Game crashing on start up [iOS - merged threads]

Comments

• Uber303
    Uber303 Posts: 85 Match Maker
    this better get resolved quick i have 3 punishers and 2 novas that need recruiting >(
  • Has anybody heard anything regarding this crash??
  • Markster16
    Markster16 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I have after a week. And they basically said "oh the new update didn't fix it?" Sooooo I don't think they're helping....
  • Uber303
    can a mod please post a press release regarding this issue?
    Thanks, the customer support is very slow and we're all in the dark. Nip it in the bud and tell us what you plan to do to fix this and compensate us for time and rewards that are lost due to being locked out of the app.
  • I was attempting to purchase hero points and had to cancel the transaction right before the crashing began. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Haven't been able to play since March 10th because of this.
  • I'm starting to get really annoyed with it all now.... they have had these complaints for 2-3 weeks and haven't resolved it. Even after people emailing them complaining.....
  • Here are the advices for this problem and results of actions:

1) Restart the device. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]

Restart it with different ways, with manually or with discharge. Nothing has changed...

2) Delete and re-download game. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]

I've delete it and download from my iCloud. Because the possibility of this problem related with my account, I've download it from my brother account. Nothing has changed...

3) Try to play on 3G/4G. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]
    4) Try to play on wifi. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]

I am using wifi at home and office, 3G at outdoor. Try to use different wifi sources, different operators. Nothing has changed...

5) Clear cache. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]

Device has 3 GB free space. I think this is enough for run with no problem but nothing has changed...

6) Update the application. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]

In 3 weeks, 2 different version of update has released. I updated it from AppStore. Nothing has changed...

7) Update the iOS. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]

Last week the last version of iOS (9.3) has released. I update but nothing has changed...

8) Try soft reset the device. [Still the last screen is Marvel logo]

With pressing Home and Close buttons together until Apple logo appears, device has soft reset. I try it but nothing has changed...

Perhaps the Hard Reset can be a solution but I don't want to do it. There is another way to solve this problem...

Note: My device isn't rooted or jail broken. 3 weeks ago I need some HeroPoints. When I were at purchase screen, I decided to sell one of my unused hero, so I close the iTunes. Then all of my nightmares have begun...
  • Square-Chopper
    Square-Chopper Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I was attempting to purchase hero points and had to cancel the transaction right before the crashing began. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Haven't been able to play since March 10th because of this.

This is me too. Haven't been able to play on my iphone for weeks (with absolutely zero help from CS), but it worked on my ipad. Then yesterday I had this exact same situation on my ipad. Was trying to buy hp, game locked up during the transaction so I force closed, then game wouldn't open up again afterwards and still won't. This is way beyond ridiculous at this point.
  • Weldddyyy
    Weldddyyy Posts: 11
    I was attempting to purchase hero points and had to cancel the transaction right before the crashing began. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Haven't been able to play since March 10th because of this.

This is me too. Haven't been able to play on my iphone for weeks (with absolutely zero help from CS), but it worked on my ipad. Then yesterday I had this exact same situation on my ipad. Was trying to buy hp, game locked up during the transaction so I force closed, then game wouldn't open up again afterwards and still won't. This is way beyond ridiculous at this point.

Yeap count me in on this as well. Was gna champion some of my three stars to get legendaries but havent been able to go past the logo for a week:(
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    This problem just begun for me. What the hell are they doing?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hello everyone,

The dev team are still working on this one. Please know that you haven't been forgotten. Some bugs are harder nuts to crack than others. Support will be able to provide compensation once the issue has been resolved. (There may have been some messaging confusion surrounding the bug due to a similar Android crash being fixed with the last patch.)

Thanks very much for your patience while the team continues to investigate the cause and get a fix in place.
  • Uber303
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

The dev team are still working on this one. Please know that you haven't been forgotten. Some bugs are harder nuts to crack than others. Support will be able to provide compensation once the issue has been resolved. (There may have been some messaging confusion surrounding the bug due to a similar Android crash being fixed with the last patch.)

Thanks very much for your patience while the team continues to investigate the cause and get a fix in place.

Thanks dave, tbh this was all the issue really needed (imo) for the time being, just some reassurance. at the end of the day it is what it is and am sure it'll be resolved, its just never a good feeling being left in the dark, knowing something is being done is, like i say, reassuring. cheers.
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Uber303 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

Thanks dave, tbh this was all the issue really needed (imo) for the time being, just some reassurance. at the end of the day it is what it is and am sure it'll be resolved, its just never a good feeling being left in the dark, knowing something is being done is, like i say, reassuring. cheers.

Not to be rude (a little) but if people been having this problem for WEEKS i wouldnt say they are working on it.
    Mobile apps has fairly simple coding and it shoudnt take weeks for them to find the faulty one and fix it.

I am not impressed by the support even though i love the game itself. They got a lot to improve on.

/Sky
  • Skymedium wrote:
    Uber303 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

Not to be rude (a little) but if people been having this problem for WEEKS i wouldnt say they are working on it.
    Mobile apps has fairly simple coding and it shoudnt take weeks for them to find the faulty one and fix it.

I am not impressed by the support even though i love the game itself. They got a lot to improve on.

/Sky

I agree a little here, you say that the android problem was fixed in the last update, but didn't think to fix the rest of the problems for other users such as OS users. I love playing this game, but the fact the people have been unable to play for weeks (myself just over a week now) is bad form.
    Understandably you have to find the problem and fix it, but having been told the problem shouldn't that make the job easier?
    Will there be any news on when (if) this problem will be fixed ie an update is due?
  • Unknown
    edited April 2016
    Add me to the list. Running iOS 9.3 ver 13E237 MPQ R97.0.335468

Was eyeing a store purchase, had to cancel the purchase pop up. Game no longer gets past Marvel splash screen. icon_e_sad.gif

Bummed that I missed the sale, but even more that I can't play, can't recruit cards, and can't get my daily chest/DPD cards.

If it helps: the purchase iOS popup that I dismissed came up after I'd closed the app (home button) and I dismissed it at the home screen.

EDIT: Just updated to 9.3.1. Issue continues
  • I use my iPad Air to play the MPQ game, and it was going fine until I just updated my game a couple days ago and then tried to purchase items in the store to get the bonus. Since my purchase, which wouldn't go through at first so I had to try a second time, all I get is the marvel logo and then crash. Haven't been able to play for two days and I just discovered that this has been a problem for weeks now?! So is there any fix on the horizon, I can't imagine how pissed off the players who have been waiting since the beginning of March.

For me the trouble began after the last update (plenty of memory, updated software, nothing wrong with my hardware, tried deleting and reloading the app etc.) and the MPQ store. Not sure if this is the same bug or a different one, but I am not going to delete the Facebook connection like some have tried since that's my backup and I like my 80+ roster.
  • Well, I've just had the iPhone update. I'm now 9.3.1 and that was to fix bugs with apps that crash on opening and other big fixes..... And Puzzle Quest still doesn't open. That is 2 Apple updates in just over a week...... Why can't this game do the same to fix the problem?
  • I was attempting to purchase hero points and had to cancel the transaction right before the crashing began. Perhaps that has something to do with it. Haven't been able to play since March 10th because of this.
    That's exactly what happened to me too, and now I can't get on after having tried everything. It continues to crash.
  • This just happened to me today. Keeps crashing on the marvel logo. I've powered the phone down and deleted and reinstalled the game. Using an iPhone 5c running OS 9.2.1.
  • Anyone with any feedback from anyone? D3 have now stopped emailing me back now, even tho the emails I received were no help at all.