Fearless Defenders

Comments

• Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    If you want to retaliate on me Lyrian, give me about an hour, then go nuts, trying to push before shielding.

EDIT: Okay, done pushing, got my 1k ISO. Hopefully get another IW cover out of this, but if not, I won't weep.
    EDIT2: Holy crackerjacks I picked a good time to shield, been smacked 3 times within only a handful of minutes since putting one up.

Not a problem.

I got all of my points back on someone who sniped down on me from about 800 with a MN Mags and CStorm. Enjoyed the easy 35 points on my way back up the ladder.

Was out too long and 1st in my bracket is way too high and has too good of a roster. I'll settle for coasting to an easy 2nd place finish.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Man, I just retreated twice to drop from #45 (where I was stuck all day) to #48.

That just feels weird.

Edit: #48... with 269 points. Like whoa.
    was way to lazy to to retreat, but i was in 16th 2 minutes ago,everyone above me had a shield lol i just fought one match to get back to 14th. May as well get 2 covers for Loki instead of one.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Decided I would grab a black Loki at the last second..ended up getting two (noticed I had a 4/5...I never cared so I forgot I was even missing it). Oops? Original goal was just to get to 500 for the hp and get a top 45 for the hp.

Side note: over the course of a week I have tossed about 10 3***. That's 250 hp lost with the changes. That is 3 shields. That equates to around 70-200 points lost in a single tournement. Easily the difference between 1st and 2nd in a bracket. So I lost a 4**** over the course of a week lol.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    I got first place, but only got 1 black loki, and 1 purple loki

It was supposed to be 2 black right? did anyone else get 2?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    1st place as well, only got 1 black and 1 purple.

-_-
  • Clint wrote:

I'm in the same boat here, got first, only got 1 black 1 purple and 1 IW as far as covers are concerned.
  • Clint wrote:

Yes Clint. 1st place also and missing 1x Loki.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Hit first in my bracket, got the same as you guys.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited March 2014
    Meh, even if the opponents could be mixed up, it was one and the same team of maxed Thor, oBW and Wolverine to me. Some used mStorm, like me, fewer people cStorm and MagnetoMN. There were odd people who I probably don't belong with (IM 35 or maxed Magneto), but whatever.

People actually care about Loki (and maybe IW) a lot more than you think. Maybe just my bracket, which is mostly midlevel players with a few maxed 2** and not many 3***. Out of curiosity I documented placement in the final 2 minutes.
    2 minutes to go
    X1Da8ACl.png

1 minute to go
    wf5DL70l.png

final placement (the clock showed 0)
    KOHmnuul.png
  • I finished top 15 and got 1000 ISO for selling my Lokis
  • I got 2 black + 1 purple for 2nd place. Sounds like it's an error with 1st place payouts.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2014
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    1st place as well, only got 1 black and 1 purple.

-_-

Boo...I needed exactly two black and one purple to finish loki off. Some how that doesn't sound right.. icon_e_confused.gif

Edit...I finished second and got two black and one purple...
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Ok did anyone who finished top 5 get the 2 black Loki?
  • Clint wrote:

I got first place as well and only 1x black 1x purple. Guess its an issue for all 1st place payouts.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Same boat as you guys. Finished first got my green IW one black Loki and one purple. Missing a black Loki cover
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Oh man had not tangoed with the zombie horde in awhile. Didn't care too much about loki two or three covers was fine. Shield expired with 40 minutes left and in six place ... So it was go time got to maybe 150-180 points above 6th then hits start coming in hit back quickly as possible but ended up right where i started in 6th lol. Sometimes just better to be lazy.
  • Got my Ares covers, now he's all set for the divine champions. Which I also don't need to place high in. Ah well, I'm sure he'll be useful sometime.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess this is our punishment for finishing first in a tournament! icon_lol.gif
    First time I ever finish first too.

Time to write in to support I guess.
  • Clint wrote:
    Ok did anyone who finished top 5 get the 2 black Loki?
    Yep, top 5, 2 black 1 purple received
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Got an easy 1st finish with some 700 points. Never even used a shield on the tournament because my mmr is so low. I actually gained a lot points when low level people suicided on my 141 punisher/100 spider-man/85 OBW team. Must have gained about 100 points that way over the course of tournament. Got only 1 black Loki too but I'm not going to worry too much about that lost 500 ISO.