essential node.

Question: Will WS be added to Legendaries in time for the CW events?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Here's some answers to a few questions that are relevant to the event. Let me know if you have any others. Thanks!
    When you say "Only that side progresses to the next round," does that mean that you'll start with Round 1 IM and Round 1 Cap, and then if your alliance beats Round 1 IM, you'll have Round 2 IM and Round 1 Cap available?

So if you finish Round 8 IM, your alliance can hop over and finish the event by playing against Cap, maybe making it through some early Cap rounds as well?

Or if an alliance hits a wall in say, Round 6, they can start on the opposite one so that they can at least keep playing the entire event?

Thanks, Anthony!!! Followup question to those ones: If I or other alliance members wanted to go all HAM on this event and play both sides in tandem during each run, is there any detriment to doing so? If my alliance is focused on Team Cap, and I put some personal playtime into Team IM whenever all my Cap nodes are refreshing, that wouldn't take away or diminish previous effort/points on Cap-side, would it?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thanks, Anthony!!! Followup question to those ones: If I or other alliance members wanted to go all HAM on this event and play both sides in tandem during each run, is there any detriment to doing so? If my alliance is focused on Team Cap, and I put some personal playtime into Team IM whenever all my Cap nodes are refreshing, that wouldn't take away or diminish previous effort/points on Cap-side, would it?

When you clear a node on one side, the mirror node on the other is also locked. So if you finish all your Cap nodes, all the IM ones will be locked out.
  • BlackSheep101
    Options
    So you'll be taking away opportunities to fight the boss, which lowers your chances of clearing all 8 rounds and reaching the highest progression prizes.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification, Malcrof & Blacksheep!
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I guess there is no loss in playing the opposite nodes of characters we don't have. Like, for example, if I don't win a Winter Soldier, I cannot play that node in Team Cap, so it doesn't matter if I block it by playing the Quake node (or whatever the equivalent is) in the Team Iron Man event, for a chance at a Critical Boost or 70 ISO-8.
  • udonomefoo
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

Re-read Anthony's response

Instead of telling me to re-read something I already read, why not tell me where I'm wrong, because I still don't see it.

RUN 1: New char essentials on Cap side only
    RUN 2: New char essentials on IM side only

Am I wrong? He wasn't complaining about not having Winter Soldier IN TIME for the event, he was complaining about not having him AT ALL. I presented what I believe is the solution to that. Please tell me what I'm missing.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    Are Sam Wilson and Hulkbuster going to be prizes for both runs of the Civil War event? Or will it be two other 4 star characters?
    The rewards for the second run have not been finalized yet. Probably, but don't hold me to it icon_e_wink.gif

Thank you for the information. One follow up... will the prizes be finalized and announced before the first event starts?
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:

If you give us the chance to get the Hulkbuster covers in the second running of the event I will hold you close and never let you go.