Fearless Defenders

Options

Comments

• Ben Grimm wrote:
    I figured it out, and I tried in two LRs (a top 8 and a diabolical) and tanked in 8 of them, and that seemed to keep my mmr down. I've also found that going all-out in one tournament can bring it back up fairly quickly, but I've only fought a handful of matches in Fearless Defenders since then, so I think it's staying pretty low. The opponents they're matching me against include a lot of maxed-out 1*s and mid-level 2*s.

That's mostly what I was seeing in the LRs; sometimes even lower than that, since I tanked pretty hard, I guess. Now I'm seeing a very few maxed 1*s, mostly mid-level 2*s up to maxed 2*s. Mid-level 3*s get skipped.
  • Anyone looking for an IW green will never find a better opportunity than this tournament. I'm having to pull back the throttle big time to make sure I stay in 2-5 range.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    297 Rank 38 currently. I hope I get bumped down to the next prize tier by the end so I can finish my 4/4/4 Ares. Stupid Heroic only gave me Radar Sense.
  • 297 Rank 38 currently. I hope I get bumped down to the next prize tier by the end so I can finish my 4/4/4 Ares. Stupid Heroic only gave me Radar Sense.

You can always retreat if you need to go down a tier.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anyone looking for an IW green will never find a better opportunity than this tournament. I'm having to pull back the throttle big time to make sure I stay in 2-5 range.

Saw that WYP, not that I'm going for it (maybe), but it is appreciated. It's nice when you see that one of the Elites from the SHIELD Alliance is in your bracket ( icon_eek.gif ), and decides to put the brakes on instead of squishing all comers....

I'm really just here to finish my Loki, let someone else have IW and the MMR jump that goes with it.

Related, the top 5 seems to be moving around a little lately: I was top 3 with you just ahead of me, and Catalyst at some crazy high level

EDIT: ...And now I am 6th icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • My bracket is now

#1 - 737 me
    #2 - 717
    #3 - 495
    #4- 469
    #5- 443
  • So I have 1/1 Loki but I'm really not fond of him. I'd much rather get 3xAres. But I can't play past about 4:30pm today and it ends at 12am. So what should I do to end up 46-75? Right now #35 at 242 and top 10 is 585-386.
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    So I have 1/1 Loki but I'm really not fond of him. I'd much rather get 3xAres. But I can't play past about 4:30pm today and it ends at 12am. So what should I do to end up 46-75? Right now #35 at 242 and top 10 is 585-386.

Despite his current state he will improve eventually and hopefully even get a 3rd skill. He is higher rarity than ares and if you can manage 2-3 Loki there's no reason not to. If you are looking at 1 Loki vs 3 ares I might lean more towards the 3 ares.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    297 Rank 38 currently. I hope I get bumped down to the next prize tier by the end so I can finish my 4/4/4 Ares. Stupid Heroic only gave me Radar Sense.

You can always retreat if you need to go down a tier.
    Noooooo just do it for meeeeeee.
  • Being I can't play for the last 7.5 hours of the tournament, and I don't have the HP for shielding, is top 15 realistic?
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Being I can't play for the last 7.5 hours of the tournament, and I don't have the HP for shielding, is top 15 realistic?

I would say at about 2:30pm make as big a push as you can and leave it in the hands of chance.
  • I've hit top 45 a few times under similar circumstances, but not top 15. Maybe if you push hard enough, though....
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    Being I can't play for the last 7.5 hours of the tournament, and I don't have the HP for shielding, is top 15 realistic?

It's more realistic in this tournament than it is in most, but it's not something I'd feel comfortable relying on. If you're going to try it, you probably need to be WAY up there with as nasty a defensive team you can put up and hope the defensive wins cancel out enough of the losses. If you can spare the HP for an 8 hour shield, your chances would be much, much better.
  • PandaCore wrote:
    Aiming for a 45-75 finish, so I can finally finish my Ares. Been missing 2 covers for a while now. I think that'll be quite achievable without too much effort.

I'm there right now with a tank team in icon_evil.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, goody, my MMR has risen to the point where it thinks I should be facing teams like walkyourpath's... icon_eek.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rajjeq wrote:
    If you aren't at least in the 500 range, I would not count on placing anywhere substantial.
  • Huh, I won two defenses against The Ladder. Weird. Was running Hulk/GSBW/Spidey, didn't think they were all that on defense. My team must have gotten some mega cascades.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    Oh, goody, my MMR has risen to the point where it thinks I should be facing teams like walkyourpath's... icon_eek.gif
    How many times did we attack each other?
    Last hour was terrible. I managed to get to #1 with about 820pts, and just when I wanted to raise a shield, I lost more than 100pts. climbed a little to 750, then got attacked again. finally I'm shielded at 703 icon_rolleyes.gif
    hope it will be enough for top5...
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    How many times did we attack each other?
    Last hour was terrible. I managed to get to #1 with about 820pts, and just when I wanted to raise a shield, I lost more than 100pts. climbed a little to 750, then got attacked again. finally I'm shielded at 703 icon_rolleyes.gif
    hope it will be enough for top5...

So, so, so many times. Sorry for my part in keeping that going, but my retaliations were about the only people giving me more than 10 points. The last hour was awful. Almost got to #1 then lost 50 points. Almost got there again and lost 100 points. I shielded at #2; will see about making a push to #1 later tonight.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Man, pushed up to 950 and points have dried up big time. Skip tax is the suck at the top end of a PVP tournament.

Now I am just watching the leaderboard and waiting to see what Poliko does when he gets off of work or whatever he is doing. Something tells me that I am not going to be able to sit and skate to 1st on 950 icon_razz.gif