*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

1246726

Comments

  • I'm thinking Iron Man Mk 40 is going to end up as my third wheel in free for all events, alongside perennials Classic Spidey and Ragnarok. He's got a huge stack of health, is a great finisher with huge damage output for his abilities at high levels and the recharge can be super useful in the middle of a thorny encounter.

    Nemek, or anybody else, have you gotten him to 141 yet? I'm up to 132 with a 5/5/3 build, and his stats are looking like this:

    HP 6772

    56 Yellow
    63 Red
    49 Blue
    10 Green
    11 Purple
    10 Black

    3.5 Multiplier
    3 Environmental

    Unibeam (Red) AP cost 13
    Deals 3342 damage to target, costs 2 AP in every other colour

    Ballistic Salvo (Blue) AP cost 20
    Deals 2507 to all enemies, stuns target for 2 turns, destroys 3 basic tiles, costs 2 AP in every other colour

    Recharge (Yellow) AP cost 10
    Creates 3 countdown tiles (on unused yellow tiles) that activate after 2 turns. Generates 3 red, 3 blue and 2 green AP for each that activates. IM stunned for 2 turns on activation

    So, his abilities cost a lot, but as I presumed originally, he hits really hard at high levels. In my opinion, he's a project you might want to work on in the background.
  • NemekNemek Posts: 1,511
    I stuck him at lvl 128, since I'm 5/5/2, that's the highest I can go. I'm really on the fence about 5/5/3. Are you finding it anymore difficult to get a recharge off? I imagine the greens are worth it (for either storm or rags). For now, I'm leaving him here until I get a yellow cover somehow, I don't want to spend that much HP for something I'm iffy about. Also, it might not be that relevant, but my spidey does web bandages at 10 yellow, and I'm not sure whether I'd want that or recharge to be more likely to fire during defense (not that defense once a battle starts is THAT important.) Maybe it won't matter much since I suspect people try to down spidey before iron man, I'd think.

    I do think he's still fairly viable with the right team, namely anybody that can take advantage of the AP he generates. Spidey getting 9 extra blues will perma stun most any team. An extra 6 green will get you close to some big powers for storm/Thor/Rag. Then 9 extra reds is pretty good for tons of characters.

    With Thor buffed now and Juggs last week, I haven't used Unibeam THAT much, since I'd have to wait a couple turns after recharge and is arguably weaker than Thor/Juggs powers when boosted. But, it's been good to just finish off a character I really want dead with around 3000 health.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I'm thinking Iron Man Mk 40 is going to end up as my third wheel in free for all events, alongside perennials Classic Spidey and Ragnarok.

    Yeah, we're on the same page there. I'd been building up Grey Widow for OHKOs with Rag/Thor green, but her squishiness is a real problem and may need to be retired.
    The Ladder wrote:
    He's got a huge stack of health, is a great finisher with huge damage output for his abilities at high levels and the recharge can be super useful in the middle of a thorny encounter.

    Nemek, or anybody else, have you gotten him to 141 yet? I'm up to 132 with a 5/5/3 build, and his stats are looking like this:

    So, his abilities cost a lot, but as I presumed originally, he hits really hard at high levels. In my opinion, he's a project you might want to work on in the background.

    I'm not thrilled with his costs, particularly his level 3 yellow, but he's the tankiest 3-skill, 3-star in the game right now. Tanky is important at the moment unless tourney mechanics change drastically.
    Nemek wrote:
    I stuck him at lvl 128, since I'm 5/5/2, that's the highest I can go. I'm really on the fence about 5/5/3. Are you finding it anymore difficult to get a recharge off? I imagine the greens are worth it (for either storm or rags). For now, I'm leaving him here until I get a yellow cover somehow, I don't want to spend that much HP for something I'm iffy about. Also, it might not be that relevant, but my spidey does web bandages at 10 yellow, and I'm not sure whether I'd want that or recharge to be more likely to fire during defense (not that defense once a battle starts is THAT important.) Maybe it won't matter much since I suspect people try to down spidey before iron man, I'd think.

    As you know, at level 5, Spidey's yellow "only" costs 9. Which is actually *less* than Model 40's yellow at level 3. That just seems like it's going to be hard to justify. At level 1 yellow, with boosts, you can hit Model 40's yellow on turn 1. At 10 AP...well...
    Nemek wrote:
    I do think he's still fairly viable with the right team, namely anybody that can take advantage of the AP he generates. Spidey getting 9 extra blues will perma stun most any team. An extra 6 green will get you close to some big powers for storm/Thor/Rag. Then 9 extra reds is pretty good for tons of characters.

    With Thor buffed now and Juggs last week, I haven't used Unibeam THAT much, since I'd have to wait a couple turns after recharge and is arguably weaker than Thor/Juggs powers when boosted. But, it's been good to just finish off a character I really want dead with around 3000 health.

    Unibeam is pretty decent as a game-ender I've found. That's the other problem with Model 40, his blue is worthless for Spidey players. There's no way I'm saving up 20 blue for that.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys.

    Tbh, I don't get hung up on the extra cost of AP for recharge. That, and I'm a bit of a completist and would get irked by having a 5-5-2 character! In terms of racking up the 10, I guess I'm banking on nicking the extra one through a match 4, coupled with three regular matches. Or a match 4 yellow in there, of course. I tend to rack up plenty of AP until I see there are risks (ie an opponent has a big hitting power available), at which point I deploy my master plan lol. So often times, I'm not even looking at the actual AP banked, kind of roughly totting it up in my mind. I like to chain skills together, rather than deploying them uselessly for one turn.

    I definitely see the merit in the argument that 5-5-2 may be better though and anticipate many others may follow you guys on that.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

    Tbh, I don't get hung up on the extra cost of AP for recharge. That, and I'm a bit of a completist and would get irked by having a 5-5-2 character! In terms of racking up the 10, I guess I'm banking on nicking the extra one through a match 4, coupled with three regular matches. Or a match 4 yellow in there, of course. I tend to rack up plenty of AP until I see there are risks (ie an opponent has a big hitting power available), at which point I deploy my master plan lol. So often times, I'm not even looking at the actual AP banked, kind of roughly totting it up in my mind. I like to chain skills together, rather than deploying them uselessly for one turn.

    I definitely see the merit in the argument that 5-5-2 may be better though and anticipate many others may follow you guys on that.

    I mean, yeah, but it's hard for me to say that going the full 5/5/3 was a clear-cut bad call. Your Model 40 can now hit the level cap, and that's going to make him even tankier, and of course, make his red even more damaging. Since he has 3 skills, he may even end up tankier than a maxed Ragnarok at 114. Aside from 4-star Wolvie, 5/5/3 Model 40 might be the tankiest in the game. Definitely not a bad thing! icon_razz.gif

    I'm whining a lot about the cost on yellow but since you're a Spidey player, you can already do some turn-1 stuns and getting the extra 1 yellow to make 10 shouldn't be that hard.

    I will likely end up in the same boat as you, assuming a better 3-star doesn't come along. I really hope one does, though. Overall, Model 40 does seem like a solid and balanced character, but he's a very slow starter.
  • Reduce yellow ap cost and maintain yellow ap cost to level 5. Done.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    bringing his yellow skill to 3 is good for thor/storm teams as it feeds red, green, and blue.
    Maintain 3 ap to power level 5. Done. All drawback solved
  • Kcwei83 wrote:
    Reduce yellow ap cost and maintain yellow ap cost to level 5. Done.

    Yes, that's not OP'ed at all. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • BaineeBainee Age Unconfirmed Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Here are his stats at lvl 120

    HP: 6169

    Damage:

    Yellow: 52
    Red: 59
    Blue: 46
    Green: 10
    Purple: 11
    Black: 9

    Unibeam (Rank 5): 3079
    Ballistic Salvo (Rank 5): 2310
  • Bainee wrote:
    Here are his stats at lvl 120

    HP: 6169

    Damage:

    Yellow: 52
    Red: 59
    Blue: 46
    Green: 10
    Purple: 11
    Black: 9

    Unibeam (Rank 5): 3079
    Ballistic Salvo (Rank 5): 2310

    Thanks man, appreciate the update. Good to have a sense of what the numbers look like icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ok, max level stats guys:

    HP 7250

    60 Yellow
    67 Red
    52 Blue
    11 Green
    12 Purple
    10 Black

    3.5 Multiplier
    3 Environmental

    Unibeam (level 5 - 13 red AP)
    3559 damage to target, costs 2 AP in other categories

    Ballistic Salvo (level 5 - 20 blue AP)
    2669 damage to all enemies, stun target for 2 turns, destroy 3 basic tiles, cost 2 AP in other categories

    Recharge (level 3 - 10 yellow AP)
    Gain 3 red, 3 blue, 2 green AP per tile activated, IM stunned for 2 turns

    ENJOY.
  • Might have to produce some sort of max level guide at some point, would be helpful to get feedback from guys with different builds to give everyone a real feel for the what you are eventually building towards.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Might have to produce some sort of max level guide at some point, would be helpful to get feedback from guys with different builds to give everyone a real feel for the what you are eventually building towards.

    Are you thinking 5/3/5, though? I just don't see how that would be viable... (L5 yellow costs 14, to give black...the worst color in the game right now icon_e_surprised.gif )

    Maybe...maaayyybe 4/5/4 as an alternate. And even then, you're talking slightly more drain on the red (which isn't the end of the world) vs. yellow taking 12 AP to supply purple. That'll make him more of an all-rounder to support your Grey Widows and your...uh...maybe some future character that will have really good purple.

    For a character that arguably has 2 really bad L5 skills, he doesn't seem to have a ton of wiggle room. icon_e_confused.gif
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Might have to produce some sort of max level guide at some point, would be helpful to get feedback from guys with different builds to give everyone a real feel for the what you are eventually building towards.


    You mean the sort of guide we are trying to build up here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=590 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • So it looks like mostly consensus on l5 Unibeam with some disagreement on the blue and yellow distribution based on varying opinions on Recharge's quality.

    I'm probably looking at 5/4/4 myself. I just don't see the stun being useful on a 20 AP power.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    So it looks like mostly consensus on l5 Unibeam with some disagreement on the blue and yellow distribution based on varying opinions on Recharge's quality.

    I'm probably looking at 5/4/4 myself. I just don't see the stun being useful on a 20 AP power.

    Agreed. Plus you're dealing so much damage with it that will it matter if you stun a guy?

    I'm leaning towards 5/4/4 because purple could be useful with classic widow, and also because I don't want to sell the 2500 reward from the Heroic Event!
  • Arinoch wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    So it looks like mostly consensus on l5 Unibeam with some disagreement on the blue and yellow distribution based on varying opinions on Recharge's quality.

    I'm probably looking at 5/4/4 myself. I just don't see the stun being useful on a 20 AP power.

    Agreed. Plus you're dealing so much damage with it that will it matter if you stun a guy?

    I'm leaning towards 5/4/4 because purple could be useful with classic widow, and also because I don't want to sell the 2500 reward from the Heroic Event!

    I also thinking about 5/4/4. Who wants to stun for 2 turns with finisher like balistic silvo is? And purple for classic widow = green for classic widow sniper rifle = end of match.
  • Polkio wrote:
    Arinoch wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    So it looks like mostly consensus on l5 Unibeam with some disagreement on the blue and yellow distribution based on varying opinions on Recharge's quality.

    I'm probably looking at 5/4/4 myself. I just don't see the stun being useful on a 20 AP power.

    Agreed. Plus you're dealing so much damage with it that will it matter if you stun a guy?

    I'm leaning towards 5/4/4 because purple could be useful with classic widow, and also because I don't want to sell the 2500 reward from the Heroic Event!

    I also thinking about 5/4/4. Who wants to stun for 2 turns with finisher like balistic silvo is? And purple for classic widow = green for classic widow sniper rifle = end of match.

    5/4/4 is great..woeks for me too. compared to cstorm blue windstorn, ballistic salvo is too costly, not effective.
  • all right I fully take the back the original post here. after getting IM 40 3/3/2 and leveling to 50 he's pretty balanced. if you get to 16 yellow and use the yellow boosts right you can get to the 20 threshold after your stun dissapears, that seems about right. the blue when it hits will usually end the enemy team so it's appropriate. his red ability is a nice ender move on a solo as well.

    i need to get a higher ranked hood before trying Dormammu advice but that sounds like a good combo.

    liking the IM 40 icon_e_smile.gif
  • Iron Man model 40's blue ability description says it drains 3AP of each other color. However right now it also is draining blue AP. I just confirmed it, had 24 AP before using it, then only 1 AP after use. Needs fixed.
Sign In or Register to comment.