Fearless Defenders

24567

Comments

  • This is the first time since I've started playing, on day 42, that I've seen Ares as an event reward.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    My plan is to grind up to 500 for the HP and just stay there. I'll need to join this tournament tonight so that I can abuse LRs to lower the MMR gained from grinding up to 500. Dat metagame.
  • I'll update the OP here in a bit.

    Prolly joining this one tomorrow or something.
  • ClydeFrog76ClydeFrog76 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    bahukma wrote:
    Maybe Valkyrie as a new character?

    A new cover release would be awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up.

    Why? I don't understand the logic behind continually wanting new covers? Who has the ISO to effectively level such a huge roster, it doesn't make sense to me.

    From a dev point of view, fair enough...more covers = more revenue from the people who are OCD about levelling. Maybe from a comic geek point of view too, because the covers are cool. But from a general gameplay point of view? I don't get it, there are more than enough currently to make an interesting and exciting meta game.
  • Gigas BreakerGigas Breaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Sunder here I come!
  • bahukma wrote:
    Maybe Valkyrie as a new character?

    A new cover release would be awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up.

    Why? I don't understand the logic behind continually wanting new covers? Who has the ISO to effectively level such a huge roster, it doesn't make sense to me.

    From a dev point of view, fair enough...more covers = more revenue from the people who are OCD about levelling. Maybe from a comic geek point of view too, because the covers are cool. But from a general gameplay point of view? I don't get it, there are more than enough currently to make an interesting and exciting meta game.


    From a completionist point of view, more characters = harder to complete them all. Ok sure, I get it. From my point of view more characters = more choices of who I want to level and use and more chances of getting everyone's favorites in there.
  • bahukma wrote:
    Maybe Valkyrie as a new character?

    A new cover release would be awesome but I'm not getting my hopes up.

    Why? I don't understand the logic behind continually wanting new covers? Who has the ISO to effectively level such a huge roster, it doesn't make sense to me.

    From a dev point of view, fair enough...more covers = more revenue from the people who are OCD about levelling. Maybe from a comic geek point of view too, because the covers are cool. But from a general gameplay point of view? I don't get it, there are more than enough currently to make an interesting and exciting meta game.


    From a completionist point of view, more characters = harder to complete them all. Ok sure, I get it. From my point of view more characters = more choices of who I want to level and use and more chances of getting everyone's favorites in there.

    There has to be a balance though. More characters = more choices sure, but not when they are all 3*'s you only have 1-3 covers for. I understand the logic behind the developers wanting more covers, it increases the chance of players spending real money on the characters they like, but from a gaming standpoint it would make it more difficult for the majority of players, since the introduction of every new hero decreases the chances of pulling a cover of an older hero through tokens. When the game first started you got a 3* pull, you had like a 1 in 10 chance of getting a token for a hero you actually needed. Now it's like 1 in 20. In a few months it will be 1 in 30. At that point, you can forget about getting any meaningful pulls from heroic tokens, the odds will drop to about 1% to get a pull of any particular 3* hero you are interested in......which means if you want to get covers for an older 3* hero, you will need either to 1) hope they are rewards for a certain PvP or PvE tournament (which, the chance goes down with increasing numbers of 3* heroes because they will all need to be represented eventually), or 2) buy the covers with HP (I'm sure what the developers are hoping for).

    For most people, this means that unless they spend money, they will end up with 20 3* heroes each with 1-5 covers, i.e. practically unusable unless they are buffed for a specific event.

    You will only truly have more choices if your 3* heroes have 10+ covers each so you can see how they really operate, so imo the idea of more choices is really an illusion, unless you are willing to dump a lot of money into this game.
  • bonerang wrote:
    This is the first time since I've started playing, on day 42, that I've seen Ares as an event reward.

    I suppose his covers blanketed the game so much when he went in they decided to wait a bit on that.
  • ClydeFrog76ClydeFrog76 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mizake wrote:
    There has to be a balance though. More characters = more choices sure, but not when they are all 3*'s you only have 1-3 covers for. I understand the logic behind the developers wanting more covers, it increases the chance of players spending real money on the characters they like, but from a gaming standpoint it would make it more difficult for the majority of players, since the introduction of every new hero decreases the chances of pulling a cover of an older hero through tokens. When the game first started you got a 3* pull, you had like a 1 in 10 chance of getting a token for a hero you actually needed. Now it's like 1 in 20. In a few months it will be 1 in 30. At that point, you can forget about getting any meaningful pulls from heroic tokens, the odds will drop to about 1% to get a pull of any particular 3* hero you are interested in......which means if you want to get covers for an older 3* hero, you will need either to 1) hope they are rewards for a certain PvP or PvE tournament (which, the chance goes down with increasing numbers of 3* heroes because they will all need to be represented eventually), or 2) buy the covers with HP (I'm sure what the developers are hoping for).

    For most people, this means that unless they spend money, they will end up with 20 3* heroes each with 1-5 covers, i.e. practically unusable unless they are buffed for a specific event.

    You will only truly have more choices if your 3* heroes have 10+ covers each so you can see how they really operate, so imo the idea of more choices is really an illusion, unless you are willing to dump a lot of money into this game.

    Well said.
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,359 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    Wow, first time seeing that piece of art which Spidey character choice picture comes from. Namely, this one:
    5ccVwHz.png

    So... distorted. So IW, Daredevil and BP aren't the only ones after all.

    I also like the way that it looks like (in the full pic) that Hawkeye is forcing Wolverine to smell his arrow, and Wolverine is none too pleased about the aroma wafting from it.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Wow, first time seeing that piece of art which Spidey character choice picture comes from. Namely, this one:
    5ccVwHz.png

    So... distorted. So IW, Daredevil and BP aren't the only ones after all.

    I also like the way that it looks like (in the full pic) that Hawkeye is forcing Wolverine to smell his arrow, and Wolverine is none too pleased about the aroma wafting from it.

    Blast Arrow? Maybe more likst Shart Arrow.

    And for those who don't know what a Shart is, I invite you to guess which two words create this unique word. And yes, the meaning of the word is exactly as the two words would combine to mean.

    On topic, I'm pseudo keen to place decently, since my loki is not heavily built, and everytime I play him, I tend to enjoy his cheap board reshuffle. I know they've announced that 3rd skills will eventually come to those with just 2, but he's fun to play with.
  • Oooh a green Ares, top 75 here I come
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alright, got up to 500 points. Time for LR tanking to bail me out of high MMR for this weekend.
  • Alright, got up to 500 points. Time for LR tanking to bail me out of high MMR for this weekend.

    Has LR tanking been working for you? I've put in Bagman teams a few times (mainly Loki rounds, they seem to be timed around my life schedule lol) but only getting hit once or twice. Presume it is some sort of skip tax effect, but curious if a method has been developed by D3 to bypass tank teams.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Alright, got up to 500 points. Time for LR tanking to bail me out of high MMR for this weekend.

    Has LR tanking been working for you? I've put in Bagman teams a few times (mainly Loki rounds, they seem to be timed around my life schedule lol) but only getting hit once or twice. Presume it is some sort of skip tax effect, but curious if a method has been developed by D3 to bypass tank teams.

    The Loki round may just be a lot less competitive right now with The Hulk starting back up and Loki covers on offer for the Fearless Defenders tourney.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Alright, got up to 500 points. Time for LR tanking to bail me out of high MMR for this weekend.

    Has LR tanking been working for you? I've put in Bagman teams a few times (mainly Loki rounds, they seem to be timed around my life schedule lol) but only getting hit once or twice. Presume it is some sort of skip tax effect, but curious if a method has been developed by D3 to bypass tank teams.

    It's worked pretty well for me, but I'm definitely getting hit less. I'm guessing the skip tax means people aren't hunting for tank teams as much.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Alright, got up to 500 points. Time for LR tanking to bail me out of high MMR for this weekend.

    Has LR tanking been working for you? I've put in Bagman teams a few times (mainly Loki rounds, they seem to be timed around my life schedule lol) but only getting hit once or twice. Presume it is some sort of skip tax effect, but curious if a method has been developed by D3 to bypass tank teams.

    The Loki round may just be a lot less competitive right now with The Hulk starting back up and Loki covers on offer for the Fearless Defenders tourney.

    It was happening yesterday before Hulk started, just struck me as being a little strange as there are usually a fair few takers on my Bagman offering. The one tourney, iI was in the 300 point range, so must have looked like a juicy target? Literally only got hit once and ended up top 100 for a heroic token lol. It makes more sense now though, given that there is more variety in the events on offer.

    Edit - as soon as I post this, log into the game to see my tank team has been pummeled 4 times. Progress! icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Alright, got up to 500 points. Time for LR tanking to bail me out of high MMR for this weekend.

    Has LR tanking been working for you? I've put in Bagman teams a few times (mainly Loki rounds, they seem to be timed around my life schedule lol) but only getting hit once or twice. Presume it is some sort of skip tax effect, but curious if a method has been developed by D3 to bypass tank teams.

    Less hits than in old times but some still keep coming. Yeah, probably dues to skip tax mostly.
  • My tanking in these has had very mixed results. Usually go to about 150ish then put in the tank team. Sometimes I lose 100+ and sometimes I only get hit twice.
  • mags1587mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, is anyone actually playing in this tourney? Because I just made my way up to 500 points to get the 50 HP reward and it feels like a ghost town. 502 points is also enough to put me in first place in my bracket, which is downright strange.
Sign In or Register to comment.