Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    himatako said:
    Been having fun pairing Mr. F with Okoye. Okoye's black boosts Imaginaut's damage, so you basically deal +3,000dmg every time you make a red, yellow or green match if you have enough TU. Using Okoye as a tank, you'd want to chase yellow or red anyway so that you can keep healing her or use her red to destroy a row that'll lead to another red/yellow/green match. With Mr. F's blue, the protect tiles will help ensure Okoye's survival. 

Not sure about the third yet, since I've been using them with the useless Vision. I might try this team in SIM and see who'll be the best third team . Probably a purple user. 
    Medusa seems an obvious choice.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Every time I try some of anyone's fun team I end up with bad boards that either in the case of goons lets all of their cd:s resolve and kill me. Or with tile swappers massive cascades that kill you. Sigh.
    I feel ya.  My alliance mates said to use MeH with America and Mockingbird, but during MeH PVP I couldn't get it to work, was getting murderized.  Then tried it out in PVE and it worked fine for me.  RNG is quite fickle :neutral:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That MEH pvp wasn't the place for mockingbird/chavez since neither was boosted and a boosted Mordo is a swift killer of the unwary. He can 1-shot most non-boosted 4*s for 10 blue. Hulkbuster is another 1 Punch Man, so it hasn't been the best event to try out novelty teams like that I wouldn't think.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    That MEH pvp wasn't the place for mockingbird/chavez since neither was boosted and a boosted Mordo is a swift killer of the unwary. He can 1-shot most non-boosted 4*s for 10 blue. Hulkbuster is another 1 Punch Man, so it hasn't been the best event to try out novelty teams like that I wouldn't think.
    I totally got that, but they kept raving about it.  So, I tried it just to see what I was potentially missing.  Usually when boosted I'll run Mordo/HB.  This time used Ghost/Mordo...wow Ghost hits hard.  Considering I don't have champed 5*, this is as close to 5* damage that I'll get for a while.  
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I totally got that, but they kept raving about it.  So, I tried it just to see what I was potentially missing.  Usually when boosted I'll run Mordo/HB.  This time used Ghost/Mordo...wow Ghost hits hard.  Considering I don't have champed 5*, this is as close to 5* damage that I'll get for a while.  
    You could try that combo: Amer-mocking-hulk (name needs work, I know) in simulator. I find the sim a good testing ground as you can always hunt around for a similarly levelled opponent that isn’t playing the long game on AP or whatever your test team is built to counter.
    I find that particular team to be a lot of fun: punches, kicks, explosions and gamma-bombs galore. 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    You could try that combo: Amer-mocking-hulk (name needs work, I know) in simulator. I find the sim a good testing ground as you can always hunt around for a similarly levelled opponent that isn’t playing the long game on AP or whatever your test team is built to counter.
    I find that particular team to be a lot of fun: punches, kicks, explosions and gamma-bombs galore. 
    Don't be afraid to throw SWitch in there too.  Run MEH on 5/5/3.  Double swap by MEH to help get Chavez going.  Occasional cascade due to SWitch's blue matching, as well as the eventual pink conversion.  Pinks add up to fire the Gamma.  It can be a very fast team.  It was extremely fast when MEH was boosted.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My sole 5* Champion Okoye with 4* Deadpool for PvP, or Medusa and Doctor Strange for PvE. In Cold War I not only hit 900 for the 4th time since I began playing (1660 days ago) but I pushed on and hit 1,000 pts for the first time ever!

With the Gambit nerf I'm seeing a huge variety in the 5*s I'm facing, too. Of course there's Thor and Jessica Jones, but I'm also seeing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Thanos, Panther, Phoenix, Doc Oc, Bruce Banner, Black Bolt, and even Gambit! It seems not everyone sold their Gambit, and some people are still running him. I took on a duo champion Gambit & Black Bolt team and I WON! To be fair, taking on champion 5*s with Okoye & 4* DP is almost unfair...for the other guys! :smiley:

I know the general advice is to never champion just one 5*, but I'm very glad I championed Okoye. I'm not only having FUN playing MPQ again, I'm having fun playing PvP, and I only ever did PvP to get the 10CP because I hated the way it worked. Yes, the wins based system is more casual friendly, and yes, for Cold War I did finally get the 4* cover after 39 wins :smiley: but even though I got knocked down several times in the 850s before going over 900, I didn't really care. I was finally having fun playing this game again :smiley:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    My sole 5* Champion Okoye with 4* Deadpool for PvP, or Medusa and Doctor Strange for PvE. In Cold War I not only hit 900 for the 4th time since I began playing (1660 days ago) but I pushed on and hit 1,000 pts for the first time ever!

With the Gambit nerf I'm seeing a huge variety in the 5*s I'm facing, too. Of course there's Thor and Jessica Jones, but I'm also seeing Spider-Man, Daredevil, Thanos, Panther, Phoenix, Doc Oc, Bruce Banner, Black Bolt, and even Gambit! It seems not everyone sold their Gambit, and some people are still running him. I took on a duo champion Gambit & Black Bolt team and I WON! To be fair, taking on champion 5*s with Okoye & 4* DP is almost unfair...for the other guys! :smiley:

I know the general advice is to never champion just one 5*, but I'm very glad I championed Okoye. I'm not only having FUN playing MPQ again, I'm having fun playing PvP, and I only ever did PvP to get the 10CP because I hated the way it worked. Yes, the wins based system is more casual friendly, and yes, for Cold War I did finally get the 4* cover after 39 wins :smiley: but even though I got knocked down several times in the 850s before going over 900, I didn't really care. I was finally having fun playing this game again :smiley:
    Champing *just* one 5* isn't necessarily a bad thing. A lot of it depends on the 5* you're champing, and right now Okoye is probably one of the best sole 5* champs to have. 

As soon as you champ a second one though is when you'll likely see your MMR really shift upwards. So if you can, try to make sure whichever character it is works well with Okoye (good news: lots of them do), or you even champ a handful of 5*s all at once so you have choices and variety to choose from. Only drawback to that is all the ISO that will take. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Insane synergistic team in the Winter Soldier PVP!

Paired Bucky with Carol and MEH. 

Bucky getting the essential boost made him ONE level higher than Hulk (coincidentally my highest 4* unboosted). 

With Purple as strongest, enemy matches were fueling powerbomb like crazy. Hulk’s 5 fortified countdowns can buff Carol’s strikes or WS’s attack tiles to high levels when they expire. OR, use Carol’s yellow to pop any of Bucky’s countdowns early. Almost a full rainbow too.  Just missing green. Was able to walk to 1000 easily off this team. 

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boosted 4* R&G with Milano support, boosted 4* Star-Lord, 4* Drax. 

Do I really need to explain how fast this team wipes out goons? 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    Every time I try some of anyone's fun team I end up with bad boards that either in the case of goons lets all of their cd:s resolve and kill me. Or with tile swappers massive cascades that kill you. Sigh.
    I feel ya.  My alliance mates said to use MeH with America and Mockingbird, but during MeH PVP I couldn't get it to work, was getting murderized.  Then tried it out in PVE and it worked fine for me.  RNG is quite fickle :neutral:
    That's who I used for his pvp. The only downside of it is if you get a bad board or the enemy gets a big cascade that doesn't have match 4s or 5s then you have to spend the match collecting enough purple for his gamma while limiting the damage that America and Mockingbird take and then you have to heal them for the next match. The upside though is you can end the match pretty quickly with a free gamma from MB and with America tossing out criticals left and right. I remember one match I got a huge cascade, then did a match 4 which gave me a couple more purples, then the next turn they had a little cascade and did a purple match 4, which set off MB and she did Hulk's gamma instantly killing Mordo and gave Hulk a ton of damage then I ended the match with my regular gamma. When it works it's absolutely glorious. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just tried 5* daredevil, valkyrie, and agent venom in simulator. Poor venom went down pretty quick but he unleashed quite a bit of pain with all the yellow he got from valkyries bounties. The other 2 were invisible for most of the match.
  • ROTBI
    ROTBI Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Boosted 4* R&G with Milano support, boosted 4* Star-Lord, 4* Drax. 

Do I really need to explain how fast this team wipes out goons? 
    I use 4-star Punisher instead of Drax.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I champed Shuri last night so with the discussion of MEHulk and Mockingbird I thought that maybe Shuri could work in place of America. Fortified tiles from Shuri and Hulk, occasional fortified tiles from Bobbi's bombshell as well as free fortified abilities, cheaper Hulk gamma, cheaper everything really. Well, I'm pumping out fortified tiles left and right so that's increased match damage as well. Mixed results so far but in all of my time playing this game I've just seen something for the very first time. A fortified critical. And I'm about to use it to do something that I've never done before. It shall be my first match of a fortified critical with two other fortified tiles. Guys, I think I'm about to break the game.
    I love that you stopped mid match to post about this...
  • Tensuun
    Tensuun Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Quake (3/5/5), Main Event Hulk (3/5/5), Shuri (5/4/2) has been a pretty fun team to use. I'd run Shuri 5/3/5 if I had her champed, of course.

I pretty much just want to somehow activate Shuri's passive so I can start spamming everything else. Shuri can do it with a couple back-to-back red activations, but Hulk's yellow is more efficient if I can get it.

I can't use black, but who cares? Quake can get rid of that easily, especially once there are enough fortified tiles out.

Even with only three ranks in yellow, Quake did a decent job of letting me generally ignore Maggia and Mindless Ones. At higher difficulties I might reallocate from green as it's honestly the least important power in this group.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was bored so I tested out a team of Rogue, Peggy and Vulture in Shield Sim. Only took about a couple hours to find a team without a Medusa or Grocket. Finally found an Okoye team with a 3* Spidey. It started out with a heavy yellow board but I was able to get some greens for Rogue to suppress any yellows. Then got Vulture off the ground. He fueled Peggy's blue so I threw out some stuns. Rogue is preoccupied with yellow so the greens kept piling up. Couple more turns and Peggy's blues took out Spidey and the other teammate. Just Okoye left. More blue and green ap generated. Threw out more Peggy tiles, then laid down two Vulture greens. All tiles were spread out. Okoye at full health. Tiles go off at the same time. RIP Okoye. Probably the most surprising thing was that even though it started with a heavy yellow board and Rogue was focused on yellow I never got more than one yellow the entire match.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tensuun said:

Even with only three ranks in yellow, Quake did a decent job of letting me generally ignore Maggia and Mindless Ones. At higher difficulties I might reallocate from green as it's honestly the least important power in this group.
    In SCL 9, for the 2-star through 5-star required nodes, the LVL 250 Mindless Ones do about 5K damage with their green, so a Champed Quake could still essentially nullify that.

For the 5-star required node, the LVL 515 Mindless Ones do 34,998 damage.  Sadly, that's just a tad more than Quake can handle.  On the bright side, at least they don't do 35,000 damage.  :)
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vulture, Okoye and St4rlord made quick work of the Kingpin 5-star node in Orb of Agamatto. The number of tiles the Dons trigger with their pushing out tiles made Starlord's punch hit like a freaking mack truck to down Kingpin quickly. Vulture flying generated the Blue and Green's he used, and Okoye used yellows for cheap healing. Starlord used gathered purple to overrun the countdown tiles that Vulture didn't clean up. Just a beautiful synergistic team.