**** Punisher (Max) ****

Comments

• FierceKiwiFierceKiwi Age Unconfirmed Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    I still think there's something left out.

There almost always is. It's not like it's rocket surgery for them to rip out the flavor text and just post what these abilities actually do in an anonymous way...but what do I know.
  • IamTheDangerIamTheDanger Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first thought on reading this was Black Bolt as well. I'm not that much of a Punisher fan, but from what I do know, the abilities could fit him as well. But they fit several other characters too. I just think the stay vigilant clue fits Black Bolt best. One slip of the tongue and he could hurt a lot of his friends. Plus a whole lot of property damage. icon_lol.gif Not to mention the stunning of allies. If he lets loose, everyone around, friend or foe, will feel the effects.

JJ
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Trust me, if it was Blackagar Boltagon you'd be hearing all about it from me icon_e_wink.gif

Anyway here's how I envision Black Bolt to be like:
    Hypersonic Whisper blacktile.png11 AP
    The slightest whisper from Black Bolt can level a mountain. Deals 938 damage to the target and destroys the centre 2x2 block of tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP.

If Black Bolt has less than 10% health left, this power becomes Hypersonic Scream.

2 covers: Deals 1247 damage and also creates 2 strength 57 Strike tiles.
    3 covers: Deals 1845 damage and creates 2 strength 96 Strike tiles.
    4 covers: Deals 2563 damage and destroys the centre 2x4 block of tiles.
    5 covers: Deals 3812 damage, destroys the centre 4x4 block of tiles, creates 5 strength 77 Strike tiles.

Hypersonic Scream blacktile.png16 AP
    On the verge of defeat, Black Bolt unleashes the full power of his voice, tearing planets in half. Deals 2469 damage to the enemy team, stuns the enemy team for one turn, and destroys all 64 tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP.

2 covers: 3268 damage.
    3 covers: 4615 damage.
    4 covers: Stuns enemy team for 2 turns.
    5 covers: 6539 damage.

Electron Beam yellowtile.png9 AP
    Black Bolt gathers electrons unto himself, directing a concentrated blast at his foe. Does 673 damage plus 125 for every Charged tile on the board. Destroys all Charged tiles, then creates 3 Charged tiles.

2 covers: 725 plus 154 for every Charged tile. Creates 4 Charged tiles.
    3 covers: 931 plus 195 for every Charged tile.
    4 covers: Creates 5 Charged tiles.
    5 covers: 1268 plus 301 for every Charged tile. Creates 6 Charged tiles.

Ruler of Attilan bluetile.png12 AP
    Black Bolt summons the royal Attilan family to protect the Inhumans. Karnak's intellect puts the foe at a disadvantage, shuffling the entire gameboard.

2 covers: Gorgon arrives with brute force. (Deals 828 damage to the target and destroys a random 2x2 block of tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP. Requires 6 Red AP)
    3 covers: Crystal controls the elements. (Turns 6 tiles of a selected colour into a chosen colour. So for example, you click a purple tile first, followed by a green tile. This ability will then change 6 random green tiles into purple tiles. Requires 6 Yellow AP)
    4 covers: Triton calls on aquatic aid. (Deals 997 damage to the target, boosts 3 friendly special tiles by 43, and creates 3 Blue Charged tiles. Requires 6 Green AP)
    5 covers: Medusa comes to her husband's side. (Destroys 6 selected tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP, hits the enemy team for 1256 damage, and stuns a random opponent for 2 turns. Requires 6 Purple AP).
  • bluepressurebluepressure Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4
    Daredevil season 2 comes out this week on netflix so yeah punisher or daredevil
  • mega ghostmega ghost Posts: 1,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that we know what the moveset is it no longer sounds like Daredevil (Shadowland), unless all of this strike tile and damage stuff relates to him using the Hand ninja at his disposal, and I'm sure it's another Punisher... but that's sad and boring, so I'm going to make some guesses as to runner-ups.

First and foremost, BISHOP. These powers line up with his energy-absorbing abilities. The big green attack that stuns your allies could be him absorbing a ton of radiant energy and releasing a big, concussive blast. If the moves remove strike tiles when used, that would make even more sense with the store-and-release style of attack. As for the "Stay vigilant" clue... that could reference his relationship with the storylines around the Sentinels (literally defined as "a soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch.) Plus he's got the branded eye. Plus when he comes to our time from the future he serves as a bodyguard to Xavier. Plus isn't he in the upcoming X-Men movie?
  • Philly484Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    I'm still not seeing this is just a variant of one of them. DD may come out this week but Jessica Jones came out on Netflix too, and she isn't in game. If its a Classic DD I could sort of see, but I'm going to say if it's this month its a Female. If they come out in April or April 1st it probably is the rumored Howard the Duck.
  • bpcontrabpcontra Age Unconfirmed Posts: 176
    Jessica Jones would be a cute little 1* methinks
  • PhatJeph[BattleCats]PhatJeph[BattleCats] Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4
    edited March 2016
    Is there a female version of Punisher to coincide with this month?!? Lynn Michaels. Finally found her.
  • WolarsenWolarsen Age Unconfirmed Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    https://www.google.es/imgres?imgurl=htt ... MwgbKAAwAA
    In this number, Punisher shots DDevil with concussion ammo so he can beat a criminal for info; fits perfectlt with mew ability
    Sorry for the link, i cant post image directly :O
  • wymtimewymtime Posts: 3,465 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daredevil season 2 comes out this week on netflix so yeah punisher or daredevil
    Fairly certain Dare Devil in the 4* land would have a red power cause you know his red suite.
    It will be a 4* punisher to go with Daredevil season since Punisher is the main add to the show.
  • Handoftheking26Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I really like Frank, but I hope you guys are wrong. These powers to me don't really fit, and it would be yet another example of adding a new character instead of fixing the broken one (spidey). Also, its bad enough Goblin has no green, but adding a Punisher with no black would be some serious salt in that wound....or are they really saying that rarity, colors, AND powers have nothing to do with the actual comic character?
  • LegasherLegasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    wymtime wrote:
    Fairly certain Dare Devil in the 4* land would have a red power cause you know his red suite.

I think Green Goblin not having a green power basically throws this idea right out the window. Plus, a number of people have been suggesting the Shadowland version, which is a black suit anyways.
    Also, its bad enough Goblin has no green, but adding a Punisher with no black would be some serious salt in that wound....or are they really saying that rarity, colors, AND powers have nothing to do with the actual comic character?

Not sure what you're talking about. The first listed power is black, the character is blackflag.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.png. Also, no one has said that any of rarity and powers have "nothing" to do with the character, just not "everything." Rarity, as people have already mentioned, has numerous factors - Popularity, in-universe power, timing of release... The powers as a whole almost always fit the characters pretty well, the question is just how powerful those powers are in the game (for example, Spidey's webbing is enough to stop a mook in the comics dead in his tracks, but usually means almost nothing to Doc Ock. In the game, it affects both the same - meaning flavorwise it affects the mook much less than it "should" and Doc Ock much more. In both cases, some people are going to feel that the 1-2 turn stun is a good fit for his power level and some that he should be stronger.) but the power level is far more dependent on the rarity than the flavor. Also, the in-game mechanics can represent incredibly diverse flavor ideas. Quake's damage reduction represents her ability to gather intelligence, while Vision's is literally being harder to hurt.

Color, on the other hand, is supposed to have everything to do with the in-game mechanics of the powers themselves, though as someone mentioned above, Demi may not have the same level of color identity that you may see in other games, like Magic: The Gathering.

Basically the way I understand it, they start with the character they want to design, so flavor is determined first. The rarity is determined with flavor as one of many factors. The mechanics are hammered out with flavor determining the "how" and rarity determining the "how much." Probably they come up with six or seven possible powers, then assign colors to those powers, then figure out which color combination would let them work well with other characters for both flavor and balance, then adjust if it looks like it would break another character.
  • Hoho69Hoho69 Posts: 48
    I think its punisher and I think it can be very deadly, I am thinking this combo:

Unknown, black panther , Prof X...

strategy: Prof X goes invisible ASAP, shortly followed by unknown Blue and Black Panther Blue , and Black Panther yellow also ASAP. and Prof X purple power while invisible enhances the hitting power of the shields and strike tiles, then for a coup de grace to take your enemiews down, the uknown black comes in , and end of story. or if enemy still standing but a bunch are down, then unknown green comes in for the final kill.

Also instead of black panther, Iron fist is a can do.

I already like this upcoming character and yes I agree its the Punisher 4 star.
  • Hoho69Hoho69 Posts: 48
    After all the analysis, I think this upcoming character is better than Quake and with the right combo cause mucho mucho damage. Imagine, black power comes out, you have like what 6 strong strike tiles enhanced multiple times by prof X, then the black power comes out, not only extra damange from strike tiles but the strike tiles will actually enhance the damage again. Deadly.
  • TLCstormzTLCstormz Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,668
    When the single most highest rated ever Marvel non movie production is about to air a new season, why on Earth are people doubting the fact that the upcoming character is a character from that upcoming endeavor?

I mean really.....
  • CrowlCrowl Posts: 1,524 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    When the single most highest rated ever Marvel non movie production is about to air a new season, why on Earth are people doubting the fact that the upcoming character is a character from that upcoming endeavor?

I mean really.....

Maybe it is simply wishful thinking that we will get an actual new character rather than just another variant.
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,947 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, MPQ advertised Daredevil Returns this morning. It mentioned the in-game events featuring him, but it certainly leans more strongly to someone associated with the series. Maybe it's a new Kingpin? We've never had a variant in the same tier. Yeah, I'm kidding. Punisher most likely. Poor Daredevil. Except for Bullseye, he's lower tier than the ones associated with him.
  • bobbyfishbobbyfish Age Unconfirmed Posts: 299
    I'm hoping for black suit Daredevil rather than Punisher, but I agree something that stuns your own team sounds more cutthroat and 'punishery'

Unless it's some kind of 'lights out' move which is meant to disorientate characters, but I'm not sure how that works with increasing in strength with kills
  • Philly484Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    TLCstormz wrote:

I mean really.....

Because some of us in the MPQ community are tired of variants of characters we already have. I get the fact if Marvel is forcing their hand, but I mean I don't see the purpose of having another Punisher. Unless its Lady Punisher, and I already know that is a stretch, variants might as well just be a skin u can buy for a champion already in play. I mean I guess if it is Punisher its probably War Zone Punisher.

latest?cb=20090901133903
  • notamutantnotamutant Age Unconfirmed Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Philly484 wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

I mean really.....

Because some of us in the MPQ community are tired of variants of characters we already have. I get the fact if Marvel is forcing their hand, but I mean I don't see the purpose of having another Punisher. Unless its Lady Punisher, and I already know that is a stretch, variants might as well just be a skin u can buy for a champion already in play. I mean I guess if it is Punisher its probably War Zone Punisher.

Variants are different than just skins in this game though. They are different rarity levels, which translates to different power levels. If you like a certain character, but they only have a 2 or 3 star variant, you will never use them anymore in this 4 and 5 star world.