How will you remember Duck Season?

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    rawfsu wrote:
    A recycled PVE

Uh? how was the PVE recycled? It was entirely new!

I probably won't remember Duck Season at all, but I'll remember Webbed Wonder. It was hilarious.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will remember it as the season that my son was completely disinterested in a new character.

Me: "Hey, you wanna see my brand new character?"
    5-year-old son addicted to superheroes: "Yeah!"
    Me: "Howard, the Duck!"
    5yoS: "A duck?"
    Me: "Yeah. His name is Howard. He's a duck."
    5yoS: "I don't care".

Also, not hitting max progression on his event. I got two purple for initial placement and the "free" one in the last survival node. I'm pretty sure that will provide a gateway to an LT ala IW strategy, but I'm not looking forward to it. Probably a couple hours of matching enemy colors to prevent damage while the teeny tiny ducks do a couple hundred damage a turn.
  • Calnexin
    GrimSkald wrote:
    If they go with a lower level opponent

Oh, please, let it be Bagman. They've already got history, and Howard was pretty pissed about his fee...
  • Calnexin
    I'm also baffled by devices that are used to restrain the flow of a fluid, gas, or loose material or to prevent the spreading of sound or light in a particular direction, but that's not really important right now.

You leave our sunglasses out of this! I need to go buy some straws and traffic is loud.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I'll remember Duck Season as liking the story enough I checked out the Howard the Duck mini-series that was written by the same author (pen name Chip Zdarsky) and enjoying it immensely. (the Quinones art was snazzy too.)

I'll also remember it for finally getting me that elusive purpleflag.pngicon_redhulk.png cover I had needed forever. Though I suspect that memory will fade first.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will remember it for its wistful take on thwarted love.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    One word, mostly.

WAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUGHHH!!!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    I will remember it as the season that my son was completely disinterested in a new character.

Also, not hitting max progression on his event. I got two purple for initial placement and the "free" one in the last survival node. I'm pretty sure that will provide a gateway to an LT ala IW strategy, but I'm not looking forward to it. Probably a couple hours of matching enemy colors to prevent damage while the teeny tiny ducks do a couple hundred damage a turn.

Time to sit your son down to watch the 1986 classic Howard the Duck.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    Coming 2nd 58 pts in Webbed Wonder behind 1st, because the last match took 10 seconds too long..

Oh wow, that's awful, and it's to a roster of champ'd 5*s with a champ'd Rulk to boot. Insult to injury, that. I am so sorry.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:

If he wants to lose him forever, sure.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!

I just bought a 40 pack and didn't get a single ducking cover. NOT ONE! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Edit: Bought 1 10 pack and got 2 purples. Bought another and got nothing. So I went 2/60. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Confirmed: the game is tighter than Howard's bum when it comes to giving out Howard's covers.
  • Zix
    Zix Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    How will I remember it?

About as satisfying as the movie.

icon_neutral.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    The positives:

The character himself is fun, and his art is awesome.

The writing for Webbed Wonder was a lot of fun.

The negatives:

Max progression for Webbed Wonder was set too high.

The drop rates for Howard in all of the events is far too low. If you're going to do 'available for a limited time only', don't use the same drop rates as normal characters.

That and I'm a bit worried that this is a way to test the waters for the 'limited time only' release model, to see if it drives up sales. It's not something I'd like to see for too many characters in the future (preferably for none at all).
  • Calnexin

Nope. Lea Thompson in lingerie was a formative experience that is not appropriate to share with my children.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    My main memory will be that there were not enough covers being given out for a limited release character, there should have been enough fixed cover rewards in the pve that everyone should have got at least 1/1/1 before any placements rewards or tokens were taken into account.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    DuckyV wrote:

I just bought a 40 pack and didn't get a single ducking cover. NOT ONE! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Edit: Bought 1 10 pack and got 2 purples. Bought another and got nothing. So I went 2/60. icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Didn't you spend on the Vault? 40 pack there plus play tokens gives you pretty great chances.
  • Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    DuckyV wrote:

Didn't you spend on the Vault? 40 pack there plus play tokens gives you pretty great chances.

Odds were better in the Fowl Play pack
    4.8% compared to less than 1% in the vault.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    duck season. all sizzle and no steak.

wasted opportunity to do something actually fun for the players. oh wait, what was i thinking. fun dont pay the bills. icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    A well written new story for a character that I have little chance of getting much less building. icon_razz.gif