**** Punisher (Max) ****

1246715

Comments

  • Philly484Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Variants are different than just skins in this game though. They are different rarity levels, which translates to different power levels. If you like a certain character, but they only have a 2 or 3 star variant, you will never use them anymore in this 4 and 5 star world.

    I get what your saying, but my point to his question was that there are a great deal of players that don't want variants. Plus, I still use many of my 3*'s with my maxed 4*'s, because they prove a better combo. There are too many characters at the Dev's disposal then to create a variant of a character already in the game. If it's Punisher, it's Punisher. I collect and then move on and probably not use him except when he is needed for an essential node in PVE and used in PVP. Plus I am already getting the feeling it probably is Punisher since the people that guess first already have prior insight knowledge of who the champ is anyway.
  • LegasherLegasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    TLCstormz wrote:
    When the single most highest rated ever Marvel non movie production is about to air a new season, why on Earth are people doubting the fact that the upcoming character is a character from that upcoming endeavor?

    I mean really.....

    For a handful of reasons actually.
    1. In the first Marvel article that leaked Quake, the interviw with Bill Rossman had this exchange:

    "Daredevil" is a decidedly more adult show than "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Some Marvel Games, such as "Marvel Avengers Academy," are for younger audiences. In cases like this, do you guys tell the "Academy" people that no, they can't have the TV Daredevil, or do you say to them, "We don't think TV Daredevil works for your game but if you can think of a way to make it work..."?

    That's a decision that we make internally at Marvel Games. It's part of our whole, "With great power comes great responsibility" agreement that we have with everyone we work with. It's why the "Daredevil" stuff is happening in "Marvel: Future Fight," "Marvel Heroes 2016," and "Marvel: Contest of Champions," because the people playing those games are older, while the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." context is coming to "Marvel Puzzle Quest" and "LEGO Marvel's Avengers," which skew younger.

    2. I don't really have too much of an issue with variants (though I don't like it when 2* Wolvie as an opponent disqualifies my OML, grr) but with such a rich character pool, it seems like they should take advantage by generally avoiding variants, with periodic exceptions. Popularity is a big factor for variants, I understand that and agree with it, but there are many very popular characters that aren't in the game yet and some lesser known characters that could be awesome to throw in for fun and to make this game stand out among Marvel games. After all, who had heard of Negasonic Teenage Warhead before the Deadpool movie? But that made it just made the movie more awesome and new.

    3. Everyone has already guessed Punisher. I agree the evidence looks good, but until they officially announce him, what's the point of a speculation forum if everyone gives up and decides it's a foregone conclusion?

    Edit:

    4. The first seasons of all four shows were completely blown off. There's no Agent Carter, no Jessica Jones, Daredevil was in the game for his comic book merits alone... Quake was the first. Hopefully not the last, but certainly until now the devs didn't seem too interested in the "little guys."
  • SangFroidSangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Legasher wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    When the single most highest rated ever Marvel non movie production is about to air a new season, why on Earth are people doubting the fact that the upcoming character is a character from that upcoming endeavor?

    I mean really.....

    For a handful of reasons actually.
    1. In the first Marvel article that leaked Quake, the interviw with Bill Rossman had this exchange:

    "Daredevil" is a decidedly more adult show than "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Some Marvel Games, such as "Marvel Avengers Academy," are for younger audiences. In cases like this, do you guys tell the "Academy" people that no, they can't have the TV Daredevil, or do you say to them, "We don't think TV Daredevil works for your game but if you can think of a way to make it work..."?

    That's a decision that we make internally at Marvel Games. It's part of our whole, "With great power comes great responsibility" agreement that we have with everyone we work with. It's why the "Daredevil" stuff is happening in "Marvel: Future Fight," "Marvel Heroes 2016," and "Marvel: Contest of Champions," because the people playing those games are older, while the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." context is coming to "Marvel Puzzle Quest" and "LEGO Marvel's Avengers," which skew younger.

    2. I don't really have too much of an issue with variants (though I don't like it when 2* Wolvie as an opponent disqualifies my OML, grr) but with such a rich character pool, it seems like they should take advantage by generally avoiding variants, with periodic exceptions. Popularity is a big factor for variants, I understand that and agree with it, but there are many very popular characters that aren't in the game yet and some lesser known characters that could be awesome to throw in for fun and to make this game stand out among Marvel games. After all, who had heard of Negasonic Teenage Warhead before the Deadpool movie? But that made it just made the movie more awesome and new.

    3. Everyone has already guessed Punisher. I agree the evidence looks good, but until they officially announce him, what's the point of a speculation forum if everyone gives up and decides it's a foregone conclusion?

    Edit:

    4. The first seasons of all four shows were completely blown off. There's no Agent Carter, no Jessica Jones, Daredevil was in the game for his comic book merits alone... Quake was the first. Hopefully not the last, but certainly until now the devs didn't seem too interested in the "little guys."


    Last point is not true. Kingpin was introduced when the first season of DD dropped he was forced into a release schedule that was just nuts because it had to coincide with the release of DD (there were 3-4 back to back releases as I recall at the time and it was madness).
  • LegasherLegasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    SangFroid wrote:
    Legasher wrote:

    4. The first seasons of all four shows were completely blown off. There's no Agent Carter, no Jessica Jones, Daredevil was in the game for his comic book merits alone... Quake was the first. Hopefully not the last, but certainly until now the devs didn't seem too interested in the "little guys."


    Last point is not true. Kingpin was introduced when the first season of DD dropped he was forced into a release schedule that was just nuts because it had to coincide with the release of DD (there were 3-4 back to back releases as I recall at the time and it was madness).

    Ah. I did forget about him. I remember that now.
  • ForbushForbush Age Unconfirmed Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

    Anyway here's how I envision Black Bolt to be like:

    I really like this design. It's very in-character, and if there's any ability that should wipe the board, it's BB's scream.



    On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.
  • Philly484Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Forbush wrote:

    Anyway here's how I envision Black Bolt to be like:

    I really like this design. It's very in-character, and if there's any ability that should wipe the board, it's BB's scream.



    On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.

    The clue was and is "Stay Vigilant..." The word Vigilante, which has a completely different meaning, was never used in the update. And if you read a lot of the comments on this thread most people are equating the word vigilant to vigilante.
  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forbush wrote:
    On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.
    Your dictionary sucks. Mine has a picture of Charles Bronson next to it...
  • chamber44chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Forbush wrote:
    On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.
    Your dictionary sucks. Mine has a picture of Charles Bronson next to it...
    FTW
  • WarbringaWarbringa Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Forbush wrote:
    On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.
    Your dictionary sucks. Mine has a picture of Charles Bronson next to it...

    Sounds like someone has a Death Wish icon_mrgreen.gif
  • WarbringaWarbringa Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly484 wrote:
    Forbush wrote:

    Anyway here's how I envision Black Bolt to be like:

    I really like this design. It's very in-character, and if there's any ability that should wipe the board, it's BB's scream.



    On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.

    The clue was and is "Stay Vigilant..." The word Vigilante, which has a completely different meaning, was never used in the update. And if you read a lot of the comments on this thread most people are equating the word vigilant to vigilante.

    Actually vigilante is directly originated from the Spanish word for vigilant so there is your etymology lesson for the day. In English, you can clearly see vigilant in vigilante right? Not exactly like a leap over the Grand Canyon. Vigilantes must, by definition stay vigilant, as they act outside of the law and attempt to prevent crime and/or bring those who break the law to their own form of justice. They rationalize what they are doing because official law enforcement is not being vigilant enough. Sorry I just couldn't let that one go....but I will stop there icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • evade420evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    ok so it is the Punisher, I'm guessing this is comming out after EOTS pve.

    MAX???
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,947 Chairperson of the Boards
    And Facebook just asked "Which Punisher ability do you use the most?" It's pretty clear now, them asking which of those three abilities do you use, the Half-Life 3 is confirmed.
  • edotleeedotlee Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Looks like a partner for Nova.
  • jobobjobob Posts: 641 Critical Contributor
    Philly484 wrote:
    Forbush wrote:

    Anyway here's how I envision Black Bolt to be like:

    I really like this design. It's very in-character, and if there's any ability that should wipe the board, it's BB's scream.



    On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.

    The clue was and is "Stay Vigilant..." The word Vigilante, which has a completely different meaning, was never used in the update. And if you read a lot of the comments on this thread most people are equating the word vigilant to vigilante.

    I am still holding out hope it's a reference to Marvel's Inhumanity PR campaign:

    Be_Vigilant.jpg

    Colors seem to fit well with Black Bolt... as does stunning the team mates with his power.
  • pabasa130pabasa130 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    My Venom Bomb token was updated. Punisher it is. Next to X force wolvie
  • jobobjobob Posts: 641 Critical Contributor
    pabasa130 wrote:
    My Venom Bomb token was updated. Punisher it is. Next to X force wolvie
    Well... dang. Was hoping for someone cooler.
  • FierceKiwiFierceKiwi Age Unconfirmed Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Unpossible good sir (or madam) there is no one cooler than Frank...and if there is he's obviously committing a crime and Frank will soon enough kill him.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    pabasa130 wrote:
    My Venom Bomb token was updated. Punisher it is. Next to X force wolvie
    Pics or it didn't happen. :p
  • poomermonpoomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    MDzytla.png

    Anyone know which version this punisher is?
  • JathroJathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    The Punisher (Classic)?

    I'm speculating
Sign In or Register to comment.