**** Punisher (Max) ****

Comments

• SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Legasher wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    When the single most highest rated ever Marvel non movie production is about to air a new season, why on Earth are people doubting the fact that the upcoming character is a character from that upcoming endeavor?

I mean really.....

For a handful of reasons actually.
    1. In the first Marvel article that leaked Quake, the interviw with Bill Rossman had this exchange:

"Daredevil" is a decidedly more adult show than "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." Some Marvel Games, such as "Marvel Avengers Academy," are for younger audiences. In cases like this, do you guys tell the "Academy" people that no, they can't have the TV Daredevil, or do you say to them, "We don't think TV Daredevil works for your game but if you can think of a way to make it work..."?

That's a decision that we make internally at Marvel Games. It's part of our whole, "With great power comes great responsibility" agreement that we have with everyone we work with. It's why the "Daredevil" stuff is happening in "Marvel: Future Fight," "Marvel Heroes 2016," and "Marvel: Contest of Champions," because the people playing those games are older, while the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." context is coming to "Marvel Puzzle Quest" and "LEGO Marvel's Avengers," which skew younger.

2. I don't really have too much of an issue with variants (though I don't like it when 2* Wolvie as an opponent disqualifies my OML, grr) but with such a rich character pool, it seems like they should take advantage by generally avoiding variants, with periodic exceptions. Popularity is a big factor for variants, I understand that and agree with it, but there are many very popular characters that aren't in the game yet and some lesser known characters that could be awesome to throw in for fun and to make this game stand out among Marvel games. After all, who had heard of Negasonic Teenage Warhead before the Deadpool movie? But that made it just made the movie more awesome and new.

3. Everyone has already guessed Punisher. I agree the evidence looks good, but until they officially announce him, what's the point of a speculation forum if everyone gives up and decides it's a foregone conclusion?

Edit:

4. The first seasons of all four shows were completely blown off. There's no Agent Carter, no Jessica Jones, Daredevil was in the game for his comic book merits alone... Quake was the first. Hopefully not the last, but certainly until now the devs didn't seem too interested in the "little guys."

Last point is not true. Kingpin was introduced when the first season of DD dropped he was forced into a release schedule that was just nuts because it had to coincide with the release of DD (there were 3-4 back to back releases as I recall at the time and it was madness).
  • Legasher
    Legasher Posts: 67 Match Maker
    SangFroid wrote:
    Legasher wrote:

4. The first seasons of all four shows were completely blown off. There's no Agent Carter, no Jessica Jones, Daredevil was in the game for his comic book merits alone... Quake was the first. Hopefully not the last, but certainly until now the devs didn't seem too interested in the "little guys."

Last point is not true. Kingpin was introduced when the first season of DD dropped he was forced into a release schedule that was just nuts because it had to coincide with the release of DD (there were 3-4 back to back releases as I recall at the time and it was madness).

Ah. I did forget about him. I remember that now.
  • Forbush
    Forbush Posts: 25 Just Dropped In

Anyway here's how I envision Black Bolt to be like:

I really like this design. It's very in-character, and if there's any ability that should wipe the board, it's BB's scream.

On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Forbush wrote:

I really like this design. It's very in-character, and if there's any ability that should wipe the board, it's BB's scream.

On the subject of "Stay vigilant": I find it kind of surprising many of you are ignoring the existence of the word "vigilante". If you look up that word in the dictionary, chances are Frank Castle's picture is right next to it.

The clue was and is "Stay Vigilant..." The word Vigilante, which has a completely different meaning, was never used in the update. And if you read a lot of the comments on this thread most people are equating the word vigilant to vigilante.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forbush wrote:
    Your dictionary sucks. Mine has a picture of Charles Bronson next to it...
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Forbush wrote:
    FTW
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Forbush wrote:

Sounds like someone has a Death Wish icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly484 wrote:
    Forbush wrote:

The clue was and is "Stay Vigilant..." The word Vigilante, which has a completely different meaning, was never used in the update. And if you read a lot of the comments on this thread most people are equating the word vigilant to vigilante.

Actually vigilante is directly originated from the Spanish word for vigilant so there is your etymology lesson for the day. In English, you can clearly see vigilant in vigilante right? Not exactly like a leap over the Grand Canyon. Vigilantes must, by definition stay vigilant, as they act outside of the law and attempt to prevent crime and/or bring those who break the law to their own form of justice. They rationalize what they are doing because official law enforcement is not being vigilant enough. Sorry I just couldn't let that one go....but I will stop there icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    ok so it is the Punisher, I'm guessing this is comming out after EOTS pve.

MAX???
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    And Facebook just asked "Which Punisher ability do you use the most?" It's pretty clear now, them asking which of those three abilities do you use, the Half-Life 3 is confirmed.
  • edotlee
    edotlee Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Looks like a partner for Nova.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Philly484 wrote:
    Forbush wrote:

I am still holding out hope it's a reference to Marvel's Inhumanity PR campaign:

Be_Vigilant.jpg

Colors seem to fit well with Black Bolt... as does stunning the team mates with his power.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    My Venom Bomb token was updated. Punisher it is. Next to X force wolvie
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Well... dang. Was hoping for someone cooler.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Unpossible good sir (or madam) there is no one cooler than Frank...and if there is he's obviously committing a crime and Frank will soon enough kill him.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Pics or it didn't happen. :p
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    MDzytla.png

Anyone know which version this punisher is?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    The Punisher (Classic)?

I'm speculating
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Sad day icon_cry.gif It's probably his Marvel Knights Appearance back in 2000's when he typically wore the trench coat at that time.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking good!