*** Iron Man (Model 40) ***

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=ironman3]Iron Man (Model 40)[/anchor] icon_ironman.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 9690 Tile damage: 70/79/61/13/12/11/3.5

Unibeam - Red 13 redtile.png
Iron Man diverts excess power to a focused energy beam blasted from Model 40’s chest. Deals 1036 damage and drains up to 4 of the team's Yellow, Purple and Black AP.
Level 2: Deals 1198 Damage.
Level 3: Deals 1281 damage and drains up to 3 of the team's Yellow, Purple and Black AP.
Level 4: Deals 1599 damage.
Level 5: Deals 2172 damage and drains up to 2 of the team's Yellow, Purple and Black AP.
MAX: Iron Man diverts excess power to a focused energy beam blasted from Model 40’s chest. Deals 6781 damage and drains up to 2 of the team's Yellow, Purple and Black AP.

Ballistic Salvo - Blue 16 bluetile.png
Tony Stark shoots to thrill, letting loose a barrage of charged homing missiles at his enemies. Deals 508 damage to the enemy team, destroys 3 random basic tiles and drains 3 of the team’s Yellow, Purple and Black AP. (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP.)
Level 2: Deals 601 damage to the enemy team.
Level 3: Deals 625 damage to the enemy team and drains the team's Yellow, Purple and Black AP.
Level 4: Deals 757 damage to the enemy team and destroys 4 random basic tiles.
Level 5: Deals 1035 damage to the enemy team and destroys 6 random basic tiles.
MAX: Tony Stark shoots to thrill, letting loose a barrage of charged homing missiles at his enemies. Deals 3235 damage to the enemy team, destroys 6 random basic tiles and drains 3 of the team’s Yellow, Purple and Black AP. (Destroyed tiles do not generate AP.)

Recharge - Yellow 8 yellowtile.png
Tony recharges Model 40’s weapon systems to give his opponents a taste of what this baby’s capable of. Creates 3 2-Turn Countdown tiles that restore 3 Red & Blue AP each, but stun Iron Man for 2 turns.
Level 2: Each Tile also Restores 2 Green AP.
Level 3: Recharge costs 7 AP to fire.
Level 4: Recharge costs 6 AP to fire and each tiles produces 3 Green AP.
Level 5: Each Countdown tiles produces 4 Red & Blue AP, 3 Green AP and 1 Purple AP.
MAX: Tony recharges Model 40’s weapon systems to give his opponents a taste of what this baby’s capable of. Creates 3 2-Turn Countdown tiles that restore 4 Red AP, 4 Blue AP, 3 Green AP & 1 Purple AP each, but stun Iron Man for 2 turns.

Older Version
    Unibeam - Red 13 redtile.png
    Tony Stark diverts all power to a focused energy beam fired from Model 40's chest. Deals 473 damage and costs 4 of the team's AP in every other color.
      Level 2: 10% damage Level 3: Drains 3 AP from other colors. Level 4: 10% damage Level 5: Drains 2 AP from other colors.
    Max Level: 3559 damage
      Ballistic Salvo - Blue 20 bluetile.png
      Fires charged homing missiles. They do 355 damage to each enemy and crater the battlefield, destroying 3 basic tiles. Uses reserve power, sapping 3 AP from other AP colors.
        Level 2: 10% damage Level 3: Reduces non-Blue AP drain to 2. Level 4: 10% damage Level 5: Stuns current target for 2 turns.
      Max Level: 2669 damage
        Recharge - Yellow 6 yellowtile.png
        Recharges weapon systems. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize.
          Level 2: Each Countdown tile also restores 3 Blue AP. Costs 8 AP. Level 3: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Green AP. Costs 10 AP. Level 4: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Purple AP. Costs 12 AP. Level 5: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Black AP. Costs 14 AP.

Older version:
        (stat block added by moderator Nonce Equitaur)

[anchor=ironman3]Iron Man (Model 40)[/anchor]
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP: 7250 Tile damage: 60/67/52/12/11/10
          Unibeam - Red 13 AP
          Tony Stark diverts all power to a focused energy beam fired from Model 40's chest. Deals 473 damage and costs 4 of the team's AP in every other color.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: 10% damage Level 3: Drains 3 AP from other colors. Level 4: 10% damage Level 5: Drains 2 AP from other colors.
          Max Level: 3559 damage
            Ballistic Salvo - Blue 20 AP
            Fires charged homing missiles. They do 355 damage to each enemy and crater the battlefield, destroying 3 basic tiles. Uses reserve power, sapping 3 AP from other AP colors.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: 10% damage Level 3: Reduces non-Blue AP drain to 2. Level 4: 10% damage Level 5: Stuns current target for 2 turns.
            Max Level: 2669 damage
              Recharge - Yellow 6 AP
              Recharges weapon systems. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Each Countdown tile also restores 3 Blue AP. Costs 8 AP. Level 3: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Green AP. Costs 10 AP. Level 4: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Purple AP. Costs 12 AP. Level 5: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Black AP. Costs 14 AP.

Original post:
              Added this to the Character Listing here, but figured people may want to chat about him in particular:

Iron Man (Model 40)
              3 Star Rarity (Rare)
                Unibeam - Red 13 AP Tony Stark diverts all power to a focused energy beam fired from Model 40's chest. Deals 473 damage and costs 4 of the team's AP in every other color. Level Upgrades
                Ballistic Salvo - Blue 20 AP Fires charged homing missiles. They do 355 damage to each enemy and crater the battlefield, destroying 3 basic tiles. Uses reserve power, sapping 3 AP from other AP colors. Level Upgrades
                Recharge - Yellow 6 AP Recharges weapon systems. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize. Level Upgrades

Stats updated 02/18/2016
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• since i've been mistaken without using the characters (i love captain america and thought he'd be ****), this character also seems...

high ap costs for blue and red while draining the **** out of ur mana. maxing yellow for AP gains would seem like the thing to do cept it becomes a 14 yellow ap cost too then. so his abilities will be 13/14/20 ap!! probably matching him up with a maxed lightning storm to generate quick ap would be the best.

still, high ap costs makes him seem lackluster
              • Yeah, I'm not liking all of the high AP costs, the self-stun on his yellow skill, and the AP drainage icon_e_sad.gif. Looks like he does some monster damage though
              • Great as support with reacharge. Sad but cant see nothing more here
              • I'm no expert, but he seems like a good "3rd" character that sits in the back good for recharging and then ultimately jumping in when your main 2 dies in a close match?
              • I agree. Unfortunately eats the whole team as well as in terms of waiting for the charge and eating whole team ap in an offensive mode. Too risky on my taste, but greate for tanking(when we see hp;) and generating ap.
              • Just hope it's about to pair with Iron man, as Tony Stark give this armor to Jim Rhodes(war machine)

"History

Created in secret by Tony Stark when he had to give up being Iron Man for the time being, and given to Jim Rhodes, who previously faked his death against Mandarin's forces.

Rhodes takes the identity of Iron Man while in the suit, and after Tony Stark disappeared, the role became more permanent - but the suit is also equipped with classic War Machine ghost-tech. The palm repulsors are capable of emitting a form of ice or polymer to lock an opponent in place. It also was able to deploy micro-munitions and an EMP blast. (Source: http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_40)"
              • If you don't have enough AP of a certain color for the red skill, you can still use it right? It only costs the red AP to activate, even if you have 0 of the other colors?
              • IceIX
                IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
                ZzzWolph wrote:
                If you don't have enough AP of a certain color for the red skill, you can still use it right? It only costs the red AP to activate, even if you have 0 of the other colors?
                Correct. You could have *just* 13 Red AP and no other and it would work exactly as if you had 13 Red AP and 4 of each other color.
              • It looks great on paper actually.

The only issue I can tell is with the yellow skill. The increasing cost with level seems high, and realistically speaking, after using the red/blue skills that drain all AP, one might not have the necessary yellow AP to do the recharge.
              • Looks pretty cool. Neat teq character. I'd do my best to max out the yellow, then pick a skill I like. His costs aren't so bad, you can always use your ap first, then use iron man.
              • ApocryphicV
                ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
                Aiolia wrote:
                Just hope it's about to pair with Iron man, as Tony Stark give this armor to Jim Rhodes(war machine)

"History

Created in secret by Tony Stark when he had to give up being Iron Man for the time being, and given to Jim Rhodes, who previously faked his death against Mandarin's forces.

Rhodes takes the identity of Iron Man while in the suit, and after Tony Stark disappeared, the role became more permanent - but the suit is also equipped with classic War Machine ghost-tech. The palm repulsors are capable of emitting a form of ice or polymer to lock an opponent in place. It also was able to deploy micro-munitions and an EMP blast. (Source: http://marvel.wikia.com/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_40)"

I believe this armor is based on Tony's Marvel NOW incarnation ( http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ori ... cover.jpeg ) or as I like to call it 'Black and Gold'. Makes sense because the game uses a lot of Marvel NOW references (Thor current outfit, white outfit Magneto).

In regards to the cover itself and its abilities. It looks like a really good pitch hitter/ anchor for a team. As long as it has tons of health like normal Tony, this one can come in at the end and use up all the AP since no else is using it and finish off opponents.
              • Hi,

As per the thread title, what is the max health for Iron Man (Model 40)? Just doing abit of forecasting here icon_e_biggrin.gif

One more suggestion, it would be useful if we can update the character listing/abilities section with their maximum health stat. Or at least, their starting health and level so we can do some extrapolation.

Thanks.
              • I've only fought against him once so far but the AI used his yellow power that:
                Recharge - Yellow 6 AP
                Recharges weapon systems. Creates 3 Countdown tiles that activate after 2 turns, restoring 3 Red AP each. Iron Man is then stunned for 2 turns as systems reinitialize

He used it, it placed 3 countdown tiles on the board, one of which was matched & removed by the AI (I didn't bother trying to match them as Iron Man was the last character standing and very low health), the timers counted down and then stunned him with a 2 turn stun timer. So far, so good. Except when I used my next turn and attacked him with a match, he became unstunned and didn't miss any turns.

There is a slight possibility I missed something and he was stunned for a turn but he definitely wasn't stunned for two turns. Perhaps he is supposed to come unstunned if attacked and its just not mentioned anywhere else? That's definitely not the default behavior for stuns in MPQ so if so, it needs to be documented as that could drastically change strategies.

Edit: Whoops, posted to the wrong forum. Fixed that icon_razz.gif
              • Unknown
                edited July 2015
                Iron Man (Model 40)
                3 Star Rarity (Rare)

Unibeam - Red 13 AP
                Level Upgrades
                Level 2: 10% damage
                Level 3: Drains 3 AP from other colors.
                Level 4: 10% damage
                Level 5: Drains 2 AP from other colors.

Ballistic Salvo - Blue 20 AP
                Level Upgrades
                Level 2: 10% damage
                Level 3: Reduces non-Blue AP drain to 2.
                Level 4: 10% damage
                Level 5: Stuns current target for 2 turns.

Recharge - Yellow 6 AP
                Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Each Countdown tile also restores 3 Blue AP. Costs 8 AP.
                Level 3: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Green AP. Costs 10 AP.
                Level 4: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Purple AP. Costs 12 AP.
                Level 5: Each Countdown tile also restores 2 Black AP. Costs 14 AP.
                [/spoiler]

Stealing ArchJojo's gimmick (sorry, man icon_lol.gif ) to discuss this guy now that Red ISO-8 is over.

I don't have all 3 skills of this card yet, but this really seems like a lousy character. OK, yes, he's 3-star instead of 1-star, so he has a level cap of 141, which is good.

But...his red and blue drain all colors of your AP, not just red or blue, and his yellow stuns himself??

The damage just doesn't seem that good and he doesn't even seem that tanky. Mine is level 15 and has only 950 health.

I can't see myself playing this guy long-term. Thoughts?? Anybody else getting some use out of this guy??
              • I agree, the self stun and the cost of moves versus their damage output just doesn't seem to make him a very cost effective choice
              • the base damage is high, for a reason, it drains all ap. a level 15 character doing 500 damage? that's damn high. its just his blue ap is 20 to activate and jesus f you have to game it to get that high (and that's the cost of 2 storms from classic storm with a 3-4 turn stun that damages whole team? wat the deuce)

i played with him yesterday in shield tournament and literally never got to activate his abilities, except yellow which was...a fun ability but hard to maintain if you have area cleaning
              • Theoretically speaking, if he's the last one left, the turn in which he uses recharge would automatically end and take up 1 stun, no?
              • Nemek
                Nemek Posts: 1,511
                I stocked up on ISO/HP, before getting iron man, so mine is fairly high level now (70ish). So far, I think he's only OK. I think people make too big a deal about the stun, though - you have two other characters that can hold their own just fine for two turns and you just gave them a ton of AP. At level two of his yellow skill, I get 9 red and 9 blue AP in exchange for 8 yellow - that's huge. With spidey, that basically means I can perma stun until the end of the match, so it doesn't matter who I'm facing up against.

I do find it difficult to get to his blue skill, though - 20 AP is a lot, and I use up blue with spidey.

My biggest complaint, though, is I just don't think he's really good for quick matches. At some point in the near future, I think we'll get to a point where most teams can beat most other teams, and the differentiating factor between players will be speed.
              • Theoretically speaking, if he's the last one left, the turn in which he uses recharge would automatically end and take up 1 stun, no?

Its not the turn he uses it but rather the turn the countdown ends but I think you may be on the right path; it depends on if the countdown timers end at the start of his turn or the end of his turn. I can't remember how the other countdown timers work but I believe they are at the end of the owner's (of the countdown timer) turn. If that's the case, then it doesn't explain it as he would have used his turn, then gotten stunned; if it's the other way around, then it might explain it "missing" one turn. I'm too sleepy to do the math at the moment; maybe IceIX will clarify.
              • Countdown tiles always go down at the start of the owners turn. So the countdown hits zero he is stunned and misses his turn and it's your turn and he has a stun timer of 1