*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

Comments

• Damn..have 1 slot left and was waffling between blue or yellow. Sold yellow before it expired to wait for blue and now you guys have me second guessing myself. What to do? Red is already at lvl5.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damn..have 1 slot left and was waffling between blue or yellow. Sold yellow before it expired to wait for blue and now you guys have me second guessing myself. What to do? Red is already at lvl5.
    Wait what? why didn't you skill them both up? Or better yet, get rid of a bad character like hawkeye or yelena

Personally, I use IM40 mostly as a red battery, so a low skilled yellow is most useful
  • 5/5/3 is generally accepted to be the best build right now. It's what I'm building towards.

Doom and Venom are probably the best black AP ability users right now, and Doom can take care of himself with his blue. Punisher's black is also his weakest because it's tied to a countdown tile.

I don't see any point to going 5 in yellow right now.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Damn..have 1 slot left and was waffling between blue or yellow. Sold yellow before it expired to wait for blue and now you guys have me second guessing myself. What to do? Red is already at lvl5.
    Wait what? why didn't you skill them both up? Or better yet, get rid of a bad character like hawkeye or yelena

Personally, I use IM40 mostly as a red battery, so a low skilled yellow is most useful

Sorry. Meant 1 spot left for im40 upgrades not my current roster
  • Spoit
    Honestly, I got 2 yellow covers for IM40, but I sold them, because having to make 4 matches to add on green wasn't really worth it to me. Often, 3 matches for blues isn't worth it either, though it does let you pull off his blue occasionally

EDIT: what's your build then? Though I guess either way, blue would be better than yellow for the increased cost alone
  • Spoit wrote:
    Honestly, I got 2 yellow covers for IM40, but I sold them, because having to make 4 matches to add on green wasn't really worth it to me. Often, 3 matches for blues isn't worth it either, though it does let you pull off his blue occasionally

EDIT: what's your build then? Though I guess either way, blue would be better than yellow for the increased cost alone

Currently he is 5/4/3.
  • So, running a team of Thor/IM40.

At which scenarios are you using the Recharge of IM? Only when there are no yellow tiles stuck together? Priorize over Thunderclap? Save yellow until 20 for a double Recharge? Make it dependant of your third teammember?

Let's see all your different opinions! icon_e_smile.gif As for me, i almost always use Thunderclap because I don't like rounds I don't hurt the enemy icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Depends what level of recharge you have and who your 3rd is.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Depends what level of recharge you have and who your 3rd is.

Thor L85 (5.4.4)
    IM L77 (5.5.3)

Most time (especially in the Hunt) i only use him when I have to. Other times I tend toward my L51 Wolvie (5.3.5), L80 Grey Widow (5.2.5) or other must-use Heroes. Guess my team will be Thor/IM/Widow in the future when they are fully leveled.
  • Arclight wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Depends what level of recharge you have and who your 3rd is.

Thor L85 (5.4.4)
    IM L77 (5.5.3)

Most time (especially in the Hunt) i only use him when I have to. Other times I tend toward my L51 Wolvie (5.3.5), L80 Grey Widow (5.2.5) or other must-use Heroes. Guess my team will be Thor/IM/Widow in the future when they are fully leveled.

Widow is tricky because if you fire off a thor yellow you get green for her, but recharge will give her green too. You don't really have anybody taking advantage of the blue recharge gives (and no, you're not gonna fire off a ballistic salvo consistently). I think it depends on the composition of the board and how many hps the other team has left.
  • You have a slow starting team there. Recharge will take you a while to build up enough AP.

Wolvie might not be a bad choice to use green on. His strike tiles will make sure you're doing good damage every turn, not just the turns you have enough red or yellow for Thor.
  • I regret pumping so much ISO into my IM40 (lvl 107 now) because every team he's on is painfully slow
  • Spoit
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I regret pumping so much ISO into my IM40 (lvl 107 now) because every team he's on is painfully slow
    That's why I've trashed multiple yellow covers. With 1, you can feed thor and get enough to cast it again fairly quickly, and even on occasion double cast it. With 2, you can use spidey to buy time to do another rechage, but with 3, you're looking at 4 sets of matches, which is just too muc
  • Spoit wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I regret pumping so much ISO into my IM40 (lvl 107 now) because every team he's on is painfully slow
    That's why I've trashed multiple yellow covers. With 1, you can feed thor and get enough to cast it again fairly quickly, and even on occasion double cast it. With 2, you can use spidey to buy time to do another rechage, but with 3, you're looking at 4 sets of matches, which is just too muc

I kept him at 2 for that blue. It's useful when running with Doom/C.Storm.
  • With a 5/5/3 build, use the recharge if you have a C storm, Doom, Spidey, or Rags. Otherwise Thunderclap. Keep in mind if all the tiles stay alive, you'll have 9 red = 1.5 Thor red = 75% of Thunderclaps damage. Not to mention the tile generation and the blue and green. It's also fun to set up Thunderclaps into Recharges into Thunderclaps ad infinitum.
  • I am currently running a Thor/Iron Man 40 / Spidey

A 2 yellow Iron man is perfect for this team because it have a low cost and feed Thor red and Spidey blue. Creating a good cycle of damage and perma stun.

The extra cost of leveling the yellow cripple its use.
  • So is there universal consensus that 5/4/4 is a "bad" build for IM40? My IM40 is 5/4/3 and I have a yellow cover in my cache about to expire...

Since Recharge is already at 3, it already requires 10AP - which is four matches unless I get a straggler. Is 12AP really that much worse than 10? I've only used Ballistic Salvo a few times due to the 20 blue requirement, and when I did it was generally a "finishing" move - nobody left to stun. So I'd only be go 5 in blue in order to avoid the extra 2AP cost to Recharge.

Should I hold out and sell the yellow, or "finish" the build with the bird in hand?
  • I was in your sitch and sold off like 3 yellow covers. Finally got a blue from a standard token icon_e_surprised.gif And I'm 5/5/3. Just IMO.
  • I'm 5/4/4. Useful if you run anyone with purple (mainly Mags). I never use his blue, so I didn't care for lvl5 blue. 10 AP vs 12 does come into play once in a while, but I'm not too bothered by it.

If you only want him to fuel Thor, Wolvie, Rags, Spidey, etc. then don't bother.