*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

Comments

• baller wrote:
    but i would not go higher than 2 on yellow.

Then you cannot max the character out.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    baller wrote:
    but i would not go higher than 2 on yellow.

Then you cannot max the character out.
    Still has 2nd highest HP in the game next to Rags afaik.

Has anyone considered 5 yellow?

It sucks right now, but can be potentially good when new characters come out. The problem with black is not so much that few characters have it, but when they do they're unimpressive or have other unimpressive colours.

Doom seems to be the best pairing atm. Allowing him to leave black tiles unmatched to make his blue attack more devestating. Moonstone can do a similar strat leaving reds on board, but it would be more effective leaving it at lvl1-3 and just ignore using black at all.
  • If I had better understood the way things worked with power maxing in this game, I would have likely held to 4 yellow, but having 5 yellow here's how it goes:

You fight with Thor or Widow or CStorm thru the early game and fire their powers of steadily. But right as you would be running out of gas, Iron Man refills everyone's buckets. Suddenly you have almost all the resources you need to get multiple kill shots off in one turn. Add to that, how boosted he's been lately, you just sit on the red and can do around 4k with a level 56 IM 40 with his Red Power.

He is slow, but when recharge fires, you suddenly get past that hump of a table full of matches that don't really help you and get that one or three extra AP that you needed to start rolling. It can make Grey Suit Widow nasty, provided you have someone that can take advantage of the damage her green power can generate.
  • 5/5/1 for evah!!!

11166324625_f916747f77_z.jpg
  • cepage wrote:
    5/5/1 for evah!!!

11166324625_f916747f77_z.jpg

legit. whats max lvl and hp?
  • Honestly, I have to say I love going against IM40's with low yellow. That just means it's more down time for the defending team, and easily countered before and after the cast of recharge. Granted, he becomes stronger on offense the lower the ap cost of his yellow, but the AI is dumb enough to use recharge even with matches on the board, making him and his team more of a 2.5 member team.
  • i'd stay at 5/5/1 if i didnt like storm, but i like storm enough that 5/5/3 with the extra blue and green makes it worth it

what i like about 5/5/1 is that you won't feel like you need to dump another 25k ISO into him to finish leveling him up
  • PMQ says that the "ironman beam" (i've game in french) has been upgraded and that we get a reward for that icon_mrgreen.gif

is that true ?
  • lleywen wrote:
    PMQ says that the "ironman beam" (i've game in french) has been upgraded and that we get a reward for that icon_mrgreen.gif

is that true ?

Hmm, is that the red or the blue?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    lleywen wrote:
    PMQ says that the "ironman beam" (i've game in french) has been upgraded and that we get a reward for that icon_mrgreen.gif

is that true ?

It's a notification I get sometimes. I often don't think I see it do anything, though one time I distinctly remember getting a reward that also have that message. I haven't thought much of it.
  • I leveled him to 86 but i can only use him for recharge actually because too much characters use red and blue. Do anyone use his all skills properly? Maybe he is strong at 120+ but i just dont want to level him even i have a 5-5-3. Yes he got nice health...

Someday if i level him enough i can replace my 85 wolvie for him but i feel like he shouldnt be my first 100+ 3 star.
  • ariakas wrote:
    I leveled him to 86 but i can only use him for recharge actually because too much characters use red and blue. Do anyone use his all skills properly? Maybe he is strong at 120+ but i just dont want to level him even i have a 5-5-3. Yes he got nice health...

Someday if i level him enough i can replace my 85 wolvie for him but i feel like he shouldnt be my first 100+ 3 star.

Depends on who's boosted and who else you have on your team. His blue isn't all that useful -- barring some errant cascades you probably won't get enough blue in time to hit 2, or even 3, enemies with it (but if you do, it's a wonderful, wonderful thing). Red, on the other hand, is just a huge smack down, and not hard to get to (especially after a recharge).

Note that Wolverine actually works pretty well with him -- recharge provides green to power Wolverine's Feral Claws, and there's little point in using Wolverine's red when IM40's is only 1 AP more and does a LOT more damage.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    With all the Iron Man suits over the years, it's kind of surprising we only have two so far. Maybe someday we'll have a 4* Hulkbuster IM to complain about, with three match-ending 30 AP powers.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    With all the Iron Man suits over the years, it's kind of surprising we only have two so far. Maybe someday we'll have a 4* Hulkbuster IM to complain about, with three match-ending 30 AP powers.

That character sounds like it could potentially be useful at least once in a while... so are you sure you don't mean 3*...?
  • DayvBang wrote:

For now I would prefer to have new characters over new versions of already existing chars. We still wait for Hulk and I guess the rest of Fantastic Four is to be expected as well.
    Also to be noted that the game is out for less than 2 months and there were 7 new characters released in meantime, that's almost one per week! So I guess sooner or later we will have more of them (as we have Black Widows already).
  • DayvBang wrote:

By match ending I presume you mean "makes you lose the match to the other team" -- just to keep it inline with the other 4*s
  • I haven't seen a thread about what actually needs to be done to this cover just that something needs done to it. This is 1 of the worst IMO being as a skill degrades as you upgrade.

I think a good solution to the iron man yellow skill would be

Creates 3 countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns restoring 3 red ap. Stunned for 2 turns to re-up systems. 6ap
    2- also restores 3 blue ap
    3 - restores 4 red ap , costs 2 extra yellow ap
    4- restores 4 blue ap
    5 - is stunned for 1 less turn

Any other good ideas of how to modify this skill or to improve this modification?
  • The suggestion to allow us to choose what level of ability to fire off would "fix" it, as well as many other powers. So when you activate it during a match, you could choose to only spend 8 ap for L2, even if you've leveled it up to 3/4/5.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    The suggestion to allow us to choose what level of ability to fire off would "fix" it, as well as many other powers. So when you activate it during a match, you could choose to only spend 8 ap for L2, even if you've leveled it up to 3/4/5.

I like the idea, but not sure how it would implement... what if you had 13 yellow and just fired it off at full power but didn't want to (assuming you were at a 5 in yellow). There really isn't anything in the interface to handle that currently.
  • Sure there is...Kinda...Sorta. Basically, it would be like the screen you get when you use Grey Suit's Purple ability. You could tap what level you wanted. If you don't have enough AP to do it, then it would be X'ed out. It wouldn't be that clunky. The only problem is that you would need to go into that menu to see what levels you can use. The UI would be lit up because you can use it, but not the level you want. It could get a little annoying, but it's doable without that many changes. Of course, I have no idea if that last statement is true at all.