'Civil War' Details - Part II

Options

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So when these new cover go into the store does this mean we will no longer be able to get old man logan covers?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    So when these new cover go into the store does this mean we will no longer be able to get old man logan covers?
    You should still be able to get OML from the 20 CP Legendaries. He was the second Elite, so if they cycle out, Silver Surfer would be the first. Probably just reduced chance of the individual cover though and all four (SS, Phoenix, OML, and Spiderman Noir) oldest will be there. Hope these will be the last Elites of the summer. And the next legendaries are hopefully not until June.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    I will say that I am a little upset that they aren't offering us an free cover for the Winter Soldier as they have done in the past with the Ant Man event. For all of those who aren't lucky enough to place in PVE or PVP, they are going to be missing out on a very important cover, and that will hurt their chances at competing in the Civil War event, the biggest event of the year.

As it stands Miles Morales is the only 4* character I don't have, and as it just so happens he is a required character in the Winter Soldier PVE. It really sucks that not being able to compete in this PVP will tarnish my opportunity at playing the Civil War event.

If you choose team Iron Man, you won't have winter soldier essentials.

If you choose team stark for the first run is there a war machine essential in it? If not then that makes the iron man track the most accessible since you will need winter soldier for both runs of civil war to complete it.

If that's the case then who will the team iron man essential be on the first run?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Akari wrote:
    ....just as bad as Galactus. D3 doesn't learn their lessons. I'm an S5 PvE player and I didn't have Nova for the beginning of Galactus, and now I won't have Winter Soldier for the beginning of Civil War. Thanks a lot, guys...

You're supposed to blow a hundred bucks to empty out the vault for bucky! icon_twisted.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    Akari wrote:
    ....just as bad as Galactus. D3 doesn't learn their lessons. I'm an S5 PvE player and I didn't have Nova for the beginning of Galactus, and now I won't have Winter Soldier for the beginning of Civil War. Thanks a lot, guys...

You're supposed to blow a hundred bucks to empty out the vault for bucky! icon_twisted.gif

I was reading earlier that Winter Soldier wont show up until the later rounds. This would give the Hulk event plenty of time to end first.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here is a question for the dev team. If you alliance achieves all rewards on the IM team can they then start in on the cap team to achieve all possible rewards?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Here is a question for the dev team. If you alliance achieves all rewards on the IM team can they then start in on the cap team to achieve all possible rewards?

I think they've said that you can switch sides, but that it's unlikely that you'd have enough time to get all the rewards on the other side.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    I will say that I am a little upset that they aren't offering us an free cover for the Winter Soldier as they have done in the past with the Ant Man event. For all of those who aren't lucky enough to place in PVE or PVP, they are going to be missing out on a very important cover, and that will hurt their chances at competing in the Civil War event, the biggest event of the year.

As it stands Miles Morales is the only 4* character I don't have, and as it just so happens he is a required character in the Winter Soldier PVE. It really sucks that not being able to compete in this PVP will tarnish my opportunity at playing the Civil War event.

If you choose team Iron Man, you won't have winter soldier essentials.

If you choose team stark for the first run is there a war machine essential in it? If not then that makes the iron man track the most accessible since you will need winter soldier for both runs of civil war to complete it.

If that's the case then who will the team iron man essential be on the first run?
    The equivalent essential to Winter Soldier on IM's side was announced to be Quake for run 1. It isn't until run 2 that War Machine will be essential on the IM side, presumably a different character on Cap's side, maybe Falcap?
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So who is War Machine and when do we get a chance to "win" him then?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    action711 wrote:
    So who is War Machine and when do we get a chance to "win" him then?

War Machine (James Rhodes) is the next 4* character that's going to be introduced, presumably in the PvE before they run Civil War again.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Options
    This will be my first boss battle but you said: cap gets Scarlet Witch Covers and im gets Black Panther Covers. With Covers being plural does that mean were getting more than 1 cover for them? is it just 1 cover like a normal 3* progression reward in events? or is it just going to be a placement reward like at the end of an event?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thevipper wrote:
    This will be my first boss battle but you said: cap gets Scarlet Witch Covers and im gets Black Panther Covers. With Covers being plural does that mean were getting more than 1 cover for them? is it just 1 cover like a normal 3* progression reward in events? or is it just going to be a placement reward like at the end of an event?
    They will likely be rewards for finishing the rounds in Civil War.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thevipper wrote:

I suspect the previous response may not be useful to you. Based on the way they've announced things, here's what I think they are planning.

Round prizes, 1-4: Vault token for the appropriate side
    Round Prizes, 5-7: color-specific 3* cover (Scarlet Witch or Black Panther for this run)
    Round 8 prize: 5* Cap/IM cover, color-specific.

These trigger when your alliance completes the round. There will also be some variety of individual progression rewards. The exact way that has varied from Ultron to Galactus (and possibly now to Civil War).

Does that help?
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:

I suspect the previous response may not be useful to you. Based on the way they've announced things, here's what I think they are planning.

Round Prizes, 5-7: color-specific 3* cover (Scarlet Witch or Black Panther for this run)

These trigger when your alliance completes the round. There will also be some variety of individual progression rewards. The exact way that has varied from Ultron to Galactus (and possibly now to Civil War).

Does that help?
    The alliance round awards are the 4* covers, so sub in Imhb and Falcap there.
    The 3* covers are in the personal score progression awards, independent of the level of boss you are fighting; what remains to be seen is if the give 3 covers as the did in the first Ultron run, or 1 cover late on in progression as they did in other alliance events iirc.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:

Does that help?
    The 3* covers are in the personal score progression awards, independent of the level of boss you are fighting; what remains to be seen is if the give 3 covers as the did in the first Ultron run, or 1 cover late on in progression as they did in other alliance events iirc.

You know... I think you're right. Too many things on the brain at once today.
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Thevipper wrote:

Does that help?

ok I see so it could go ether way but lean more towards 1 cover, well thanks
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I would like to know if the Vaults will last almost a month until the second run ends?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to know if the Vaults will last almost a month until the second run ends?
    I would be very surprised if that was the case. I figure one vault per run.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Question: Will WS be added to Legendaries in time for the CW events?
    He will not be. We are planning on adding Drax to the Legendary packs this Thursday. 4-Stars between normal and Civil War stores will be the same.
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Will the prizes be finalized and announced before the first event starts?
    I don't think so.
    wymtime wrote:
    You wont be able to complete both sides.
    The vaults run the same time the event does. The contents of the vault reset in between runs of the event.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi Anthony, thanks for taking the time to clear things up for us. I have a question about team affiliations from the other thread for you:

Phoenix is listed as team IM in the list, but doesn't have that affiliation in the game. The same is true for OML/Team Cap. Is this an oversight? Due to the powersets for the new 5*, clarification would be really nice.

Also, on a slightly related note: is there anything you can tell us about changes to the odds of pulling particular 5* covers from classic legendary tokens once Spidey joins that one?