How will you remember Duck Season?

Comments

• Monged4life
    Monged4life Posts: 420
    Well I haven't picked this game up in a month now so can't comment on the 'event' itself, but you are wrong about wave nodes.

They operated that way for growth industry (least worth it 50hp I ever grinder for) and possibly the 3 hulk cho one before, you're just noticing it now because there's something you want, and 7 options.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Pretty much what Esheris and Xenoberyll said earlier. First the devs announce that Howard is a special character like Devil Dino, but in the following events and releases there is nothing to subscribe to that earlier claim. It's being handled no different from other releases like Ant-Man or TA Hulk, both those characters also had an event where you could get a single cover of the new release.

Okay, I'll admit to not having started Webbed Wonder yet and I'll be more than willing to admit my error if it turns out there is more than 1 cover of Howard available/given out in Webbed Wonder, but would it really be too much to ask to give out 1 cover of each color in the event? People would maybe be more willing to spend money on a roster spot for him because selling those 3 covers for 3000 Iso would be sort of a waste, and players would be happy campers. Wishful thinking I guess, unfortunately... Really sad they missed this opportuninty to show us the devs can be generous with these special characters. icon_cry.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keegan wrote:
    I'll remember some forumites huffing about how useless Howard looked on spec, how sick they are of useless characters, how they were going to refuse to participate or roster Howard.

Then I'll remember the same people participating but letting everyone know just how unhappy they were about it, all the while complaining about not getting enough free Howard covers handed to them icon_lol.gif
    On my laptop, your icon_lol.gif landed right near the thumbs up in such a perfect way, it easily doubled the snark value of your post. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    This how I'm remember it and mpq.

First anniversary, best week ever despite problems.

Second anniversary, a big drop off in fun from the first anniversary.

Duck Season, not fun at all. For a limited release of a character, mpq has done everything it can (intentional or not) to screw over the majority of the playerbase

Future events, well the trend seems obvious.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love it! The devs.. "So forumites complain about getting a 1000 iso prize for a wave node? We'll split it up into 7 prizes, each ranging from 70 to 100 iso, so now they'll get less iso for more work! Way to go!"
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    THIS IS THE CHARACTER THAT REMOVED GETTING ALL REWARDS AT ONCE IN WAVE NODES.

What? No more playing waves over and over for no new rewards (see: Enemy of the State) ? They have 'normal' node rewards???

That's a wonderful, and a cause for celebration!!!!

I was, of course, waiting for one of these.

The grinders will certainly like that the nodes give rewards every time - feels like you aren't playing for nothing, right?

Except - you are playing for placement. And you'll get all those rewards anyway, plus placement. Is there anything wrong with giving the players that -aren't- playing for placement all those rewards...without the incredibly time intensive grind that taking wave nodes down over and over again takes?
    Well I haven't picked this game up in a month now so can't comment on the 'event' itself, but you are wrong about wave nodes.

They operated that way for growth industry (least worth it 50hp I ever grinder for) and possibly the 3 hulk cho one before, you're just noticing it now because there's something you want, and 7 options.

Really? Last time I ran wave nodes they gave all the rewards with one run - I don't remember which one that was (I thought it was growth industry.) I certainly didn't run the "test" PVE's for seven times, nor do I run new events until the last day to try to get placement without the time-awful grind. I had not seen waves give one reward ever, if they had.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I love it! The devs.. "So forumites complain about getting a 1000 iso prize for a wave node? We'll split it up into 7 prizes, each ranging from 70 to 100 iso, so now they'll get less iso for more work! Way to go!"

Basically what I was about to come in to say. Yet there's someone posting a dancing gif as if it's a reason to celebrate.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I, uh, I thought it was ... kinda funny? I'm sorry?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    **** new character released in the typical **** fashion we expect.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh. I mean, it's a very mediocre character with a limited release so I just plain don't care. I'm not angry about how little of him they gave out, but I'm not excited to get him either. It is nice to see a new PVE out there, I guess I'll see how it plays as I generally play S3.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    200w.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    How will I remember it?

I WON'T remember it. seriously. nothing eventful happened, so it's totally forgettable.

basically, it looks like the same old PVE. plays like the same old PVE. must be the same old PVE.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might, maybe, remember it for t10ing florida. staying up until 2am to play the flip into florida and then playing florida mostly optimal. I don't t10 many subs, but some extra effort on the 48hr ones can be lucrative. not that I give a rat's behind about Howie, but playing with boosted 4thor is fun. level 326 dark avengers can kiss my...
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I'll remember it for a chance at a fun new character and new content introduced. I play because I'm just the type that will regardless of what happens in-game and what is discussed on these forums. I'm casual not competitive. I'll take whatever comes my way and like it. I'll like Webbed Wonder just like I liked when they intro'd Deadpool vs MPQ. I've had a blast with The Hunt - maxed and boosted Thoress/Prof X/S-Witch = cruising through any and all nodes with little to no health packs used up when I choose to play. Wish all my PVE/PVP progress could be like this week's.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    How will you remember Duck Season?

Duck what?
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    I will remember Webbed Wonder as a chance to use Bullseye on wave nodes. Any chance I can get to use Bullseye on wave nodes, its a good PVE.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Much as I do enjoy your posts normally snowcatt you're slightly in error with your comparison.

Dd wasn't a special event just for him, it was anniversary. All the goody madness was in celebration of that, not the joke character.

But then why a special "Duck Season" here? Maybe I just don't get it. I don't know why there is a "special" event for a "special" (not in packs) character, that doesn't feel special in any way.

I saved HP in hopes that it would be good for something here...I guess it will be good for rostering a character I'll never again use?

Well you've got me there. It's a special release with nothing special about it.

As for token odds I think I'm happier not getting howard, he's awful anyway.
  • I'll remember it has the first character release I want to boycott. Dont care to place for any covers in his release PvE, will probably sit out webbed wonder since i wont get a starting cover for his node. I'll probably add his PvP 1k cover just in case they do something really scummy and rotate him into a essential node in the future.
  • Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I'll remember it as a lame event for a so-so character that will take the place of a much more worthy character. I haven't even been able to use him properly cuz the AI for some reason has been matching away all the purple. This was extremely evident when playing a Daken node. What purpose would Daken have with purple?