Your latest fun team combination

1112113114115116118»

Comments

• SekiliciousSekilicious Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    If thor hasn't been nerfed by now, that nerf ain't coming my dude lol

I was probably failing to make a joke. The winfinite looks a little convoluted so hopefully none get the nerf hammer.
  • AkoniAkoni Posts: 606 Critical Contributor
    I opened Web 2.0 and saw Polaris, Polaris, and Polaris. After realizing it wan't some family owned law firm I decided to mix it up a bit and try a different team to pair with Miles. I stumbled upon Miles Morales/C4ptain Marvel/3carlet Witch. I won my match against Miles/Polaris/Sabretooth with almost no health lost. I am definitely trying this one out some more. Then I realized how amazing that team would actually be.

Imagine you're a villain and you turn around to see Captain Marvel, Miles Morales, and Scarlet Witch. Miles turns invisible just as CM flies right at you. SW stays behind with her hands starting to glow. You realize that an invisible Miles is bad news, but you can't dedicate the resources to finding him cause CM is punching you in the face. Every time you start to get one over on CM, SW intervenes like a sniper in the distance. You're thinking "I gotta dodge CM and take out SW before she messes me up bad," but you can't because Miles is waiting to catch you slipping and deal the final blow. How was this team not a thing in the comics?
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,452 Chairperson of the Boards
    in the Anniversary Simulator I'm running Odin/Shuri/Heimdall against all comers. My Odin is a lame build at 3/4/2 level 390, but even so it's a pretty good team. I have been using +2 to red and blue boosts. It's super satisfying to make a match-3 of fortified reds and then be able to wipe twice with heimdall for around 80k total. I've been tossing the team airborne whenever anyone is about to hit hard; I'd briefly thought that Apocalypse's Red had been "fixed" so that it would target the active character with the lowest health, but it will still target an airborne character and do nothing, so that's also pretty funny.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWifeTheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    in the Anniversary Simulator I'm running Odin/Shuri/Heimdall against all comers. My Odin is a lame build at 3/4/2 level 390, but even so it's a pretty good team. I have been using +2 to red and blue boosts. It's super satisfying to make a match-3 of fortified reds and then be able to wipe twice with heimdall for around 80k total. I've been tossing the team airborne whenever anyone is about to hit hard; I'd briefly thought that Apocalypse's Red had been "fixed" so that it would target the active character with the lowest health, but it will still target an airborne character and do nothing, so that's also pretty funny.
    I saw this synergy possibility and started to roster Shuri a few months ago to use this exact team . I’ve got a 333 Shuri and a 443 Odin with a champed Heimdall. I’m hoping to test it in about a month as well. 
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 6,452 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not like unstoppable or anything, but it is pretty fun. I may try some variations with Ronan in the mix to see how that goes.
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 4,977 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to use Shuri and Heimdall together again but my game will slow down a lot and it happens when there are a lot of fortified tiles, like at least 60-70% of the board fortified. Strangely, it happens only with Shuri and Heimdall when I'm spamming their fortification powers. I suspect that the game is running the code to check for Heimdall's ap cost reduction for every single action taken.
  • Srheer0Srheer0 Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Shang Chi, Rescue and I think Wanda against a kitty polaris and brb. 

I couldn't get blue AP quick enough to stop the board from being flooded with protects. BUT. I did manage to fire rescue's blue after most of the board was enemy protects. They had 15k or 150k worth of protect tiles out after the board settled. But I had 28+ red AP and shang just rekt at that point.   

Very satisfying to win that match. 
  • hothiehothie Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    With Hydra Stomper and Peggy both boosted for the Guardians pvp, I've tried out some different dance partners for them, and I'm settling on Mantis. (Morbius is good, too.)

It's got a winning record against Polaris teams, having faced them almost exclusively. I've even beaten Polaris/R4G/Juggs, which is the threesome I run in pve because they are so good together. But this team has some tools to handle them.

Having HS and Peggy together makes them both immune to stun, which has come up often enough to matter. HS is a battery, so you have to decide which power to fire first.

I usually fire HS yellow first, which puts shields on the board, for a couple of reasons:
    1. Juggs likes nothing less than to see his AoE damage reduced to 1 via shields.
    2. It gives me a special tile to have on the board for when I fire Mantis yellow next. Then when I do fire Mantis yellow, I usually match it right away, so I heal, and then stun the enemy next turn because of that due to Mantis purple passive.

The green AP is situational. I usually fire Mantis green first for a stun-lock on someone, then can fire HS green later for damage.

Obviously Mantis stuns, but Peggy's blue does as well, so that's not to be discounted. And Peggy's Red is often a finisher. It's surprisingly good in this event, so we'll see how far I can go with it.
  • AkoniAkoni Posts: 606 Critical Contributor
    Powered up Juggs is a beast, but I've been running a couple of teams against him with great success:

Polaris/BRB/Quake
    Polaris/BRB/5Witch
    Juggs/Quake/5Witch

Against other teams, one of my favorites has been Juggs/Ragnarok/Throg. Juggs tanks on all but yellow so his matches on red power Rag's blue tile generation and his matches on blue and green fuel Throg's charge tile generation. Occasionally, I have to match a yellow which puts Throg out in front for damage, but it's made up for when Throg sends everyone airborne.
  • SekiliciousSekilicious Posts: 610 Critical Contributor
    I have been testing Th4nos, C4rnage, and Vulture in Nefarious foes against some Polaris teams to good results. Thanos resetting the board for huge damage is pretty awesome and he and Carnage work in tandem as a green battery so Vulture doesn’t have to do all the heavy lifting. I wish the team had some healing though.