Game crashing on start up [iOS - merged threads]

Comments

• Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    yeah, i got an email saying they're working on the fix and they won't reply to any emails until they've got the update ready that will iron out the bug.
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    It's been over a week since I've been able to log in. I tried on my iPad and my game was reset there. Needless to say I'm not happy...
  • I also have not been able to open the app on my iPhone 6 Plus. I have been having this problem for a few weeks now. I can play it on my iPad mini.
  • Relieved to know I am not the only one who has this issue. Ever since the last IOS update (I'm running 9.3.1), I get to the Marvel screen and it crashes.

I want a Howard the Duck cover and don't want to miss out!
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

The dev team are still working on this one. Please know that you haven't been forgotten. Some bugs are harder nuts to crack than others. Support will be able to provide compensation once the issue has been resolved. (There may have been some messaging confusion surrounding the bug due to a similar Android crash being fixed with the last patch.)

Thanks very much for your patience while the team continues to investigate the cause and get a fix in place.
    Would I have to make a formal complaint to be compensated for the issue?
  • RevJimN wrote:
    Relieved to know I am not the only one who has this issue. Ever since the last IOS update (I'm running 9.3.1), I get to the Marvel screen and it crashes.

I want a Howard the Duck cover and don't want to miss out!

There's a Howard the Duck cover?! I haven't been able to play since March 10th! So much I'm missing! Soooo angry about this.
  • We are missing out on new covers??!! How have they still not fixed this yet?! If they don't heavily compensate us all I will be proper annoyed! Nearly 2 weeks out of this now and I'm starting to get real angry with it!!
  • Ok, I'm having the same symptom, and I think it happened to me after I went to the store to buy hero points as well. I didn't get the points and now my game hangs at the load screen. Is there any way on the PC version to get it to load our Facebook data? I want to keep playing, I was doing great in an event and now I'm screwed and my stored covers are expiring...
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    No progress on a solution? No communication at all?

I'm for sure not the only one getting more and more frustrated as the time goes.

Cmon now
  • Skymedium wrote:
    No progress on a solution? No communication at all?

I'm for sure not the only one getting more and more frustrated as the time goes.

Cmon now

I received a email last night stating that they are "still working on the issue, and if i age any other questions to email the support team"
    Doing that is pointless as you only get a robot answering service who don't answer the questions emailed.
    Getting ridiculous now tho with the waiting to be fixed problem
  • Weldddyyy
    Weldddyyy Posts: 11
    Ok, I'm having the same symptom, and I think it happened to me after I went to the store to buy hero points as well. I didn't get the points and now my game hangs at the load screen. Is there any way on the PC version to get it to load our Facebook data? I want to keep playing, I was doing great in an event and now I'm screwed and my stored covers are expiring...

Yeah think all my 3* covers i stored to champion are all gone by now.. icon_cry.gif
  • So customer support is pretty terrible for a game where I've paid so much money, I submitted my support request over the weekend, they responded on Monday with a request for info that was 1) in the pulldowns, or 2) in the message I had written that they had copied below their own message. I wrote a response and nothing back yet. Given this seems to be a known issue you'd think I'd at least get an email back saying that... icon_razz.gif
  • Still nothing? Still no news of when this will be fixed! This is a joke!!!! Almost 3 weeks without the game and nothing! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Skymedium
    Yep, losing out on loads of ISO and covers.

As above, for the amount of money spent the support is beyond any limits by now. Closing in in the worst ive experienced, Neverwinter online topping it still.

Step it up D3, its in everyones interest to fix this.
  • Skymedium wrote:
    Yep, losing out on loads of ISO and covers.

As above, for the amount of money spent the support is beyond any limits by now. Closing in in the worst ive experienced, Neverwinter online topping it still.

Step it up D3, its in everyones interest to fix this.

I completely agree..... Losing out on too much, and I doubt they will compensate us for it. Too much money spent on something that clearly isn't a 'priority' for D3!

One of my main problems is that they fixed the android issue straight away, but have taken nearly twice as long to fix OS! And no one is answering any questions about it. Joke!
  • So, I have no sent a final email asking if there is any progress, and information they can give me regarding this issue..... I will keep everyone updated, but don't hold your breath as I waited almost 8days for my last response which gave me nothing
  • Skymedium
    I am getting some kinda response from support atleast trying to find the root of the problem.
    I suspect Appstore is somewhat the cause of all this as u get the impression most of us with same problem had failed purchases shortly before the crashes?

/Sky
  • Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Apple released an update that said it found a bug with loading apps and ironed it out. So have done a software update but still the problem persists. Getting tired of waiting for this update now.
    On the plus side I'm using my spare time productively and producing tunes instead, so not all bad.
  • Skymedium
    Last response i got:

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the issue. It seems that the problems you are experiencing in game are known issues, that we are currently working to resolve. It looks like the issue was related to Facebook and Apple updating some of their interactions and that this isn't specific to any device or OS directly. You should be able to play normally on another device.

The next update for Marvel Puzzle Quest should resolve the issue. In the meantime, we shall place your ticket on-hold.

Maybe there is a light somewhere? Lets hope.
  • My girlfriend gave me one of her old Android phones so I've installed MPQ on there and it works, so at least I can play again. Have to carry around two phones now since my iPhone actually has phone service.